Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,261 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently (28554 Views)

Oh My God! See How Peter Obi Was Nearly Assassinated During His Rally In Oyo / Nnamdi Kanu Lambasts Wike, Nigerian Police And Army, Remembers Stella Abugu / Nnamdi Kanu Warns Wike, Nigerian Army Over Arrest Of IPOB Members In Oyigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by aminulive: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2019
@POLITICSNGR

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has revealed that he survived an assassination attempt on his life on Thursday night after soldiers sent by the General Officer Commanding 6 Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Jamil Sarham confronted his security details.

Wike, in a statement made available to PoliticsNGR, signed by his spokesman, Simeon Nwakaudu, also alleged that the military was supplying fake uniforms to militants hired by the APC for the purpose of disrupting the elections and unleashing mayhem.

Speaking after a meeting with officials of the British High Commission at the Government House, Port Harcourt on Friday, Governor Wike said the General Officer Commanding 6 Division of the Nigerian Army has been taking very unprofessional measures to silence PDP members.

He said that he has informed the British High Commission and other foreign missions of the anti-democratic actions of the security forces, especially the Nigerian Army.

He said: "Last night; the General Officer Commanding 6 Division of the Nigerian Army plotted an assassination on my life. Thank God, that was not successful.

"On Friday, 15th of January, a day to the 16th of February, the first date for the elections before it was rescheduled, the GOC sent soldiers to cordone off my private residence.

"Yesterday, I was shocked that when I left Government House to see some political leaders, soldiers were trailing me. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't have military security details.

"Along Abacha road where you have Algate Hotel, to my surprise, I heard my security men shouting that the soldiers are behind us. I have said this severally about the GOC of the 6 Division that nobody should kill because he was promised the position of Chief of Army Staff ".

The governor said that the General Officer Commanding the Division can be promoted a Chief of Army Staff without killing anyone. He said that there is no need to kill innocent people for personal ambition.

He said that Rivers State is strategically positioned in Nigeria and should not be destabilised for political goals.

"Rivers State is so important to this country. The economy of Nigeria cannot survive without Rivers State. By what they are doing, they are scaring investors away", Governor Wike said.

He urged the President to talk to the Army to reduce their level of partisanship and illegal activities ahead of the elections.

"The GOC held a meeting with the soldiers yesterday and said they must do everything they can to ensure that the President wins. That is not good. Allow Nigerians to support whoever they want to support", he said.

He said there is no reason for any fight in the state because the APC is not running the Governorship, National Assembly and State Assembly Elections in Rivers State.

He regretted that the Nigeria Army has started arresting PDP in Eleme and other Local Government Areas. He said that 182 persons have been pencilled down for arrest by the Army.

Governor Wike decried the supply of military uniforms to APC militants because it would have post elections negative consequences.

Earlier, the Political Officer of the British High Commission in Nigeria, Louis Edwards said that they were in the state to observe the Elections.

She said that the Resident Electoral Commissioner of Rivers State assured her that things would work well. She said that she is looking forward to a peaceful Elections.

https://politicsngr.com/just-pdp-governor-reveals-nigerian-army-nearly-assassinated-details/

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by successmatters(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Wike is a lover of democracy, a grassroot politician and slayer of the lizard of ubima.

All hail Nwesom wike, the slayer of APC.

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by dlw09(f): 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
tongue tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by haywire07(m): 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has revealed that he survived an assassination attempt on his life on Thursday night after soldiers sent by the General Officer Commanding 6 Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Jamil Sarham confronted his security details.

Soldiers confronted your security detail and then it's automatically an assassination attempt.

See, there's no sleep for the wicked.
Not even young John the wicked producer undecided

Wike will continue to live in extreme fear of the unknown due to his own deeds.

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Russi: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hmmm

Nigeria elections....the sweetest Nollywood series!

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Baawaa(m): 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2019
Wike,will you shut up,if they want to kill you they will do without traces

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Oweku: 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
Bubu's boys u mean?
Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Nogodye(m): 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2019
Sakamanje

6 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by donbachi(m): 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2019
4 ur mind ooo

4 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Chukwurah003: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
This man is dreaming.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by three: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2019
Uninstall....

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by EternalYouth(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2019
Nearly kill you? Thank God for your life. But dear Wike, don't try anything funny thing with the ballot box tomorrow. Ballot box thief will certainly get the ultimate penalty. WARNING!!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Triangles1(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2019
Is your life worth more than the innocent Citizens that you're using for your political ambition in River, almost everyday 3 to 5 human being lifes put to rest in River state for political fight and cult related issues, and you as a incumbent Governor has no controversy over this menace.

Now you know how threatening it could be to experience death.

If you kill with sword, you will stary suspecting anybody that move around with knife or cutlass.

This is Nigeria where karma sell faster than gari, oga wike just relax and enjoy it with the next kuli kuli and cold water in the absence of sugar that we've been enjoying since.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by helinues: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
Fortunate governor.

Too local

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by AllenSpencer: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
Too bad they did not

The soldiers that missed should face a firing squad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by obembet(f): 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
Wike self na assassin

1 Like

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Topmaike007(m): 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
Anything that doesn't favour this man is always put on APC... tomorrow is coming and Monday we will know

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Lakside1955(m): 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
May be you want to snatch the ballot box grin

5 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by BafanaBafana: 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
We will kill them all
They will not leave here alive
They will all die
They want to assassinate me.
The only thing in Wike's vocabulary is kill kill kill

6 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by yrex01(m): 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
Pdp pipu talks too much.

4 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by LordCenturion(m): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
This guy think say we be fool.... Lol �

4 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by OgbanjeProphet: 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
Vote for sanity tomorrow. Vote for Atiku tomorrow.

Do not vote for the next level of insecurity. We are tired of bloodbath in this beautiful country called NAIJA.

Let us vote out all those that are not only happy with our present suffering, but want to take us to the next level of suffering.

We can only make Nigeria great by voting in the right person tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by johnaruson(m): 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
Vote 'em out
Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by canalily(m): 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
wike.himself.is.a.tragedy

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Benlag: 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
Wike brain is upside down

6 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by Corrosiveman(m): 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
WIKE THE CRIMINAL

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by cleary: 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
cc
Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by goslowgoslow(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
Shut up! What about all the people you have assasinated to gain power?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Nigerian Army Nearly Assassinated Me Recently by dododawa1: 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
WIKE thinking like bloodly civilan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Government Has Recovered N1 Trillion Looted Funds – APC Leaders / Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video / Ajimobi Greets Rashidi Ladoja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.