Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (596744 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 11:34am On Feb 27, 2019
@ chriswazo, I deh feel you bro. That matter na God hand we leave am for now. It's well.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adeniyii2017: 11:46am On Feb 27, 2019
dolpaz:

Hi bro,

Pregnancy is a blessing from God. so first, accept my heartfelt congratulations. now to the real challenge. If I may get you right, both you and your wife studied the same course and would like to proceed to Germany to study together and start a new life. well, Its a good choice if you ask me but the financial implication would likely cut off your pocket when you finally find yourself here. I don´t know your age but obviously, your wife and new born baby will be on a Gesetzliche Familien krankenversicherung (Public Family Insurance). A single guy/girl below 30 years old pays an average of 90€ monthly (over 38k Naira) and this COMPULSORY in Germany. This mean as a family, you guys would likely be placed on the Public family health insurance which could cost as much as 300€ (over 120k naira) every month. So, lets assume you´re over 30, you could still get insured on Private health insurance which is very cheap Around 30€ (12k monthly) but your kid and wife would be on a public insurance. The difference between Private and Public is the fact that If you attend any clinic or hospital for treatment, you pay direct cash and the Private Insurance pays you back after submission of treatment and payment receipt, but for Public Insurance, you don´t pay any dime. Just submit your card and the rest will be sorted between the hospital.
Wishing everyone success in their Pursuit.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bawz007: 11:56am On Feb 27, 2019
Yeah they do, they accept letters from your school
MarkGud:
Dear All,

Who knows if TU Bergakademie Freiberg accepts letter of English Language Proficiency.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chizzy4God: 11:58am On Feb 27, 2019
Thanks so much bros.

Please I want to confirm something from you. I heard student that are coming for language course, that they will not be granted work permit.

Please is this true.

dolpaz:

Hi bro,

Pregnancy is a blessing from God. so first, accept my heartfelt congratulations. now to the real challenge. If I may get you right, both you and your wife studied the same course and would like to proceed to Germany to study together and start a new life. well, Its a good choice if you ask me but the financial implication would likely cut off your pocket when you finally find yourself here. I don´t know your age but obviously, your wife and new born baby will be on a Gesetzliche Familien krankenversicherung (Public Family Insurance). A single guy/girl below 30 years old pays an average of 90€ monthly (over 38k Naira) and this COMPULSORY in Germany. This mean as a family, you guys would likely be placed on the Public family health insurance which could cost as much as 300€ (over 120k naira) every month. So, lets assume you´re over 30, you could still get insured on Private health insurance which is very cheap Around 30€ (12k monthly) but your kid and wife would be on a public insurance. The difference between Private and Public is the fact that If you attend any clinic or hospital for treatment, you pay direct cash and the Private Insurance pays you back after submission of treatment and payment receipt, but for Public Insurance, you don´t pay any dime. Just submit your card and the rest will be sorted between the hospital and the Insurance coy.

Secondly, Its risky coming with SL. reason is because you ain´t gonna start wokring Imediately you get to Germany. So, the moment anyone offers to sponsor you, then he´s saddled with every financial responsibilty accrued to you. So if your wife comes and deliver a baby, mehn, that Guy/lady don enter one chance. He/she has to take care of the family because he has signed a Letter of Declaration of support. and If he erred, his permanent residency could be revoked. Also, as a married man, I wouldn´t advice you to use SL. Since you´ll be enjoying full benefits of the insurance and other stuffs, I´d advice you and your wife to fund with blocked account so you can settle well into the system. I know it´s not easy but trust me, you´ll understand the importance of this when your finally arrive here.

Also, If you decide to use SL alone, You´ll still have to come to DE with at least 3k. The first couple of months, You´ll pay Semester fees, House rent, Kaution, Insurance, Feeding and other valaubles. The three most important payment monthly in Germany is House rent, Insurance and Feeding. So imagine spending at least 400-450 monthly for 3 months prior to getting a job.

Secondly, Your wife can go for her interview In as much the Pregnancy is not visible. With my calculation, You´re going for winter and not summer. This mean your wife will be heavily pregnant hence, it´ll limit her chances of coming for studies cos she´ll be in her Tri-Semester and this means less/reduced stress for her usw.

So much to explain but here´s my opinion and advice.

