Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video (28572 Views)

Bayo Ononuga Shares 'Tinubu’s Guinean Connection' By Amb. Ousmane Yara / Profile Of Ousmane Yara, The Man In Guinean Chopper With Tinubu (pics) / Chat Genius Explains Tinubu's Forfeiture And Wanting To Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Estello: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2023
A few days after a viral video showing President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, in a helicopter belonging to the Guinean government surfaced, the man at the centre of it all, Amb. Ousmane Yara, has exclusively revealed to Daily Sun what transpired.

In a chanced meeting with Daily Sun in a highbrow Abuja hotel on Sunday, Yara opened up on the relationship Tinubu, former Guinean President, Alpha Conde and him had.

He also shed light on Tinubu’s special recognition by the Guinean government under Conde.

Yara, a Guinean, who is Ambassador African Union (AU) Agenda 2063, told Daily Sun that the viral video was shot sometime in 2016 when Tinubu visited Guinea as guest of then President Conde during the country’s independence anniversary celebration.

He said that Tinubu, him (Yara) and Sanwo-Olu, who was not governor then, were travelling in the helicopter from Guinean capital to Mamu, in the Fula region of the country, to attend independence anniversary celebration, as, according to him, then President Conde used to move the state function related to the anniversary from region to region every year, when he was in power.

Yara revealed that Tinubu first visited Guinea in 2015 after he hosted former President Conde in Lagos earlier. According to him, the president-elect’s attendance of Guinea’s independence anniversary celebration in 2016 was his second as guest of former President Conde.

He said: “Through one of Tinubu’s aides at that time, who is now a minister in the government of Nigeria, I facilitated a meeting between President Conde and Tinubu. President Conde was going for reelection, for the second term, in office then in 2015. He came to Nigeria to see Tinubu, who organised a dinner in his honour. At the dinner, Tinubu invited many Nigerian businessmen and others.

“President Conde then invited Tinubu to Guinea about one month to the election for his second term. Tinubu honoured the invitation and came with a team of economic experts and businessmen, who took time to discuss with Guinean government officials how the country could better harness its resources for economic prosperity and development.

“Tinubu spent only one day and travelled to London from there, but left the team he came with to continue engagement with Guinean officials on how to transform Guinea. The team and Guinean government officials worked for three days, and came up with an economic roadmap.”

Amb Yara said that thrilled by Tinubu’s support for his reelection and for bringing the team that worked with Guinea officials to chart an economic and development agenda, President Conde invited Tinubu to the independence anniversary in 2016.

“President Conde invited Tinubu to the independence anniversary. Since the official function at every independence anniversary was done in different regions, Tinubu was required to fly from the country’s capital, in a helicopter, to Mamu, where that year’s event held. That was the video being circulated. At the independence anniversary celebration, President Conde gave Tinubu the honour and privilege of a president, in appreciation of what he did for him during his reelection bid and towards economic development of Guinea.”

Yara said it was in order to show appreciation to Tinubu that former President Conde gave him a “Special Envoy” status.

“Conde recognised Tinubu as a pan-Africanist and saw him as a special envoy,” Yara said.

The AU Ambassador said that governments extend honorary citizenship to important people who may not be their citizens as a mark of recognition of their contributions to socio-economic and political developments in the countries, which does not make such persons citizens of the countries.

Daily Sun findings from Wikipedia is that honorary citizenship is a “status bestowed by a city or other government on a foreign or native individual whom it considers to be especially admirable or otherwise worthy of the distinction. The honour usually is symbolic and does not confer any change to citizenship or nationality.”

Yara said Tinubu, being a friend of Conde, is not strange as individuals and politicians all over the world have presidents as friends.

He revealed that many Nigerian politicians and businessmen were friends of Conde when he was in power, including former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and President Muhammadu Buhari, who hosted the former president in Abuja.

Amb. Yara, in a bid to authenticate what he said, put a video call through to former President Conde, who has been living in Turkey since he was ousted from office in 2021.

