Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,777 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (593834 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Awilibogy(m): 10:11pm On May 29, 2019
Good evening House

I applied to TECHISCHE HOCHSCHULE DEGGENDORF bachelor's degree in Health Informatics though I have first degree before, please does anyone applied to this school, I want to know how long it takes them to make decisions on admission thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by legionnaire(m): 10:20pm On May 29, 2019
Legacy666:
Good evening all, help with answers to this questions

I. Does anyone know any center I can write TOEFL or IELTS and Price in Lagos? University of Trier just sent me a mail that my application is not complete, giving me 21st June to submit. Meanwhile it was clearly stated that equivalent to TOEFL/IELTS is University/Secondary schools English language taught.

2. I plan sending my documents to uni-assit tomorrow against June 1st deadline for University of Potsdam to avoid story from university of Trier, do you guys think it's possible?

Thank you.

Since you're in Lagos. You will have to go to the airport. Seems like there are some express delivery courier services there, who can help you out. Someone had a similar issue some time ago.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cestmoi1(f): 10:21pm On May 29, 2019
Legacy666:

Mine is International Economics and Public Policy. What course is yours?
European and East Asian Governance. I sent my certified EPL with my documents though.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 10:49pm On May 29, 2019
Awilibogy:
Good evening House

I applied to TECHISCHE HOCHSCHULE DEGGENDORF bachelor's degree in Health Informatics though I have first degree before, please does anyone applied to this school, I want to know how long it takes them to make decisions on admission thanks.

About 2 weeks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Akinson1: 10:52pm On May 29, 2019
how did you apply pls, did you apply through uni assist or what?? thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kinfinity007: 10:52pm On May 29, 2019
Legacy666:

I. Does anyone know any center I can write TOEFL or IELTS and Price in Lagos? University of Trier just sent me a mail that my application is not complete, giving me 21st June to submit. Meanwhile it was clearly stated that equivalent to TOEFL/IELTS is University/Secondary schools English language taught.

2. I plan sending my documents to uni-assit tomorrow against June 1st deadline for University of Potsdam to avoid story from university of Trier, do you guys think it's possible?

Thank you.
Pls which course did you apply for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 10:52pm On May 29, 2019
Junera:
Good Evening Everyone,, is there any hope of getting an appointment date for bachelors with August 8 as deadline, Bachelors,,,,He booked 23rd of this month, Cat B

U will get date certainly, but you need to apply for enrollment deadline cos is too close
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by johnnycares(m): 11:03pm On May 29, 2019
Legacy666:

Thank you.
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations
Enter.the site.And.all your questions will be answered.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Larrylrkay(m): 11:16pm On May 29, 2019
Good evening guys. Pls. I need an information from the senior men in the house. I want my wife to come for 2weeks visiting in DE, pleace, what are the procedures for visa application? I was told that German embassy has changed some of their policies. I only did student application during my time. I don't know how application for visiting visa will be like.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Junera: 11:20pm On May 29, 2019
Thanks
Chriswazo:

U will get date certainly, but you need to apply for enrollment deadline cos is too close
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by 3T: 11:28pm On May 29, 2019
Coitus:

It's not like they scammed you guys. A lot of their courses are restricted, needing only 20-24 people for admission. This makes it very competitive. It will take special grace and a rock solid motivation letter to be accepted. I know two people schooling in Kaiserslautern presently

Even got AL from there...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Emexnairaland(m): 11:37pm On May 29, 2019
sammmmy01:

Share your interview experience with us
Did i tell you i have gone for interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 11:39pm On May 29, 2019
Awilibogy:
Good evening House

I think this was the same course and school that Chriswazo recently got an admission from. Consider reaching out to him
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by imoriafe: 11:43pm On May 29, 2019
frankie2K:

So the waiting list self get batches.This is really serious.God dey.

