Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Does God Change A Person? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Change A Person? (1598 Views)

Can God Change? / Does God Change? Check Out This Story! / Can Man Make God 'change His Mind'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Change A Person? by friendehis(m): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2010
if you are reading this, then i think you should speak your mind. Ok! i hear people pray for God to change a person from Bad to Good. Well i doubt if there is any of such idea of God changing somebody

Do u think so too?
Re: Does God Change A Person? by philip0906(m): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2010
when we say change 4rm bad 2 good,it is only "repentance" 4rm sin dat can bring real change in d life of a person.Man was born with d innate nature of sin i.e doing bad. . .dats y Paul said in Romans3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of d Glory of God",but it does not end there.It goes further 2 say in verse 24,"Being justified freely by his grace thru d redemption that is in Christ Jesus". . .So Salvation is d only thing dat can make anyone change 4rm "Bad 2 Good" and that is by grace according 2 ephesians2:8. . .Our morality and self righteousness does not equate 2 salvation.Ur giving alms,paying tithe,obeying d commandments, does not mean u r saved.U have 2 accept his redemptive(Christ) work 4 u on d cross of calvary by being "Born again" b4 u can be saved
Today is d day of salvation. . .do not linger,ur evil ways will be 4gotten and u'll become a new creature 2cor5:17. . .wish u d best wink
Re: Does God Change A Person? by MissyB1(m): 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2010
It's not the job of another person to ask God to CHANGE me.

I must first recognize that -
1. I'm bad
2. There's need to be good
before change can set in.
It's however okay for You to Pray that God helps me achieve these 2 objectives.
Just when that is done, I can now make a decision to either remain bad or seek to become good.
In summary, Change cannot be imposed on me, it comes from within.
I must first want to change before I can change.
Re: Does God Change A Person? by friendehis(m): 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2010
@philip0906
You are talking about salvation which is a nice one. But i am not talking about grace or salvation. I mean a state in which one is in its pure and spiritual state not because of grace or salvation but because he/she is JUST G O O D , let say pure for the sake of purity NOTHING else

I hope u understand

@Missy B
I TOTALLY and Utterly agree with you. Which mean you will agree with me if i say God does not change a person but only minister through HIS spirit and forces. But in the long run the see of LIGHT (Good) and the seed of DARKNESS (Evil) lies POTENTIALLY in every soul, which one will grows solely depends on one you give attention to.

FREE WILL in every being and GOD Himself does not infringe.

BLESS BE!
Re: Does God Change A Person? by philip0906(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2010
If u r talking of good works?ofcourse u can be good if u decide 2 without even involving God in it. its just a matter of change.But purity?nope. . .u can't be pure without being born again,we all have d nature of sin in us. . .
Re: Does God Change A Person? by Tonyet1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2010
@ Poster,

First of all what do you stand for?. . .your response will reveal what you define as change.!

MissyB . . .me dont think you really understand how things are run here. . .else you wont be giving those sweet counsel too soon. . .you never can tell it might just be like pouring water on a dogs back.  wink 
Re: Does God Change A Person? by friendehis(m): 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2010
@Tonye-t

what in actuality are u talking about?
Re: Does God Change A Person? by DGIPLUS(m): 1:28pm On Aug 27, 2010
@Poster, God can change a person if it's His Will to do so, there were times in The Bible when He hadden the heart of people, there were times when He made some to find favour in the sight of others.

@Missy B, (Comment on your signature), The Scripture advised that you get high on The Holy Spirit, 'not on yourself' - Epesians 5:18 (I'm not insinuating that you drink) .Humble yourself - 1Pet.5:6 (no offence intended).

Cheers All!
Re: Does God Change A Person? by MissyB1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2010
Tonye-t:

@ Poster,
MissyB . . .me dont think you really understand how things are run here. . .else you wont be giving those sweet counsel too soon. . .you never can tell it might just be like pouring water on a dogs back. wink

Actually, to an extent, I do. wink
I'm a fan of this section. I just read more and post less, for several reasons.

DGI-PLUS:

@Missy B, (Comment on your signature), The Scripture advised that you get high on The Holy Spirit, 'not on yourself' - Epesians 5:18 (I'm not insinuating that you drink) .Humble yourself - 1Pet.5:6 (no offence intended).

Cheers All!
No offense taken [yet] grin and Yez, I coincide the Bible admonishes us to be humble.
What part of ma signature depicts pride? What do you think ma signature means?
Re: Does God Change A Person? by Tonyet1(m): 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2010
friendehis:

@Tonye-t

what in actuality are u talking about?

In supposition i mean WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY CHANGE so we know what you stand for. Is this too hard to answer? undecided undecided
Re: Does God Change A Person? by DGIPLUS(m): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2010
No offense taken [yet] and Yez, I coincide the Bible admonishes us to be humble.
What part of ma signature depicts pride? What do you think ma signature means?

@Missy B, thanks for not taking offence 'yet'. If not pride, maybe we should think of 'Self-Centeredness' - AM ALWAYS HIGH ON ME! (No offence intended still).

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Did Evangelist T.b Joshua Predict London Riots? You Decide / Atheism Is Another Religion / Measles Outbreak At Kenneth Copeland Megachurch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.