Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (595953 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adeniyii2017: 8:17am On May 14, 2019
MidEastPrince:

Thank you o! Na there I dey go this morning! For over 2 weeks!
Imagine!!
I pray it comes out well.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by RomeoSierra: 8:21am On May 14, 2019
Hello guys,

I need your candid advise on the next action to take concerning the scenario I'm about to narrate, I know it's a long read but I'll really appreciate your contributions. I'll try to keep it concise as much as possible.

I attended my student visa interview on the 6th of Dec. 2018 when my school was to resume in April 2019. The visa process normally takes 4-6 weeks as shown on the German website. On the 5th week after my interview I sent an email to inquire about the visa status and I got this response "Dear Sir, as your studies start in April, your visa could not yet be processed. You were an early bird considering your application. So we will process the application accordingly so that you can start your studies".

I waited till March before sending another inquiry email and there was no response from the embassy. I sent several emails afterwards and no reply, I called and I was told to send an email as no visa status information could be provided over the phone.

Mid-March I then called the Foreigner's office in the city of Kaiserslautern as my school is in Kaiserslautern and I was told that my documents have been processed and returned to my home country.

March ending I visited the consulate in person to inquire at the reception the cause of the delay but I was told to go and send an email, I explained everything to them and they said I should go and explain in the email, I told them I already did that and all they said was "be patient".

Last day of enrollment was March 31st (extended till April 10) beginning of classes was on 15th of April. I called the school to update them of the situation and help me contact the consulate but they said they don't have any influence with visa issues in Nigeria and what they can do is to defer my admission if I'm unable to meet with the deadline.

2weeks to beginning of studies i called the embassy again and explained the situation. I was told to hold for some minutes and when the person got back she told me "they said they are still working on it!"

3 days to beginning of studies, I defered my admission and got a new admission letter for winter semester in August.

April 16th I sent this email to the consulate "

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Good day,
Owing to the delay in my student visa application, I am unable to resume my classes that commenced yesterday 15th April 2019. Hence, I have deferred my admission at the university, because I cannot join the classes at a later date.
However, I have been granted a new date of resumption by the university which is the 21st August 2019, that should give adequate time for the completion of my visa application process. My interview date was on the 6th of December 2018.
I have attached a copy of my new admission letter in this email. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you."

That was my last contact with the embassy, they never acknowledged receipt of the email or the new admission letter.

Now what do I do as I am confused "note they have all my original certificates with them at the embassy" and it's been over 5 months.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ladyb4sure(f): 8:35am On May 14, 2019
Reply from Hamm-Lipdtadts

Dear Ms ,

Thank you for sending us your documents.

During the first examination of your documents, we noticed that the following documents are still missing:

- English language proficiency:

The prerequisite for admission is proof of sufficient knowledge of the English language at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages by means of an appropriate certificate. The proof must be provided by one of the following successfully passed equivalent tests:
- IELTS: minimum 6.0
- TOEFL (internet based test): at least 80
- TOEFL (paper based test): at least 550
- TOEFL (computer based test): at least 213

If a corresponding note is made on the school leaving certificate or school leaving certificate indicating the degree of English proficiency acquired in accordance with GER (minimum B2), one of the aforementioned certificates will not be submitted.

If you have already studied and/or completed an academic university program please also add a transcript and/or diploma as these might be essential for fulfilling the German university entrance qualification. Beside this do only send reference letters or practical training certificates if these are necessary in terms of the university entrance qualification.

The information that you may have studied in English or that the country where you live has English as your national language is not sufficient.[color=#990000][/color]

Please submit the above documents by July, 15th 2019 at the latest.

Documents submitted after this date will not be considered.

Question

Does it mean they don't accept English letter of proficiency because I added mine?

I have toefl but the score is poor not up to cut off. I scored 73 embarassed

What to do people?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by RomeoSierra: 8:39am On May 14, 2019
Hello guys,

I need your candid advise on the next action to take concerning the scenario I'm about to narrate, I know it's a long read but I'll really appreciate your contributions. I'll try to keep it concise as much as possible.