Mine is still formally approved... Applied on the 30th
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by inno4u: 11:48pm On May 29, 2019
Awilibogy:
Good evening House

Did you use EPL?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndaife: 12:10am On May 30, 2019
Legacy666:

Thank you.
I got same this afternoon from Uni-trier. to submit English test before 14th June.. while they clearly stated that Certificate showing English as a medium of instruction of previous study is acceptable.
Can't meet up with the deadline.. I emailed them back to consider my application and maybe ask to come with English test result if application is granted..
subs..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lexi28(m): 12:53am On May 30, 2019
Ndaife:

I got same this afternoon from Uni-trier. to submit English test before 14th June.. while they clearly stated that Certificate showing English as a medium of instruction of previous study is acceptable.
Can't meet up with the deadline.. I emailed them back to consider my application and maybe ask to come with English test result if application is granted..
subs..

hi.
some schools add a list of countries they recognise whose students can submit an EPL. I think those countries are New Zealand, Australia, Uk, Ireland, northen Ireland, USA, Canada. other English speaking Commonwealth countries are NOT included. ( didn't see Nigeria on the list). An example of such university is BTU COTTBUS.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Lessonnn: 12:54am On May 30, 2019
Junera:
Good Evening Everyone,, is there any hope of getting an appointment date for bachelors with August 8 as deadline, Bachelors,,,,He booked 23rd of this month, Cat B
Please which school gave you admission for undergraduate and what course.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Zebulun1: 1:11am On May 30, 2019
Please do anyone have any link at university of Leipzig... would really want to go there for a degree in Sports science...can anyone help me out Please i would bê greatful..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Harrycul(m): 1:49am On May 30, 2019
Hi Everyone, good morning.

To gurus in the house, I need your advise the below issues.

1. I have gotten my masters admission from Kiel University (Quantitative Finance, to resume 1st of October 2019) but I'm currently trying to raise the blocked account money of 8867 Euro as quick as possible. Pending when I fully raise the money, do you advise I go ahead submitting my visa application now due to how long the process, then before my interview date would have paid the blocked account money? Are there any negative implications to doing this?

2. What blocked account company is best to use, Coracle or Fintiba, bearing in mind that Coracle gives free travel insurance, do not request for health insurance payment till you get to Germany and do not deduct any monthly charges.

3. What is the best travel insurance you advise I utilize?

4. Trust I can obtain a birth certification from Lagos High court.

5. What's the best time to send in your student visa application? and which is the surest application route on going it?

6. When is the best time to apply for accommodation?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by babatea10(m): 1:53am On May 30, 2019
Ndaife:

subs..
Did you submit EPL?? I submitted that and I haven’t been asked to submit any English test, though they received my documents on Monday
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Doyeyipo: 5:55am On May 30, 2019
Thank you very much
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Olasenie: 6:45am On May 30, 2019
I applied to FHWS for almost 2 weeks and I have not received any update from the school yet, other than sending me a mail few days after my registration that one of my applicarion is in progress. How long does it take to receive admissiom. thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by youngnobert94: 6:47am On May 30, 2019
Harrycul:

1. I have gotten my masters admission from Kiel University (Quantitative Finance, to resume 1st of October 2019) but I'm currently trying to raise the blocked account money of 8867 Euro as quick as possible. Pending when I fully raise the money, do you advise I go ahead submitting my visa application now due to how long the process, then before my interview date would have paid the blocked account money? Are there any negative implications to doing this?

2. What blocked account company is best to use, Coracle or Fintiba, bearing in mind that Coracle gives free travel insurance, do not request for health insurance payment till you get to Germany and do not deduct any monthly charges.

