Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW (14494 Views)

Youth Trooped Out In Abuja To Get Their PVC (pix, Video) / Enugu Youths Turn Out En Masse To Collect Their PVC (Photos, Video) / Thugs Prevent People From Collecting Their PVC's In Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by ijustdey: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2019
The National Union of Road Transport Workers has said that though it promised a 50 per cent transport fare slash for those who might be travelling for the rescheduled elections, only travellers who have their Permanent Voter Cards to show will enjoy the benefit.

The NURTW Lagos State chairman, Tajudeen Agbede, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday that the directive was to cushion the effects of last weekend’s election postponement.

“Our members have been directed, especially those plying inter-state routes, to give a 50 per cent discount to those travelling out of Lagos for the elections,” Agbede said.

He spoke to NAN after the union’s State Executives Meeting.

However, he stated, “To enjoy the 50 per cent discount, a prospective traveller is expected to show his/her Permanent Voter Card to the driver before he/she would be allowed to enjoy the discount.

“This is the directive from the national headquarters of our union.

“It will be carried out in all inter-state parks in the country which is part of our contribution to the electoral process,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Arik Air has also reduced its flight fare to N16,000 to ensure that eligible voters travel to cast their votes.

https://punchng.com/to-enjoy-50-fare-slash-travellers-must-show-their-pvc-says-nurtw/

4 Likes

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by nifemi25(m): 10:55pm On Feb 21, 2019
Agege Loga waaa.

8 Likes

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by my2019mind: 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
Mmh, all these show your pvc, show your pvc, all in the name of helping in transportation. I did not say anything o! Nigerians shine your eyes.

5 Likes

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:37am On Feb 22, 2019
The directive was to cushion the effects of last weekend’s election postponement.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Arik Air has also reduced its flight fare to N16,000 to ensure that eligible voters travel to cast their votes.
Fair and thoughtful enough!
We are getting to that sane society gradually.
A society that cares about its citizens!

On a lighter mood,
If you don't have a PVC but want to use the election opportunity to go and do another kinda voting with your boo in another location, kindly hold your cheesy transport fare!
Chikena!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 22, 2019
Like for NURTW, Share otherwise

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by Neymessi: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
like for Atiku, share for mc oluomo

80 Likes 15 Shares

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by hisexcellency34: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
MC Oluomo our future governor in Lagos

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by Amuluonyenaego: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
I DEDICATE MINE TO ATIKU grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by faithfull18(f): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
One useful thing they have done.

1 Like

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by aytech360(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
Good one from the agbero's grin
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by miracle956: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
I hope the don't have any evil motive
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by oriewanbe: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2019
Driver:- Benin to Abuja 4,000
Passenger:- but there is 50% the fare should be 2,000
Driver:- We increase the price this morning to 8,000 so what is 50% of 8,000? You think I no go school?
Lies everywhere.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by three: 9:39am On Feb 22, 2019

NURTW?

Lol!

2 Likes

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by joeyswift(m): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2019
Abeg does it apply to flights too, let me fly to Abuja and back toda.lol grin grin

2 Likes

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by dante0147: 9:40am On Feb 22, 2019
nifemi25:
Agege Loga waaa.

Wahlai... Oluomo Ko le Be!
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by samisj4real(m): 9:40am On Feb 22, 2019
Please will there be VIKINGS season 6?
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by seunlayi(m): 9:40am On Feb 22, 2019
Buhari must be voted out at all cost, I can't see why apc can't present another candidate and retire baba to the background. Atiku will teach them a lesson
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by adioolayi(m): 9:40am On Feb 22, 2019
Let's settle this asap!
Tired engaging political neophytes in discussions.

NextLevel....Oya O!
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by solochris(m): 9:41am On Feb 22, 2019
So if i board a bus going to Ibadan now at ojota, they will splash the fare by 50% because of pvc, Nigerians can believe anything

3 Likes

Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by junglej: 9:42am On Feb 22, 2019
my2019mind:
Mmh, all these show your pvc, show your pvc, all in the name of helping in transportation. I did not say anything o! Nigerians shine your eyes.

Nobody is helping in transportation, but help reduce cost for voting. It's like having a rebate for students traveling but u have to show ur I.D. It is well recommend
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Nice, but would dey be eligible for the return ticket slash?
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by Pavore9: 9:42am On Feb 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:
MC Oluomo our future governor in Lagos

His nuisance level cannot soar to that height! cheesy
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by Dadaboddo: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2019
ASUU should be forced to help out students too for bringing untold hardship onto poor students.
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2019
If you trust MC Oluomo, show him your PVC
Re: To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW by alizma: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2019
Neymessi:
like for Atiku, share for mc oluomo
so Atiku and MC Oluomo are now in the same class?

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Presents Ecowas 2018 Excellence Award(photos) / Policeman, Six Others Killed As Bandits Attack Villages In Katsina / Acute Hunger Looming In Northern Nigeria - UN's FAO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.