Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

Ondo State Voters - We’re Not Discouraged - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Voters - We’re Not Discouraged (210 Views)

I’m Not Discouraged By Tinubu’s Inauguration Because I Will Fight To Secure.... / I’m Discouraged After Last Week’s Visit To Buhari­ – Bakare / We Are Not Discouraged By Malicious Threats - Amnesty International Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State Voters - We’re Not Discouraged by YewandeAkinjewe: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
In their avowed determination to ensure their choice candidates emerge winners in the rescheduled Saturday elections, voters in Ondo State have expressed their readiness to come out enmasse and vote.

In a chat with The Hope, it was gathered from different parts of the state that electorates are not discouraged by the shift in election dates, but are prepared to participate against all odds.

In a chat with a legal practitioner & Public Affairs Analyst, Barr. Remigius Akinbinu: he said: “Of course, I will vote. The unfortunate incident of the postponement, to me, was due to systemic failure which all of us are guilty of.

A civil servant from the riverine area of the state who does not want her name in print said, taking part in tomorrow’s elections and subsequent ones is a worthwhile sacrifice for the sake of promoting the nation’s democracy.

She said it is very needful for everybody to come out massively to give their franchise to whoever they desire to choose to lead them, saying “this is simply being patriotic and committed to the developmental agenda of the country.

Another public servant who simply wants to be identified as Bunmi said he remains resolute to contribute his vote in support of his choice candidates to ensure their victory at their respective elective positions’ contests.

Bunmi who claimed to have spent so much by travelling down to his home town to partake in the election last Saturday before it was rescheduled, insisted that he will return home for tomorrow’s polls despite its financial implication.

An artisan who is based in Ondo City, Mr Adedoyin Anthony said his mind is made up to join his people to cast his vote at his polling booth tomorrow.

Adedoyin who predicted a greater turn out in the rescheduled election said many people now feel more concerned and willing to vote following various reports and allegations that have trailed the polity and the election umpire in the last one week.

Also speaking, Olusola Akinbinu from Ondo West who said he remained unshaken in his decision to vote, stated that the election postponement is not enough reason for people to abandon the process or get dejected, noting that election is very vital at determining the leadership and policies that will run the society.

(1) (Reply)

An Advice Given To Corp Members Going To Their Pus For 2019 Election / Atikulated Nigerians Don't Vote Beyond The Umbrella Symbol.... / Election: Soldiers Harass Journalists In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.