Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? (1160 Views)

Do You Think The Infinix Hot 8 Is A Worthy Upgrade? / Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10e And Galaxy Fold Launch - Livestream!!! / Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 X 5g Specifications, Features, Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Telvin7(m): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2019
When the Samsung Galaxy s10 came out , I was so excited that I had to check for the video on YouTube but my mood changed coz what I saw I have seen it B4...... .
The Samsung Galaxy s10 ,s10+ is a beast but it's body is like a brick.......it no more has that sexy look like the s8+.........that rounded corners.........it's now like the note 8......
Secondly, the cutout on the screen is big but it still got that bezel....... The honor v20 actually looks better . ....

Thirdly, it got a big 4100 mAh ba3 ....kudos to Samsung but with a 15w charger.....and pray it's not going to blow like the note 7 ........

The wireless charging though is great but it's like dey copied from Huawei.........and the gradient colour finish.....but they can copy each other ....no probs

Furthermore, the Galaxy s10+ doesn't look that attractive .....the phone looks big and the camera at the back got that bump...........

Talking about the cameras, a triple camera set up I s first for the Samsung flagship but it's only comparable to the Huawei p20 pro or less.............

The only thing that looks good about the phone is the one UI but the icons looks big and cartoonish but the one hand implementation is great.. .. .......

The s10,s10+ is a great phone with HDR 10 QHD+ AMOLED screen but the Huawei mate 20 pro looks better and feels better .....only downside.....is the GPU.....
BUT LEMME ASK A QUESTION, WHAT IF IPHONE LAUNCH A PHONE WITH A CURVE 19.9 ASPECT RATIO , PUNCH HOLE SCREEN, 4000 MAH BA3, REVERSE WIRELESS CHARGING??
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Blastedholligan: 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2019
I believe it is a very good upgrade but why is it that Samsung battery life is usually small compared to TECNO devices that has like 5000MAH battery? Why?
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Telvin7(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2019
Blastedholligan:
I believe it is a very good upgrade but why is it that Samsung battery life is usually small compared to TECNO devices that has like 5000MAH battery? Why?
lolzzzzz......coz of the display.......the screen uses QHD+ resolution which drains part of the ba3.......
But the S10+ is 4100 mAh.....and it's going to be better than last year .........

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Telvin7(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2019
Telvin7:
lolzzzzz......coz of the display.......the screen uses QHD+ resolution which drains part of the ba3.......
But the S10+ is 4100 mAh.....and it's going to be better than last year .........

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Blastedholligan: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2019
Telvin7:
okay o, I hope so.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Patrick33(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2019
bro the s10 is an absolute beauty...the only fault i find with the phone is the charging speed...still the same as the s7edge..i think thats 15W or 20W..its slow compared to other flagships out there...that being said the camera is on par with the huawei p20..i think futher tests could see it surpassing the huawei..screen is amazing..but yea dont like the new icons..samsung didn't go with the stupid notch most phones have now..love the camera placements..apple have a long way to catch up on Samsung,Xiaomi and huawei it seems...its a huge yes on upgrade..hopefully ill get it soon enough.

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by calddon(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2019
I believe Samsung S10 is a worthy upgrade. S8 and S9 are just identical devices to me.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by kingharzy: 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2019
undecided
The s10 is worth every dime. Where am i rushing to with the charge? ?
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 24, 2019
Oya na tecno abi na infinix make una copy the ultrasonic fingerprint scanner and the punch hole camera na...Lol
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Telvin7(m): 9:37am On Feb 24, 2019
Patrick33:
bro the s10 is an absolute beauty...the only fault i find with the phone is the charging speed...still the same as the s7edge..i think thats 15W or 20W..its slow compared to other flagships out there...that being said the camera is on par with the huawei p20..i think futher tests could see it surpassing the huawei..screen is amazing..but yea dont like the new icons..samsung didn't go with the stupid notch most phones have now..love the camera placements..apple have a long way to catch up on Samsung,Xiaomi and huawei it seems...its a huge yes on upgrade..hopefully ill get it soon enough.
guy look at this

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by kingpheenix(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2019
Please and please tecno and infinix marketers should not come and talk this phone down na wetin go make make me vex this morning, see a company bringing innovations like the hole in screen and the under screen finger print sensor and you are saying it's not worth the hype??
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Patrick33(m): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2019
Telvin7:
guy look at this
nice
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Telvin7(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2019
kingpheenix:
Please and please tecno and infinix marketers should not come and talk this phone down na wetin go make make me vex this morning, see a company bringing innovations like the hole in screen and the under screen finger print sensor and you are saying it's not worth the hype??
Bobo .....the Samsung S10+ is a beast but we've seen this in Huawei mate 20 pro and honor v20.........