I attended my student visa interview on the 6th of Dec. 2018 when my school was to resume in April 2019. The visa process normally takes 4-6 weeks as shown on the German website. On the 5th week after my interview I sent an email to inquire about the visa status and I got this response "Dear Sir, as your studies start in April, your visa could not yet be processed. You were an early bird considering your application. So we will process the application accordingly so that you can start your studies".

I waited till March before sending another inquiry email and there was no response from the embassy. I sent several emails afterwards and no reply, I called and I was told to send an email as no visa status information could be provided over the phone.

Mid-March I then called the Foreigner's office in the city of Kaiserslautern as my school is in Kaiserslautern and I was told that my documents have been processed and returned to my home country.

March ending I visited the consulate in person to inquire at the reception the cause of the delay but I was told to go and send an email, I explained everything to them and they said I should go and explain in the email, I told them I already did that and all they said was "be patient".

Last day of enrollment was March 31st (extended till April 10) beginning of classes was on 15th of April. I called the school to update them of the situation and help me contact the consulate but they said they don't have any influence with visa issues in Nigeria and what they can do is to defer my admission if I'm unable to meet with the deadline.

2weeks to beginning of studies i called the embassy again and explained the situation. I was told to hold for some minutes and when the person got back she told me "they said they are still working on it!"

3 days to beginning of studies, I defered my admission and got a new admission letter for winter semester in August.

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Good day,
Owing to the delay in my student visa application, I am unable to resume my classes that commenced yesterday 15th April 2019. Hence, I have deferred my admission at the university, because I cannot join the classes at a later date.
However, I have been granted a new date of resumption by the university which is the 21st August 2019, that should give adequate time for the completion of my visa application process. My interview date was on the 6th of December 2018.
I have attached a copy of my new admission letter in this email. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you."

That was my last contact with the embassy, they never acknowledged receipt of the email or the new admission letter.

Now what do I do as I am confused "note they have all my original certificates with them at the embassy" and it's been over 5 months.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MidEastPrince: 8:44am On May 14, 2019
ladyb4sure:

Dear Ms ,

During the first examination of your documents, we noticed that the following documents are still missing:

The prerequisite for admission is proof of sufficient knowledge of the English language at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages by means of an appropriate certificate. The proof must be provided by one of the following successfully passed equivalent tests:

If a corresponding note is made on the school leaving certificate or school leaving certificate indicating the degree of English proficiency acquired in accordance with GER (minimum B2), one of the aforementioned certificates will not be submitted.

If you have already studied and/or completed an academic university program please also add a transcript and/or diploma as these might be essential for fulfilling the German university entrance qualification. Beside this do only send reference letters or practical training certificates if these are necessary in terms of the university entrance qualification.

The information that you may have studied in English or that the country where you live has English as your national language is not sufficient.[color=#990000][/color]

Question

Does it mean they don't accept English letter of proficiency because I added mine?

What to do people?

Dear Miss ?,

The English Proficiency Letter you Included in your application is not considered sufficient.

Two options;

1. Forget about the application.

2. Register for an IELTS exam in two weeks, prepare like your life depends on it and pass! Wait for 13 days for your result and send to your school! Shikena!

Kindly accept my 2 cents ma’am!