Channel all your energy to come here first (If your body fit hold am smiley ). By next year, your wedding will be 2 years according to you. Submit your wedding certificate with your child birth certificate during your interview. When you get to DE, work and study and ensure to make a certain threshold. Apply for family reunion and your wife will join you with your baby. If the family reunion visa is granted, your wife would be able to work 24/7 because her visa is a Family reunion visa (§ 29 AufenthG Familiennachzug) while yours is different because you´re on student residency permit (aufenthaltsgenehmigung § 16) with 120 full days or 240 Half days to work. Remember when your family is here, You´ll need a 3 bedroom flat for yourself.. A room must be set aside for each child except they are of the same sex.. You´ll have to feed them, clothes them, and do some shopping.. Bro, you´ll be spending close to 1200€ monthly. and this is an outrageous amount for a student here in DE.

I hope I´ve been able to pass some message across and you can understand me better.

Phew, I have typed so much. This post will go a long way to guide anyone who plans to come with family/pregnancy.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Freeman59: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
Guys please I'd like to start preparing my docs. Should I apply for a student visa and scan and send it to uniassist or should the transcript be sent directly to uniassist or to each school I'm applying to?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
Get your transcript from your school(would advise you get the official one)
Make photocopies of the transcript and certify the photocopies( the certification can be done at the high court, notary public or the German embassy)
N/b- the amount of schools you are applying to will determine the amount of copies you are to certify but if all your schools are thru uniassist then u need send only one certified copy.

Freeman59:
Guys please I'd like to start preparing my docs. Should I apply for a student visa and scan and send it to uniassist or should the transcript be sent directly to uniassist or to each school I'm applying to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by pompido: 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
Chizzy4God:
Thanks so much bros.

Please I want to confirm something from you. I heard student that are coming for language course, that they will not be granted work permit.

Please is this true.

Yes, language school students are not allowed to work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by pompido: 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2019
dolpaz:

Hi bro,

Pregnancy is a blessing from God. so first, accept my heartfelt congratulations. now to the real challenge.

You finish work. I like that you gave the high benchmarks so getting certain things lower will feel like a real bargain.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dolpaz: 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
justt:

@dolpaz, is this €1200 for accommodation only or the estimated living expenses (accommodation, feeding, transportation medical expenses ...) for th three of them (husband, wife and the child)?

This is an estimate of what he´ll spend on his family.. (Assuming Father, Mother and Child)

The striked part should be insurance...!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dolpaz: 1:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
Chizzy4God:
Thanks so much bros.

Please is this true.

In many cases, Students coming for Language visa are only allowed to work DURING holidays and this is stated on their Resident permit. So after getting a job and you´re asked to submit your Erlaubnis (Resident permit) when they see the clause on your permit, they´ll ask you to bring your official school calendar which clearly indicates your school resumption and holiday period.

But the decision to grant a working permit solely depends on the officer in charge. some of these guys get skoin skoin for head.. In my earlier post, I said what works for you in city A may hunt you completely down in city B. Some officers may decide not to give you work permit, some may give you work permit with conditions, some just don´t care.

Since most of the holiday are very limited, you wont have the flexibility to work that much... Maybe 3-4 months max in a calendar year.

All the best !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Champion100(f): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
obibanks:
Goodmorning house. Anybody here who attended Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU)? Please, how did you go about accessing your transcripts?

I did. I got mine from my department and I went to High Court of Justice and certified it.

NB: I got just my 100L transcripts because I am going for BSc.

You can still pm bro. Stay blessed!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Lburna: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2019
Congrats bro.
I go DM you my contact. Let's keep in touch.
What are you going to study?

Dutchkid:
To Baba God be all the glory my AM just dropped oooooo
Admission 18th December 2018
Interview 28th january 2019
Angel Merkel (AM) 25th February 2019
Visum soon
School: TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Saxony
Thanks to this forum. You all were and are still a blessing to me. To the elders who keep putting young ones through i say may you pot never run dry... Amen
Eldee
Justwise
Heybaby
Socute
Honorableseyi
dailydolar
Fabcol
.......................................... Names still plenty
E.t.c All of una thanks for the selfless sacrifices. Please I need help with accommodation in Freiberg. Any form of help temporal or permanent will be appreciated..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Lburna: 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2019
All 28th January people dropping some good news. Welcome to the club. Congratulations.

Which city are you heading to?

Timmyone:
Glory to God.
AM just dropped.
Admission: ,07/01/2019
Interview: 28/01/2019
AM: 25/01/2019

Thanks to @dutchkid who advised I joined NL, even after my interview.
The mail just commot migraine wey dey worry me since morning.
Waoh.
Everyone here has been of tremendous help. I appreciate you all.��
More testimonies are dropping by God's grace.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
Ndkings1:
To those of us that applied to Bremen
For MSc biochemistry and molecular biology, I contacted about application status, they said decisions have been made since last week and letters have been issued out..... But I am yet get any mail.
Who got the message
winter or summer
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 2:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
sleekybabee1:
Hello house,

Please, I would like to know if there is any such thing as transcript or score break down for WAEC, for those applying for Bsc.

