Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali (798 Views)

I Quit Pulpit For Benue Politics –rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia APC Gov Candidate / Cyril Akunyili: IPOB May Not Be Involved In Killing Of Dr Chike Akunyili / Prophet Muyideen Kasali: Atiku, Try Running For Presidency One More Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by cute9ja: 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2019
The South-West coordinator of the Osinbajo campaign group, Rev Yomi Kasali has stated that the church as an entity should not be involved in partisan politics.

'I'm very actively involved in politics, but in my church i will never use the pulpit to say something about a particular candidate, the pulpit should never be a campaign pulpit'

He continiued, 'Pastors should never go to the pulpit to say we support this person or that person, anybody that supports a candidate will go to hell, this is very wrong and blasphemous'

'Although it happens in the Pentecostal where i belong to, they a bit with aome recklessness and rascality, they are the ones who go a bit too far and we all know it started from the last administration, it was the PDP and Goodluck Jonathan that dragged the church fully into politics'

'In the days of Awolowo, politics was only region not religion'

He concluded by saying he will never impose his political preference in church.

WATCH VIDEO BELOW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rww2q6HqFKs

SOURCE - http://www.nigerianeye.com/2019/02/video-churches-should-not-be-involved.html

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by successmatters(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
But mosques should?

2 Likes

Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by cute9ja: 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2019
successmatters:
But mosques should?

He is a pastor not an imam, he has spoken for his church, maybe more pastors and Imams should come out and speak too

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by cute9ja: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
What do you guys think?
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by NothingDoMe: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
You won't physically impose your candidate but you will do so psycologically.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by cute9ja: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2019
About?
NothingDoMe:
I am confused
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by magoo10(m): 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
What is rev Kasali himself doing
He also represents the church abi he is also covered with the spirit of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by cute9ja: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
You obviously did not watch the video
magoo10:
What is rev Kasali himself doing
He also represents the church abi he is also covered with the spirit of hypocrisy.
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by magoo10(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
cute9ja:
i watched the whole interview and was ashamed to see a reverend or is it a pastor defending and campaigning politicians.
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
magoo10:
i watched the whole interview and was ashamed to see a reverend or is it a pastor defending politicians.
Who should he defend Satan?
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by magoo10(m): 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=asuustrike1 post=75998110]
Who should he defend Satan?[/quote]
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by cute9ja: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
The main point of the video is criticizing churches who support politicians, how you watched something else is beyond me.
magoo10:
i watched the whole interview and was ashamed to see a reverend or is it a pastor defending politicians.
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by cute9ja: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
grin grin grin
asuustrike1:

Who should he defend Satan?
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by mekaboy(m): 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2019
But mosques should be.
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by magoo10(m): 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
cute9ja:
[s]The main point of the video is criticizing churches who support politicians, how you watched something else is beyond me.[/s]
supporting politicians and campaigning for politicians what is the difference?abi you need dictionary
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by dododawa1: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
RELIGION and AFRICA
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by BuhariLooter(m): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
ATIKULATED NIGERIA ALL THE WAY...

Tinubu is like a parasite to Lagos state The funniest part, he is not even a lagosian

The Babies The Teens Adults Grand and Great Grand parents and The Ancestors Have Decided to Send Buhari to Daura! Buhari is GONE
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by KidsNEXTdoor: 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2019
Useless Afonja pastor

He will be quiet when Christians and priests are massacred in the country....

But get his voice back once elections approaches...

Supporters of Evil
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by pedel: 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2019
He doesn't have data.

cute9ja:
Re: Churches Should Not Be Involved In Politics - Rev Yomi Kasali by cute9ja: 10:28pm On Feb 22, 2019
grin
pedel:
He doesn't have data.

(1) (Reply)

APC Winning! SKIMEH, Akin Alabi And Teslim Wins / Whats The Destination Next For Bukola Saraki / JUST IN: Atiku Narrowly Defeats Buhari In Benue - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.