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nuella45: 8:44am On May 14, 2019
Bro I'm experiencing same too. They even sent me a mail to forward a new enrolment extension nd which I did that via email nd which my enrolment is this MAY 27th , yet I haven't heard from them. All we need is to commit every to God.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nuella45: 8:46am On May 14, 2019
RomeoSierra:
Hello guys,

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Good day,

Bro I'm experiencing same too. They even
sent me a mail to forward a new enrolment
extension nd which I did that via email nd
which my enrolment is this MAY 27th , yet I
haven't heard from them. All we need is to
commit every to God.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 8:46am On May 14, 2019
ladyb4sure:

Dear Ms ,

Question

What to do people?
Maybe you forgot to add your EPL,
Cause I sent them EPL as well, and I haven’t gotten this message
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by RomeoSierra: 8:48am On May 14, 2019
Right. Thanks for your response.
Nuella45:
Bro I'm experiencing same too. They even sent me a mail to forward a new enrolment extension nd which I did that via email nd which my enrolment is this MAY 27th , yet I haven't heard from them. All we need is to commit every to God.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lecksam(m): 8:49am On May 14, 2019
I got the same exact message yesterday and have mailed the man in Charge back attached to it where he said English proficiency is accepted .. still waiting for his response today ..
I don’t what they want oo.. see the proof of where he said EPL is accepted

Philfit:

Maybe you forgot to add your EPL,
Cause I sent them EPL as well, and I haven’t gotten this message

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chekz169: 8:59am On May 14, 2019
Take it easy bro!
One Rejected my application.
One accepted my application but needed a B2 before I can enroll.
The one I least expected accepted my application even with the hard online entrance exam that I never tot I would pass it sef!.....
Just apply to more schools, check their requirements and keep your hope Alive!!

Bloodeagle:
Oh lord! The wait for AL is becoming so depressing.
All i keep getting is rejection

Yesterday was FAU

Lord on to thee I rest my case. Have mercy on a sinner like me.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by olumidej12(m): 9:01am On May 14, 2019
Morning guys..
If you are interested in sending documents to Deggendorf Institute of Technology latest by Friday should signify or pm me. We have a group of about 4 persons already. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 9:06am On May 14, 2019
lecksam:
I got the same exact message yesterday and have mailed the man in Charge back attached to it where he said English proficiency is accepted .. still waiting for his response today ..
I don’t what they want oo.. see the proof of where he said EPL is accepted

I’m seeing it bro, let’s wait and see.
These lipstadt people should not come and start changing mouth oh
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chrisomila: 9:09am On May 14, 2019
Please someone should help me analyse this message.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lecksam(m): 9:15am On May 14, 2019
He just replied me now bro .. seriously I don’t understand this people again .. just Flimsy excuses to cut is short from naija .. see his reply

Philfit:

I’m seeing it bro, let’s wait and see.
These lipstadt people should not come and start changing mouth oh

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 9:18am On May 14, 2019
RomeoSierra:
Hello guys,

I hope you get good news soon, I can imagine how hard this is for you, did you use SL or BA, but either of the two I think they should have responded by now.
I don’t envy you at all

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ejighikepat(m): 9:29am On May 14, 2019
Amaterasu:
Hello house I am applying for Msc Electrical communication at uni Kassel through uni assist do I need to add my secondary school certificate to the documents I'm sending to uniassit.

Yes you have to attach WAEC or NECO

meanwhIle we shall meet at Kassel Elect/Elect
Good luck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chrisomila: 9:30am On May 14, 2019
lecksam:
He just replied me now bro .. seriously I don’t understand this people again .. just Flimsy excuses to cut is short from naija .. see his reply

What do we do brother?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Glowing1: 9:39am On May 14, 2019
RomeoSierra:
Hello guys,

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Good day,

Now, what do I do as I am confused "note they have all my original certificates with them at the embassy" and it's been over 5 months.

What u would have done was to withdraw your application.. Then apply again. 5 months is too much na. And the worst of it, is them not communicating back. This is enough to give one HBP. I'm so sorry about this. Just keep prayer, that's all you need now. All d best

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by AgentONE(m): 9:41am On May 14, 2019
For those who applied to HSHL and got that message regarding the rejection of your letter of proficiency...English Proficiency is accepted but on a particular condition.
I used English proficiency letter and mine scaled through.
I can't upload a copy of my doc on a general platform as NL but this is the help i can give, your english proficiency letter should carry a note stating your level of English proficiency according to the European Common framework of reference.
It must strictly adhere to this, based on this note from their website:

I'll like to form a group for HSHL hopefuls, for those interested pm me.