Conde, answering a question on his relationship with Tinubu, said: “Tinubu is the biggest pan-Africanist I have seen. Before I met Tinubu, I had noted his accomplishments, right from when he was governor. I see him as a ‘Lion of Africa’ because of his contributions towards the stability and development of Africa. He has always supported African presidents who were pan-Africanists in disposition and others.”

Conde confirmed that he recognised Tinubu as ambassador extraordinaire (special envoy) of Guinea, while promising to speak in details about the president-elect in due course.

The former president expressed confidence in the ability of Tinubu to do well as president.

He noted: “I am convinced that Tinubu’s leadership will be good for Nigeria. Nigeria is a country other West African nations look up to. I am happy for Tinubu. Anything he may require of me to make his government successful, in my personal capacity, I will willingly do. He helped us in Guinea and I will never forget that. Nigerians should pray for the success of Tinubu’s government because his leadership will be impactful.”

https://sunnewsonline.com/ousmane-yara-opens-up-on-tinubu-alpha-conde-guinea/

65 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by BeardedmeatR(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2023
Damage control always.

195 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by LagosEmir: 11:05am On Apr 25, 2023
Tinubu the drug baron abi the Tinubu in my street ?

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Nice2023(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2023
What about the cocaine that were brought out.

Na dash,una dash them...abi who dash each other self.

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by CorrectionFLuid: 11:13am On Apr 25, 2023
The chief thief was caught having dual citizenship and a foreign passport.

They tried to rope Obi in by saying, he too has a honorary citizenship of Texas. (Argumentum tu quo que).

The thieves got schooled that honorary citizenship was just honorary.

They have now changed the dual citizenship of the chief thief to honorary citizenship.

LMAO

148 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by nothingspoil70: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2023
See how zombidients will read this thread and pass.

They don't like any thread bursting their lies

346 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by lanre9ja(m): 11:18am On Apr 25, 2023
Good

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by QuotaSystem: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2023
“President Conde then invited Tinubu to Guinea about one month to the election for his second term.

Tinubu honoured the invitation and came with a team of economic experts and businessmen, who took time to discuss with Guinean government officials how the country could better harness its resources for economic prosperity and development.

Another testimony of Tinubu’s sterling leadership qualities…no wonder the Guinean President was so grateful.

The AU Ambassador said that governments extend honorary citizenship to important people who may not be their citizens as a mark of recognition of their contributions to socio-economic and political developments in the countries, which does not make such persons citizens of the countries.

Conde should have allowed them to remain distracted as D-day fast approaches 😎

#34Days #PresidentialInauguration

317 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by IgweOfNnewi: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hehehehehehehehehe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by RockHard: 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tinubu na Don. His political influence extends beyond Nigeria. Una wey dey find mandate wey no loss and 'dual citizenship', hope say Una eye don clear? Your candidate is no match for Asiwaju. Peteru Obi should heed Nnamani's recent admonition. Tinubu no be hin mate. Igi imu jina sori. Y'all better recognize. cool

295 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by 00FFT00(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tales by moonlight. Believe anything Tinubu at your own peril. Tell us how many "Keys" were in discussion.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Feintline: 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ramblings of ousmane yara.
Pan africanist indeed.
Tinubu is a pan african escobar.

Who is ousmane yara?
Ousmane yara himself is the same person exposed by David hundeyin as an alleged fixer and baron .

The mess with and around tinubu is too much to be covered. It cannot be covered.

What we are waiting for now is to see the judges who will put their names in gold in the history as those who stood boldly , honestly and courageous or as judges who destroyed Nigeria.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Kingsize4eva(m): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tales by moonlight

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by TemplarLandry: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tinubu is unstoppable!

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
They should keep deceiving themselves. It’s obvious this one has been contacted to go talk on Tinubu’s defense. I here’s are my questions…

If what this Man is saying is true, why were they covering the Camera at some point when the substance on the floor of the chopper was captured?

Also, what were they doing in an isolated area? That place obviously doesn’t look like an open area. What why were they there?