Thank you.
No there's no "special" transcript for Waec . Just scan and upload the front and back page of the waec Certificate. All necessary explanations are on it.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
Freeman59:
First thing is to know whether your school is using Uni-assist or not. Then, you can obtain your transcript from your department/school. Make photocopies according to the number of schools you're applying to. Take these copies to court for certification (this depends on the school).
As regarding Uni-assist, you can scan and upload original copies of your documents on their site. After which you have to send the certified copies via courier to them.

If your school is not using Uni-assist, then they'll either use online or offline or combination of both for application.
If it's online only, there's no need to certify. Just scan and upload your documents to their site.
If it's offline only, you only need to send your documents to them via courier (some can ask for ordinary photocopies, some ask for certified copies)
If it's combination, you'll upload online, and then send to them via courier.

To the best of my knowledge, These are the various modes of applications I've seen so far.

Hope you're clear? If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MarkGud(m): 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
Benifbond:

Yeah they do accept

Thanks alot.

Thanks alot, do you also know the certification of documents type TU Bergakademie Freiberg accept? @ Germany Embassy or High Court.

I intend applying for Adanced Materials Analysis (MSc), winter semester; cgpa is abv 3.0/5.0. Any advice for Me? I would appreciate some.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MarkGud(m): 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2019
Bawz007:
Yeah they do, they accept letters from your school

Thanks alot, do you also know the certification of documents type TU Bergakademie Freiberg accept? @ Germany Embassy or High Court.

I intend applying for Adanced Materials Analysis (MSc), cgpa is abv 3.0/5.0. Any advice for Me? I would appreciate some.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by trexxbanks(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
Raheembisi:
Hi guys, I'm very new here and I have some questions and would really appreciate the guidance.
1. I'm planning on applying to Friedrich Schiller University Jena for microbiology MSC and I was informed by the graduate advisor that I dont need to take an English test. So I want to know if the test would still be required for Visa application, I would also appreciate if someone could kindly share their knowledge on the school.
2. Please I need information on English taught

MSC in biological sciences(microbiology/biotechnology) I just want to apply to more school and have enough options.
Thank you

PM BRO

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
Chriswazo:

Just recently, I was discussing with my uncle that lives in the States, he gave me a beautiful advise about this your concern and I am going to share it with you. He talked about one of our brothers that was doing very well there and wants to settle down by bringing over a lady from here. The guy got entangled with one online and made plans for her, paid for her flight and processed all documents for her visit. He gave her direction on what to do if their flight touch down, surprisingly, til today he has not seen the babe. She arrived and found her way not minding the dude again.
The thing is that he was warned against doing that, but I guess he was drowned in love. My uncle said, the best way is to find your person there that has the respect and virtues u are looking for, because d girl that will want to marry you if you come back might not really love you but just looking for a way to escape the next level suffering in Naija.

Permit me to say, with sincere respect to your uncle of course, what he said is not the best. It's only his opinion based on things he experienced or witnessed. But it's certainly not the best.

What is the best? I don't know. Nobody knows. We make our decisions with the information at our disposal. Only the outcome will determine what's best or not.

Don't what you believe is right by you, period. Not every girl from naija will abandon you once she crosses over. Not every girl over there will stay with you even if her name is Juliet and you are Romeo.

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dolpaz: 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2019
Chriswazo:

Just recently, I was discussing with my uncle that lives in the States, he gave me a beautiful advise about this your concern and I am going to share it with you. He talked about one of our brothers that was doing very well there and wants to settle down by bringing over a lady from here. The guy got entangled with one online and made plans for her, paid for her flight and processed all documents for her visit. He gave her direction on what to do if their flight touch down, surprisingly, til today he has not seen the babe. She arrived and found her way not minding the dude again.
The thing is that he was warned against doing that, but I guess he was drowned in love. My uncle said, the best way is to find your person there that has the respect and virtues u are looking for, because d girl that will want to marry you if you come back might not really love you but just looking for a way to escape the next level suffering in Naija. Bro, believe it, suffering and hunger de this land and even them ladies are looking for a way to escape.
This was made clear to me when my babe of how many years left me after I was unable to travel out last year, the worst was that she became despaired that my family were about reneging on the mission, she knew this because she works for us. Mehn, I thought I had true love but alas, everyone is after the gain and glamor, nobody wants to persevere or suffer for a better cause.