All the best! smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by RomeoSierra: 9:43am On May 14, 2019
Bamstar007:

I hope you get good news soon, I can imagine how hard this is for you, did you use SL or BA, but either of the two I think they should have responded by now.
I don’t envy you at all
Thank you for your response.
Could you please shed more light on SL and BA as I'm not familiar with that acronym.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by RomeoSierra: 9:44am On May 14, 2019
Glowing1:

What u would have done was to withdraw your application.. Then apply again. 5 months is too much na. And the worst of it, is them not communicating back. This is enough to give one HBP. I'm so sorry about this. Just keep prayer, that's all you need now. All d best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 9:53am On May 14, 2019
RomeoSierra:

Could you please shed more light on SL and BA as I'm not familiar with that acronym.
SL - Sponsorship letter
BA - Block account.
Which one of these proof of substanance did you use?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by RomeoSierra: 9:54am On May 14, 2019
badmus306:

SL - Sponsorship letter
BA - Block account.
Which one of these proof of substanance did you use?

Oh okay, I used blocked account.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by AgentONE(m): 10:01am On May 14, 2019
RomeoSierra:

Oh okay, I used blocked account.

I presume you funded before your interview, right?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chrisomila: 10:01am On May 14, 2019
AgentONE:
For those who applied to HSHL and got that message regarding the rejection of your letter of proficiency...English Proficiency is accepted but on a particular condition.
I can't upload a copy of my doc on a general platform as NL but this is the help i can give, your english proficiency letter should carry a note stating your level of English proficiency according to the European Common framework of reference.

I'll like to form a group for HSHL hopefuls, for those interested buzz me...zero eight one six(three times) eight six four one zero
I'll take down my contact by the end of today for privacy concern wink.

All the best! smiley
Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Adhheir: 10:09am On May 14, 2019
Adhheir:

Sure, go ahead. Wondering why tho

I can't pin the exact date but it was late January, I created an account on the 15th(there's an email to this effect). I think it took me about another week to get all the PDFs I submitted together.

Did you apply to the same program?
All the guys I know in my course (we connected here) got their ALs on march 25th.

Your pm is welcome for more inquiries.

Vielen grüße
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 10:34am On May 14, 2019
lecksam:

Men I can’t say again ,
Are you gonna take an English test?
And when and what time did you send them your docs?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Philfit(m): 10:37am On May 14, 2019
AgentONE:

I'll like to form a group for HSHL hopefuls, for those interested buzz me...zero eight one six(three times) eight six four one zero pls whatsapp alone
I'll take down my contact by the end of today for privacy concern wink.

All the best! smiley
From what I can deduce if you went to a polytechnic and I think maybe state university they are rejecting the EPL
But If it’s a federal university or a recognized private university they are accepting it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Saswuatch: 10:46am On May 14, 2019
Olatayogreen:
Hello Children of God, Schönen Tag.

Anyone in the house schooling in Leipzig ?? I have been trying to get affordable housing and accommodation using studentwerk but the costing are quite high. Can anyone here please advise me about other alternatives asides studentwerk.

Also please anyone, are masters students also required to open a block account in Germany ? Is it advisable to open the account before my interview here in Nigeria ?

Children of God please help a brother!

I believe the cheapest accommodation a student can get goes through the Studentwerk, virtually every other process is due to be more expensive.

Your second question is funny oh.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 10:51am On May 14, 2019
I think what I understand from this HSHL matter is that your EPL must state specifically that 'You are proficient in English language on the scale of B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference.

That's the statement they need to see.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by RomeoSierra: 10:51am On May 14, 2019
AgentONE:

I presume you funded before your interview, right?
Yes I funded before interview but sent confirmation via email the next day after my interview and I received a confirmation email from the consulate

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.