Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 (1824 Views)

Get Up To 50% Discounts On Infinix Black Friday / VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone / New Google Datally App Help You Save Data, Track Wifi And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by Sulaicsafas: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2020
Happy monday my people , who else doesnt like the discomfort of turn off wifi to use hotspot vice-versa on other smartphones.

But on INFINIX NOTE 7, You can use your phone's wifi connection to connect another phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot.

Important: Some mobile carriers limit or charge extra for tethering. We recommend checking with your carrier.

-Turn on your hotspot

-Swipe down from the top of the screen.

-Tap Hotspot.

If you don’t find Hotspot, at the bottom left, tap Edit and drag Hotspot into your Quick Settings.

Connect another device to your phone's hotspot

On the other device, open that device's list of Wi-Fi options.

-Pick your phone's hotspot name.

-Enter your phone's hotspot password.

-Click Connect.

If you don't want your hotspot to require a password:

-Swipe down from the top of the screen.

-Touch and hold Hotspot.

-Under "Security," tap None.

Tip: You can share your phone's Wi-Fi connection/mobile data with up to 10 other devices via a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by sunshineV(f): 11:21am On Jul 13, 2020
grin

9 Likes

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by Zimri(m): 11:25am On Jul 13, 2020
cheesy cheesy

See mumu post.

Well-done op

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by iTroll: 11:26am On Jul 13, 2020
so how is this news?

is infinix the first company to do this?
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by bignwa(m): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2020
grin grin grin grin transsion marketers una don start
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by KrazyDave16(m): 11:40am On Jul 13, 2020
OP is confused.

Explanation is same as connecting WiFi to a hotspot or MiFi but title says you can use both at the same time (which isn't possible yet).

Yet someone who called me a bad teacher will congratulate OP for this nonsense... It's well.

4 Likes

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
KrazyDave16:
OP is confused.

Explanation is same as connecting WiFi to a hotspot or MiFi but title says you can use both at the same time (which isn't possible yet).

Yet someone who called me a bad teacher will congratulate OP for this nonsense... It's well.
I thought I was the one that was not reading it properly.
But I will read it again to be sure.

3 Likes

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by DONFRANSKID(m): 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mumu full hear I swear it's only transsion fans that create the most useless topic
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by KrazyDave16(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

I thought I was the one that was not reading it properly.
But I will read it again to be sure.
No need to, you're 100% sure of what you read.
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by Fatbabyfart(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

please someone should throw more light on this.

Is he trying to say that if I buy note7
I can ON my Hotspot and WiFi at the same time.
Like I can use the note7 to connect a WiFi at the same time connect another device to my phone to use my hotspot
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by KrazyDave16(m): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
Fatbabyfart:
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

Like I can use the note7 to connect a WiFi at the same time connect another device to my phone to use my hotspot

I believe the term is WiFi sharing, though OP didn't explain well enough. Long story short, it allows you to use your device as a repeater.

Remembered this option on my previous redmi note 7 and saw it while messing around with a MiFi on my LG G8 (current device).

Here's SS of it in action with a better explanation than OP own.

*A repeater is a device used to boost or strengthen wireless connection, especially in crowded places where the radio waves weaken after passing through walls, dunno if it's the 2.4GHz or 5GHz waves.

Edit - don't know if IN 7 supports it natively.

Modified - added current device

4 Likes

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by XOTHEHOST(m): 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
So this is the selling point of a flagship phone
Phone of 30 dey do the work of your flagship without bragging

1 Like

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
KrazyDave16:

I believe the term is WiFi sharing, though OP didn't explain well enough. Long story short, it allows you to use your device as a repeater.

Remembered this option on my previous redmi note 7 and saw it while messing around with a MiFi.

*A repeater is a device used to boost or strengthen wireless connection, especially in crowded places where the radio waves weaken after passing through walls, dunno if it's the 2.4GHz or 5GHz waves.

This screen shot is from your redmi note 7?
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by KrazyDave16(m): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

This screen shot is from your redmi note 7?
Previous.
Current device is LG G8, forgot to mention that.
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by Kalapizim(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2020
Fatbabyfart:
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

yes! and you only need to scan with a bar code for easy access.
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by Kalapizim(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Remembered this option on my previous redmi note 7 and saw it while messing around with a MiFi on my LG G8 (current device).

Modified - added current device
It's wifi share bro
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Previous.
Current device is LG G8, forgot to mention that.
But your redmi note 7 has that feature?
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by ddjay: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
So this is the first achievement by transsion, and they have not achieved anything before grin grin
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by skywalker240(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Each day of a transsion marketer, is A day with increase of stupididity.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by KrazyDave16(m): 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

But your redmi note 7 has that feature?
Yeah the feature was there before I sold it. Thought it was an MIUI 11 thing since it got some Android 10 features. You can ask other RN 7 users here.

1 Like

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by dustmalik: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
Qualcomm processors have supported WiFi repeater feature for a couple of years now. My RN5 has had this since I acquired it.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by ElMajestique: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Yeah the feature was there before I sold it. Thought it was an MIUI 11 thing since it got some Android 10 features. You can ask other RN 7 users here.

There's wifi sharing on Redmi note 7, but the other phone has to be able to scan and process QR codes for wireless connection.
Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by KrazyDave16(m): 10:02am On Oct 31, 2020
ElMajestique:

There's wifi sharing on Redmi note 7, but the other phone has to be able to scan and process QR codes for wireless connection.
I think it's an Android 10 feature as my device on A9 can't do the QR scan.

1 Like

Re: You Can Use Wifi And Hotspot Together On Infinix Note 7 by ElMajestique: 3:52am On Nov 08, 2020
KrazyDave16:

I think it's an Android 10 feature as my device on A9 can't do the QR scan.

Sorry, late response. It may be more than an Android version thingy. My Samsung J6+ got the Android 10 update, it still doesn't have any feature to read a QR code for WiFi sharing and that's the only way my Redmi Note 7 will share! I resorted to Bluetooth tethering eventuarry!!!

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Pop 4 Pro Vs Samsung Galaxy A3 Core; Who's The Real Budget Beast? / Which Xiaomi Or Gionee Phone Can I Buy Below 40k / The Tecno Spark 9 Pro Is Better Than The Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.