Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,584 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Harnessing The Power Of Social Media To Get Clients For Your Business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Harnessing The Power Of Social Media To Get Clients For Your Business (747 Views)

How To Get Clients As A Web Designer And The Email Sample To Send Them / What Is The Best Way To Get Clients As A Web Developer? / Web Developers : Using Social Media To Get Clients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Harnessing The Power Of Social Media To Get Clients For Your Business by Grammywinner: 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Social media is such a mighty force to reckon with in this age, but it’s quite sad that only a few businesses and solopreneuers really harness the power of social media to get clients for their business.

No one can deny there’s a whole lot of fun to be found on social media. I know of people who only hop on their favorite social network when they feel bored, and they’re never disappointed. A few minutes to getting online and they’re full of smiles and laughs as they stare at their phone.

It’s good to be on social media for the fun it provides, but that shouldn’t be the main reason why you use social media, especially if you have a digital skill or own a business.

We live in a time where almost everyone has a presence on one social media network or more, even our elderly folks. According to Statita, there are about 3.9 billion internet users in the world today, and 2.77 billion of them have functioning social media accounts.

When social media is used right, you get the opportunity to discover individuals who are in need of the product or services you offer, and are willing to pay heavily for it. Leveraging social platforms as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram can be one of the most effective ways for your business to reach more prospects and clients.

In my career as a freelance writer, I’ve worked with a great deal of ciients, majority of which I met on such freelance marketplaces as Fiverr and Upwork. Now the pay I got from these set of clients have been good to an extent, but my highest paying clients of all time have come from social media – Twitter to be precise.

Getting a client on Fiverr who’s willing to pay you anything more than $10 for a 500 word article is a herculean task, especially when you’re a new seller on the platform, and don’t come from a native English-speaking country. It is same on Upwork. I had a hard time finding the right client who was willing to pay me at the rates my level of expertise deserved.

All I got were people from the U.S., U.K, India, Canada and the likes asking me to write articles for them at freaking low rates. This continued until I turned to social media to get more leads for my business and to discover who actually needed my service. And it did pay off in a big way.

I made use of the Twitter search feature and connected with my first high-paying client. Her Tweet about needing a writer for her blog was five days old when I discovered it, but I replied anyway stating I was up to the task. She asked for samples of past works which I gladly shared with her, and that was it. She was impressed with my samples and offered to pay me $70 for a 500 word article.

Soon enough, she contacted me for another project. The new project required me to create ten 500 word articles for her and she paid me a total $700 for it. How excited I was! I got the job done in a few days.

Ever since I discovered the fact I could harness social media to get clients for my freelance business, I never relented in my effort to use this 21st-century medium to generate leads everyday. And so far, I’ve been able to make meaningful connections and acquire new businesses.

Bottom line of it all is, if you have a business, it is imperative that you leverage on social media to convert those on your preferred social network to high paying customers.

The social media space is a place where potential clients for your business can be found. So don’t just be on social media to get entertained. Discover foreign and local prospects for your business and connect with them today.

Source:
https://markandwrite.com/2019/02/22/harnessing-the-power-of-social-media-to-get-clients-for-your-business/

1 Like

Re: Harnessing The Power Of Social Media To Get Clients For Your Business by web241(m): 5:19am On Feb 24, 2019
okay

(1) (Reply)

Naija Adsense And Its Website For Sale(SOLD) / Fb Group With 34k Members At Cheapest Price For Sale / What Is Your Experience Hiring/working With Nigerian Developers ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.