I believe more truth will be revealed soon sha. It’s only a matter of time.. ✅

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by ljoh: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Ola9ja23: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
Buhari was not the only president installed by Asiwaju as Asiwaju has been maintaining the status of president before Obi diots master Ojuikwu bid for Senate hit the rock

About time for IPOB to let go of their grievances and hatred for this man.

Asiwaju is millions of miles ahead of all IPOB past and present

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Ola9ja23: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
All Ndi IPOB should come to Abuja and bow to ASIWAJU and ask for forgiveness for their rudeness and insults otherwise no Igbo man will smell Ask Villa till eternity

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
The viral video was shot sometime in 2016 when Tinubu visited Guinea as guest of then President Conde during the country’s independence anniversary celebration.

He said that Tinubu, him (Yara) and Sanwo-Olu, who was not governor then, were travelling in the helicopter from Guinean capital to Mamu, in the Fula region of the country, to attend independence anniversary celebration, as, according to him, then President Conde used to move the state function related to the anniversary from region to region every year, when he was in power.
Again,

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

We Rise.

312 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Ola9ja23: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
The popularity of Obituary ends in Biafra while Asiwaju is a world leader

No country can detaine Asiwaju as a criminal bcs the leader of the world recognize him even before he becomes president

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Flapp478(m): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ok. I can only pray for the betterment of this country. Most times, when u look around, u feel there's no future. But we can't give up. Our leaders must pls rise up to the occasion.

I don't know what to do or say, I am downbeat at the moment and filled with sadness. No parents to run to as a student. I am appealing for your assistance of 3k to enable me buy some foodstffs pls. I can't read due to hunger. Pls help me
Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Risingblue008(m): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
Fr
Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by ClearFlair: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
lol
Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by grandstar(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
What is the need for this explanation abeg i find this interview very hilarious. If tinubu is very clean what is the need of lookin for AU envoy to explain the video trending I just feel so sorry for my country nigeria. Most times when you open the news there's nothing meaningful or informative to read. There no transparency at the fedral level all we read is how many people are killed or tinubu's drug case, or how politicans are having power tussle. You can't wake up and see information on technology or new trends on how you can improve your business.

What happened to the job recruitment posted on nairaland are we moving forward or backwards as a country?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Sektor101(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
Let see the helicopter first search for
St Suleiman on YouTube for my educational videos

1 Like

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by buharibanjo(m): 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Obidients, over to you

3 Likes

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by lexy2014: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
RockHard:
Tinubu na Don. His political influence extends beyond Nigeria. Una wey dey find mandate wey no loss and 'dual citizenship', hope say Una eye don clear? Una candidate is no match for Asiwaju. Pereru Obi should heed Nnamani's recent admonition. Tinubu no be hin mate. Igi imu jina sori. Y'all better recognize. cool

so how will this move nigeria forward?

1 Like

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Menclothing: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Tinubu single handedly sponsor Ghana Guinea president current France president he gave him a house in ikoyi b4 he became president.

This man needs to be studied as a course he is a grace it’s beyond human just God

I can’t hate who God have bless

God make kings not man

He can also dethrone kings

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ousmane Yara Explains Tinubu’s Link With Guinea, Addresses Helicopter Video by Patrioticman007(m): 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
CorrectionFLuid:
The chief thief was caught having dual citizenship and a foreign passport.

They tried to rope Obi in by saying, he too has a honorary citizenship of Texas. (Argumentum tu quo que).

The thieves got schooled that honorary citizenship was just honorary.

They have now changed the dual citizenship of the chief thief to honorary citizenship.

LMAO

Don't be bitter about life or any candidate Nigeria is our only true country. Thank you daddies shouldn't loose hope on the Tribunal, for it's too early to start resorting to technicalities of Dual citizenship as instrument to truncate another democratically elected president.
The days of IBB must go are gone for ever.

16 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Govt Dissolves Park And Garages Committee, Returns NURTW / Miyetti Allah Kicks As Fulani Radio Attracts More Reactions / #LekkiShooting: Our Hospital Was Overwhelmed On First Night – Babajide Lawson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.