Disregard my post if yours is very different and you are led by God to do that.
PS: I wanted to say, "disregard if you are very sure of her", but that's a fallacious statement, you can't understand yourself talk more of a lady (girlfriend for that matter,lol).

Mehn I had exactly the same plan like you but thank God am free jaare

Ok... I'll drop my opinion on Gf/Bf and interracial dating in DE.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2019
Hello everybody,

Please my friend got his AM last Wednesday (Feb 20) and he sent his passport and insurance that same day, it got to the embassy Feb 25 (this monday) due to elections, he was told to choose his travel date 7 days after posting his envelope. Today is the 7th day after posting and nothing from the embassy yet. Enrollment deadline is next Monday. Any suggestions for him??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by erny11: 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2019
Kenechill:
Thanks so much for this info. We wey de plan come back after one year and marry. We can make good use of this. God. Bless u

Am telling you.....las las it's best for one to marry after masters when he don get job. Except plenty cash don dey ground already
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ladyb4sure(f): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
dolpaz:

Ok... I'll drop my opinion on Gf/Bf and interracial dating in DE.

Looking forward to this grin grin

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by CuteCeo: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
Guys please can one use postgraduate diploma to get Masters degree admission?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
delivite:

Permit me to say, with sincere respect to your uncle of course, what he said is not the best. It's only his opinion based on things he experienced or witnessed. But it's certainly not the best.

What is the best? I don't know. Nobody knows. We make our decisions with the information at our disposal. Only the outcome will determine what's best or not.

Don't what you believe is right by you, period. Not every girl from naija will abandon you once she crosses over. Not every girl over there will stay with you even if her name is Juliet and you are Romeo.

Bro calm down.

I didn't say is the best advise, but for myself, is very credible. As it stands now, how will I bring over GF when my sisters d here.
Oga except you over gallant, me need help, don't need anything that will be dragging me back. I can only date person there, am not a fan of distant relationships.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Freeman59: 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
Deustchemann:

First thing is to know whether your school is using Uni-assist or not. Then, you can obtain your transcript from your department/school. Make photocopies according to the number of schools you're applying to. Take these copies to court for certification (this depends on the school).
As regarding Uni-assist, you can scan and upload original copies of your documents on their site. After which you have to send the certified copies via courier to them.
If your school is not using Uni-assist, then they'll either use online or offline or combination of both for application.
If it's online only, there's no need to certify. Just scan and upload your documents to their site.
If it's offline only, you only need to send your documents to them via courier (some can ask for ordinary photocopies, some ask for certified copies)
If it's combination, you'll upload online, and then send to them via courier.

To the best of my knowledge, These are the various modes of applications I've seen so far.

Hope you're clear? If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

Bro thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Freeman59: 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
Fabcol:
Get your transcript from your school(would advise you get the official one)
Make photocopies of the transcript and certify the photocopies( the certification can be done at the high court, notary public or the German embassy)
N/b- the amount of schools you are applying to will determine the amount of copies you are to certify but if all your schools are thru uniassist then u need send only one certified copy.

Thanks, so much love here.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by val2019: 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2019
Lacazette1:
Hello everybody,

Please my friend got his AM last Wednesday (Feb 20) and he sent his passport and insurance that same day, it got to the embassy Feb 25 (this monday) due to elections, he was told to choose his travel date 7 days after posting his envelope. Today is the 7th day after posting and nothing from the embassy yet. Enrollment deadline is next Monday. Any suggestions for him??

mail a reminder and call the embassy contact us number
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
Chriswazo:

Bro calm down.

I didn't say is the best advise, but for myself, is very credible. As it stands now, I can only thing of bringing in blood sister.
Oga except you over gallant, me need help, don't need anything that will be dragging me back. I can only date person there, am not a fan of distant relationships.

Your judgement is based on your own convictions. There are people doing distant relationships and bringing them over to settle down and it worked out for them!! Everybody ain't the same

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
val2019:
can anyone please advice the possibility of going for bachelors degree in germany and if english test or SAT is needed.
If you're going for an English taught Bachelors, it's very okay if you have IELTS. You don't need SAT. I've not seen any school that asks for SAT. Plus, if you already have a Bachelor degree from Nigeria, they can ask you to get a letter of proficiency, or some can even waive off English proficiency tests for you since you are Nigerian (native speaker). This doesn't apply to all schools though.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.