Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,289 members, 7,860,684 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:18 PM

Peter Vows To Catch Klitschko In Tight Corner - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Vows To Catch Klitschko In Tight Corner (532 Views)

Tyson Fury Dominates Wladimir Klitschko In World Heavyweight Title Fight / Tyson Fury Defeats Wladimir Klitschko / Samuel Peters Vs Vitali Klitschko: X-ray Of The Bout Dubbed "Peter's Nitemare" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Vows To Catch Klitschko In Tight Corner by oladayo042: 9:45am On Aug 27, 2010
FORMER heavyweight champion, Samuel Peter, has continued to hit the pads hard with trainer Abel Sanchez at The Summitt Training Center in Big Bear Lake, California, as he prepares for the title shot.

Peter (34-3,27 KOs) would once again challenge the IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight champion, Wladimir Klitschko (54-3, 48 KOs) in a highly anticipated rematch on September 11 at the Commerzbank Arena in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.

In their first fight, Peter knocked down Klitschko three times, but lost a unanimous decision.
"This time when I catch him, he's going to stay on the deck!" promised Peter.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66476:peter-vows-to-catch-klitschko-in-tight-corner&catid=133:other-sports&Itemid=672

Re: Peter Vows To Catch Klitschko In Tight Corner by Fogman(m): 10:53am On Aug 27, 2010
Show him, why u are called the nightmare
Re: Peter Vows To Catch Klitschko In Tight Corner by oladayo042: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2010
Samuel Peter is confident of scoring a knockout victory over reigning IBF and WBO heavyweight champion, Wladimir Klitschko, when both get to slug it out on September 11 in Frankfurt, Germany.

Five years ago, Peter had Klitschko in big trouble, having knocked him down three times, including twice in the fifth round, during their heavyweight fight in Atlantic City, United States. But in the end, Klitschko rallied to win the bout, with winning scores of 114-111 on all three judges’ cards. It has been a long wait for the Nigerian, but he now has a chance to redeem himself and become a world champion when he takes on the big Ukrainian five days after his 30th birthday.

Proving a point

“I have a lot to prove. I have a chance to redeem myself from the 2005 fight. It is going to be a great fight. I am getting another chance to prove that I am the best heavyweight champion in all,” said Peter, who will turn 30 on September 6. “The loss was a bad mistake. This time I am going to prove that I can become a champion again,” said Peter. “For sure, on September 11 in Germany it is going to be a great fight. I don’t have much to say because I know that my gloves will speak for me in the ring.”

With a record of 34-3 that includes 27 knockouts, the Nigerian Nightmare’s resume includes victories by split decision and unanimous decision over former world titlist, James Toney, as well as a March 2008 sixth-round knockout of Russian Oleg Maskaev that earned him the WBC belt. In his next bout after beating Maskaev, Peter was dethroned as WBC champion via a knockout loss to Wladimir’s brother, Vitali Klitschko, in October 2008. That bout saw Peter churning out a lacklustre display against the older of the Klitschko brothers which he followed up with yet another uninspiring performance in March 2009 against Eddie Chambers, which the Nigerian Nightmare described as the low point of his career.

Thinking ahead

“I will be looking for that boy again after this fight,” said Peter. “I don’t know how that boy did what he did but after this fight I will take care of him. Everything was frustrating at that time. I had lost the championship, and the promotion was so bad. But I am okay now, and everything is straight up. I have the best promoter in the world, and the best coach in the world. I have the best manager in the world, and I am going to be the best.” Peter, who has been training with his trainer Abel Sanchez in Big Bear, California, said he is enjoying his training. “Everything in Big Bear is great,” he said. “It is a great place to train. It is very peaceful. I didn’t know about Big Bear for all these years, but it is a great place to train. Abel brought me up here, and he doesn’t take my nonsense. He doesn’t take ‘No’ for an answer. He wants to see working. I am happy about being here.”

German factor

Klitschko has never lost a fight in his adopted nation, Germany. It was also in the European nation that Peter lost by TKO to Wladimir, but he is confident the upcoming title fight will not last the distance thanks to his punching power. “The victory and my judges I have in my right hand and the judge is my left hook,” he declared.

“There will not be a decision this time around. This time he will not get up from my left hook. I am ready and I am prepared and I will not need a referee or a judge. This time around anyone I touch will not be standing up. I don’t think Wladimir will be able to stand me after four rounds.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5612741-146/klitschko_wont_last_the_distance_says.csp
Re: Peter Vows To Catch Klitschko In Tight Corner by yousouph(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2010
Leave patriotism aside, its highly unlikely for him to win Klitschko but possible

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Free-kick Of All Time / Caf Disowns African Player Of The Year Award Nominees / Who Is Your Nigerian Player Of The Year 2010?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.