Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

See Hon. Mrs.betinah Horfall's Manifesto For Rivers Assembly, Andoni Constituenc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Hon. Mrs.betinah Horfall's Manifesto For Rivers Assembly, Andoni Constituenc (592 Views)

2023 Presidency : I Won’t Reveal My Manifesto For Nigerians Now – Tinubu / Gunmen Kidnap Betinah Benson, Mother Of Konbowei Benson, Bayelsa SSG's Mother / Sowore2019 : Aac Party Manifesto For The Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See Hon. Mrs.betinah Horfall's Manifesto For Rivers Assembly, Andoni Constituenc by Chemaphy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
LIBERATION 2019

CAST YOUR VOTES FOR ME
BRIEF HISTORY / MANIFESTO OF HONOURABLE BETINAH HORSFALL ( MRS ).

Honourable Betinah Horsfall ( Mrs ) was born in Ataba Town, Andoni Local Government Area, Rivers State . She was married with Children. She attended Government Primary School Ataba, Government Comprehensive Secondary School Ataba / Community Secondary School Ibotirem both in Andoni Local Government Area, Rivers State . She furthered her higher education in University of Science and Technology, Nkpolu Port Harcourt. PGD Management and M.Sc Management.

PERSONALITY ;

I am a Pan - Nigerian , Pan - Riverian and a Pan - Andonian . I am charismatic, pragmatic and visionary .
My core values are, Fear of God, integrity, honesty, humility . I attend to my functions with dignity, compassion and empathy aimed at adding value to all rational human development process which I undertake .

EXPERIENCES ;

I am a former Councillor . I represented Ward Ten (10 ) in the Andoni Legislative House from 2007 to 2011. The wealth of my experience, the quality of my responsiveness and handling of issues in Andoni Legislative Assembly is a proof of my competence .
We are living in the era of culture of replication of best practices, of harnessing good experiences to bring deliverables to our constituencies . I survived opposition, as a single candidate in the all opposition council . The experience will enhance my performance in this higher responsibility and I will justify the confidence the good people of Andoni are entrusting on me .

MISSION ;

i . Promote, support legislative processes and laws towards eliminating poverty, illiteracy and facilitate human capacity development
ii . Sponsor and support legislative towards the promotion of peace, security, unity and development in Andoni, Rivers State and Nigeria in General.
iii . Further Promote, sponsor and facilitate sustainable legal frameworks for leveraging the natural potentials of Andoni environmental diversity to enhance economic growth and development of the Obolo people ; in this connection, to inter -alia call for expedited actions to address.
iv. Degradation of our Biodiversity resulting from oil explortation and exploitation and sustainable remedial measures in this regard .
v. Allocation of oil blocs at the exclusion of those who suffer the adverse effect of oil spillage.
The principal occupation of the Andoni people is fishing .
Oil spillage impacts negatively on the fishing occupation of the Andoni people . The destruction of aquatic life is one of many of its effect . The resort to consumption of ice-fish is a pathetic case in Andoni . The presence of acquatic lives namely periwinkles, oyster, the black whelks, and the seasonal natural spring up of the bloody cockles which were sources of family income and supports are now stories that can only be told in history classes . These explain the extent of the rape of our environment . The devastation will be addressed by the law .

YOUR ROLE IN THE PROCESS ;

Law is a tool to address the pains, aspirations and relations of the people . Though it is politically formulated. Its force outlives a political dispensation and traverses all human endeavour including religion, secularism, economic etc.
Therefore, its formulation should be void of prejudices and sentiments from across political divides. The collective inpuuof those whose lives the law will impact is very critical. To this end and for good results, every Andoni person, young and old, will be a critical stakeholder in the processes and structures of my tenure in the Rivers State Legislative Assembly.
I believe in every son and daughter of Andoni. You are the sovereign . Our success will come through our collective efforts . We will have peoples' oriented laws; we will have reliable people oriented development framework .
Therefore, I will never assume what we need but I will always complement what I know we need with what you know and tell me that we need .
To achieve this, I will undertake timely consultations to have all shades of opinion that will shape my thoughts towards our needs, the needs of my people. I will involve you to explore the pains, yawning and aspirations of the great Andoni people and offer solutions through the law to them . I will perform as an assignment and a duty you give me through your votes .
I therefore, pledge my commitment and allegiance to be a responsible Representative and your Ambassador, to render quality service in the Rivers State House Of Assembly on your behalf.
For this, I am requesting your mandate through your votes.