The S10+ is not as sleek as the mate 20 pro...........

I love the sammy s10e....that the best there .....

And buy the way

Am not a marketer of those crap you mentioned above......
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by kvngjesse(m): 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2019
[quote author=Telvin7 post=76038015][/quote]
So this doesn't look attractive
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Telvin7(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2019
kvngjesse:

So this doesn't look attractive
which thing
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by TruthMustBeTold: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
Telvin7:
Bobo .....the Samsung S10+ is a beast but we've seen this in Huawei mate 20 pro and honor v20.........

The S10+ is not as sleek as the mate 20 pro...........

I love the sammy s10e....that the best there .....

And buy the way

Am not a marketer of those crap you mentioned above......
Some features are actually more refined and fine tuned for better performance on the S10 than the Mate 20 Pro. The ultra-sonic in-display fingerprint scanner on the s10 has been proven to be more effective and efficient than the optical in-display fingerprint scanner on the Mate 20 Pro. The SD 855 processor is also slightly better than the Kirin 980 on the Mate 20.

Even though DXO gave both the S10 and the Huawei flagships the same mark with the rear facing camera (with the s10 having a higher mark when it comes to Selfie camera), i still think no phone has been able to match iPhone's camera till date(not even the Pixel 3L), how Apple goes about balancing their HDR and colours on the iPhone cameras seem to be something that the other brand haven't figured out yet. I checked some camera comparisons on YouTube already and I still prefer the iPhone's camera, tbh.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Amyleah: 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2019
There is no doubt about that Samsung Galaxy s10 is a worthy update because it is the futuristic phone. But at the same time it is an expensive phone, so one of the ways to get hands on this luxury phone is that sell your old phone (https://www.sellthemobile.com/sell-my-mobile) to make some extra to buy this expensive phone.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Telvin7(m): 11:52pm On Feb 27, 2019
TruthMustBeTold:
Some features are actually more refined and fine tuned for better performance on the S10 than the Mate 20 Pro. The ultra-sonic in-display fingerprint scanner on the s10 has been proven to be more effective and efficient than the optical in-display fingerprint scanner on the Mate 20 Pro. The SD 855 processor is also slightly better than the Kirin 980 on the Mate 20.

Even though DXO gave both the S10 and the Huawei flagships the same mark with the rear facing camera (with the s10 having a higher mark when it comes to Selfie camera), i still think no phone has been able to match iPhone's camera till date(not even the Pixel 3L), how Apple goes about balancing their HDR and colours on the iPhone cameras seem to be something that the other brand haven't figured out yet. I checked some camera comparisons on YouTube already and I still prefer the iPhone's camera, tbh.
WTF iPhone ?? .....so u are better than dxo marks.......pixel 3 xl beats iPhone xs Max hands down......
Even the cheap xiaomi mi 9 outperformed the iPhone on dxo marks Sha.....dunno about real life .but the pixel 3xl is bae cheesy
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Amyleah: 10:52am On Feb 28, 2019
Yes definitely, s10 and s10 plus are worth to upgrade. Infact I ordered s10 for myself. I had iphone x that i sold at https://www.sellthemobile.com/sell-my-iphone and get a handsome amount of money to order s10.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Overlord999(m): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2019
Lmao this is the most stupid post I've seen in a while.. "Huawei mate 20 pro looks and feels better" lol how do you know that, have you held s10 in your hands. Everything you wrote is pure bs. Only someone who doesn't appreciate technology will deny that s10 is currently the best phone atm. I love it when someone hates on a phone he cannot afford lmao
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S10 ,s10+ A Worthy Upgrade????? by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 01, 2019
Problem is affordability grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Borrow Airtime On Airtel For Free Without Paying Back / US Used 128gb Iphone 7 Plus / Unlock Your Iphone And Samsung Via Imei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.