5. What's the best time to send in your student visa application? and which is the surest application route on going it?

1. u can send in ur visa application so long as you already have an admission. this is to help u save time while u kip putting together ur BA funds. blocking before the interview is good too because if u go to the interview with ur blocking confirmation it hastens the visa process. plus u can alwz retrieve ur funds incase of change in plan
2. fintiba is the most used, so i guess it's more advisable
3. travel insurance varies in Germany. but 4 d purpose of securing visa u can take out insurance here in Nigeria but if u wish to get one from a German insurance company browse about "care concept"
4. u 'll have to go to national population commission. i don't know if high court does it. but the earlier u find out d better
5. to be on d safer side cos of time u can send in ur application right away
6. check out studentewerk for the city u are going to. it varies but i know only about Munich.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by alexdedon: 6:51am On May 30, 2019
johnnycares:
Hey guys
What's up,I want to share with you my experience.
Now if can remember I had my visa interview in the 29 of April,funded before interview and was also given an extension enrolment of 29 May 2019.
Today is 29 right!
Enrolment done expire be that hoo.
After waiting for one month the embassy sent me an email stating.
Submit the following documents within the next 20day
Your passport
Block account confirmation
Health insurance of three month,starting from the date of submission.
An extension letter again stating you can still enrol after 29 of May.
And intended date.
#men I mad when I see these email.
Were do I start from,after waiting and been patient..
I remembered that God started these journey with me and he will end it with me.
*please who ever say prayer no dey work nah lie and what ever you are doing especially these kind of thing,put God in charge and I bet you,were other find it difficult it will turn to your favour#
Continue from were I stop
Called the school,explain my case and they refused to send an extension letter and that nite,I prayed like hell
(These was on Monday)
Tuesday:no response and in I lost hope cause all my friends were saying forget about the visa but I had faith that something will.happen.
Wednesday :just checked my mail and I saw an extension enrolment letter from the school til the 12 of June!God is good.
My worries are over and I thank God.
Please guys patience is one thing but also commit what ever you are doing to God.
My professor called me and said.these to me and I QUOTE.(In all my years in Germany have not seen any thing like these before.)
Note:putting God first is another thing and also having a complete documents is another thing!you get.ba
Big shout out to every contributor here
God will favour every single one of us.
Cheers
. Please at what rate of euros did you block your account with and which bank did you use

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by alexdedon: 6:59am On May 30, 2019
Please family those verifying the rate of euros from zenith bank for block account don't forget to update us.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Olasenie: 7:17am On May 30, 2019
As anyone gotten admission to FHWS in this 2019 winter application period. I applied to FHWS for almost 2 weeks and I have not received any update from the school yet, other than sending me a mail few days after my registration that one of my applicarion is in progress. How long does it take to receive admissiom. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Legacy666(f): 7:18am On May 30, 2019
legionnaire:

Since you're in Lagos. You will have to go to the airport. Seems like there are some express delivery courier services there, who can help you out. Someone had a similar issue some time ago.

Okay, thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chocboi007: 7:27am On May 30, 2019
I booked during the 11pm struggle times.
chimax1:
masters abi? Pls which category did you book with
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aduku1(m): 7:28am On May 30, 2019
Larrylrkay:
Good evening guys. Pls. I need an information from the senior men in the house. I want my wife to come for 2weeks visiting in DE, pleace, what are the procedures for visa application? I was told that German embassy has changed some of their policies. I only did student application during my time. I don't know how application for visiting visa will be like.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Find attached

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Legacy666(f): 7:36am On May 30, 2019
freakky:

Since You don't have a lot of time, i was thinking that you can just register for the toefl online yourself you can get to do your exam either on the island or the mainland the website is https://www.ets.org/toefl if you choose this option you can contact me i be glad to help you with study materials

Thank you, how much is it? Will send a mail to you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by aduku1(m): 7:38am On May 30, 2019
Harrycul:

1. can go to the interview with just you block account opening confirmation and fund same after the interview its no problem.

2. Fintiba has also stood the test of time but though Coracle is upcoming as they just started their block account platform..still recommended though

3.Coracle as they offer free travel insurance in so far as you contract to be their customer for your health insurance when you get to Germany

4.No you cannot but instead you can do a declaration of age at the high court which is also accepted by the embassy whether or not you were born before of after 1992. Note it should be done by your head of your family i.e your father or mother and in the case where both are unavailable you can use you elder sibling(if you intend to use your elder sibling for the age declaration include a clause in the affidavit stating that he/she was present as at the time you were born or he/she was to by ur parent that u were born on.......

As soon as you get you admission, the embassy says you can apply 3months to your resumption but many people have applied even four to five months to their resumption which is even safer The only route is the german embassy in nigeria and also stages of education are okay e.g BSC, MSC, or PHD, the only one we wont advise is goingfor language school alone without admission added to it because we have seen many of such cases refused and most times referred to goethe(a german language school in nigeria) studies.

6.Imediately you get admission because spaces get filled fast especially in big cities e.g berlin u may have to even apply like 7months to your resumption date

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.