Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion (1824 Views)

China Unveils Nuclear Battery With 50years Lifespan, No Charging Required / Say Hello To The First Person To Use 12GB Ram Phone In Nigeria / I'm The First Person To Use Infinix S5pro In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by dynamiteclassic(m): 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2019
Our Future Tony Stark

We might have a new contender for the youngest person to ever achieve nuclear fusion.

Tennessee teenager Jackson Oswalt is not your average 14-year-old. While other kids are playing video games or watching TV, he's been busy putting together a nuclear laboratory in an old playroom in his house.

The budding nuclear engineer has been working on this project since he was 12, and on 19 January 2018, just hours before his 13th birthday, he reportedly achieved his mission.

Using 50,000 volts of electricity, Oswalt was reportedly able to combine two atoms of deuterium gas, successfully fusing the nuclei in his reactor's plasma core.

Read more below

https://bamidale..com/2019/02/14-year-old-became-youngest-person-to.html

Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2019
village people no go allow our own kids advance. my president should use his second tenure to address our shambolic educational system.
Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by OneCorner: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2019
Utthaan4:
village people no go allow our own kids advance. my president should use his second tenure to address our shambolic educational system.
Sharaaap.
Black man always finding something to blame his misfortune on

8 Likes

Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by Blastedholligan: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2019
dynamiteclassic:
Our Future Tony Stark

We might have a new contender for the youngest person to ever achieve nuclear fusion.

Tennessee teenager Jackson Oswalt is not your average 14-year-old. While other kids are playing video games or watching TV, he's been busy putting together a nuclear laboratory in an old playroom in his house.

The budding nuclear engineer has been working on this project since he was 12, and on 19 January 2018, just hours before his 13th birthday, he reportedly achieved his mission.

Using 50,000 volts of electricity, Oswalt was reportedly able to combine two atoms of deuterium gas, successfully fusing the nuclei in his reactor's plasma core.

Read more below

https://bamidale..com/2019/02/14-year-old-became-youngest-person-to.html
very impressive.
Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by Richdad50(m): 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2019
Wow! Genius Kid. Alot of Nairalanders cannot attain common sense fusion.

#Richdad

4 Likes

Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2019
If only Nigeria was an advanced nation, we would achieve more. I found out that most of us involved in science in advanced nations are leading. #FACT

People like Sowore or Hashim could take us there but not now.
Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by kingharzy: 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2019
undecided

50,000 volts. . .
Quote me as a Nigerian parent who pays exhorbitant electricity rates for darkness. . .

4 Likes

Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by Harry00(m): 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2019
grin Blah, Blah, Blah
Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by IjebuWarrior: 8:00am On Feb 24, 2019
Richdad50:
Wow! Genius Kid. Alot of Nairalanders cannot attain common sense fusion.

#Richdad

Like you... angry
Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by IjebuWarrior: 8:02am On Feb 24, 2019
Lamb101:
If only Nigeria was an advanced nation, we would achieve more. I found out that most of us involved in science in advanced nations are leading. #FACT

"If"... angry Keep dreaming... you're in a developed nation yet, you dey complain. Typical mediocre Nigerian.
Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 24, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

"If"... angry Keep dreaming... you're in a developed nation yet, you dey complain. Typical mediocre Nigerian.
You want me to give you the kind of reply you gave me so we can start arguing and abusing. Unfortunately Mr Warrior I'm not a mediocre, neither am I ego centric but my advice for you is to prove people wrong by not being a troublesome Yoruba man. I have met a lot of you guys. Sometimes if you have nothing to say, just dont say any other thing. Happy Sunday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by kumulus(m): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2019
Lamb101:

How long will people keep living this illusion of the past and future....the only time is Now!
Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 24, 2019
kumulus:

How long will people keep living this illusion of the past and future....the only time is Now!
How do we convince our brothers to vote for these new candidates who are capable of making our dreams a reality ?
Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by blingxx(m): 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2019
Utthaan4:

Mumu undecided.. With what given resources , with what proper education? ,black man mentality

1 Like

Re: 14 Year Old Became The Youngest Person To Acheive Nuclear Fusion by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
Can someone explain what did this boy achieved..

All this fusion and others...we no understand jare

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Pay For My Apple Music Subscription? / You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 / TECNO Pop 4 Pro Vs Samsung Galaxy A3 Core; Who's The Real Budget Beast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.