Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (596546 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Freeman59: 9:26am On Mar 10, 2019
Guys please I have an online account with uni assist. I have certified my docs at the high court here in ph. Now what's the next step to do? Most of the schools I'm applying for will start accepting applications from April. I can't send any documents to Uni assist unless I choose a school right?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 9:34am On Mar 10, 2019
Freeman59:
Guys please I have an online account with uni assist. I have certified my docs at the high court here in ph. Now what's the next step to do? Most of the schools I'm applying for will start accepting applications from April. I can't send any documents to Uni assist unless I choose a school right?

You can, but u will still have to send your signed school application form by April.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 9:39am On Mar 10, 2019
CallmeFather:
Good day house, I read that for winter applicants they get the admission info from the school in August/September and winter semester starts in October but I feel this is too late if one would like to book an appointment for Student visa, if / say when admitted. Because normally, from what I read here and google, it is better to book for student visa appointment 3 months prior to your journey to Deutschland. I am interested in knowing if it is possible to still book for appointment in september when the person is meant to be in Deutschland October.

I appreciate any feedback from the gurus or anyone with a better idea/ experience than myself, Thank you.

Most get admission around June or latest July
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lanre88(m): 9:49am On Mar 10, 2019
Hello house,

Can anyone suggest a good course and school for me for my MSC, I have Bsc in Economics (3.7/5.0).

I found one though " Msc in International finance and Economics" but I have a feeling there could be other better ones.

Thanks all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Missmi: 10:05am On Mar 10, 2019
Lanre88, this link is your go-to for course. Use the filters to search for what you want.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/

No one can really tell you what to study cos there are too many options. Use the filters to get the program you want and the advanced search button to find tuition free schools.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Goztino(m): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2019
Immafrank:
Greetings everyone,

[/b]This important information is for all winter semester applicants and future ones that will be using Verpflichtungserklarung fur studium (Sponsorship Letter, SL), please read carefully all that is involved using SL and how the embassy operates with it.[b]

Firstly, I want to let you know that using a Verpflichtungserklarung fur studium does not guarantee the issuance of student visa (I don’t care where you will be getting it from whether issued by a family, an acquaintance, or you paid), you stand the same chance as every other applicant using Blocked account. If you are using SL, you can still be rejected on the basis that your sponsor is not capable. The rejection is always in this form from the embassy.

“Your secured subsistence cost is not ensured in Germany”
“There are doubts regarding your secured subsistence cost in Germany”

Now I know you want to ask me why the office in Germany gave your sponsor the letter if he wasn’t capable to sponsor you in the first place. I want you to know that different cities/town in Germany have their own criteria in giving out the SL. Let’s take a case like the Auslanderbehorde in Munich, if your sponsor is living in Munich which is the most expensive city in Germany, as of September 2018, your sponsor must be earning 1,880 Euro monthly before tax to sponsor 1 person if he is single (and must be earning 2,610 Euro to sponsor 2 people), if he has a kid living with him or married without kid, he must be earning 2,300 Euro monthly before tax to sponsor 1 person (and must be earning 3,040 Euro to sponsor 2 people), if he is married with a kid, he must be earning 2,540 Euro monthly before tax to sponsor 1 person (and must be earning 3,270 Euro to sponsor 2 people), if he is married with 2 kids, he must be earning 2,780 Euro monthly before tax to sponsor 1 person (and must be earning 3,510 Euro to sponsor 2 people). This is the breakdown of how Munich checks your sponsor to see his/her eligibility to sponsor you. So different cities got its own breakdown of how much your sponsor must be earning monthly to sponsor you. Normally, after all monthly tax, bills and have been deducted from his monthly salary, he must have 720 or 730 Euro left, that’s how they do it. You can see it equates to the amount of blocked account (BA) to be dispensed to you monthly if you are using BA.

Now, some cities issues this letter even without your sponsor not being capable or not earning that stipulated amount and that is where you start having issues with the foreigners office of the city you are heading to and definitely with the embassy. A city I know that gives sponsors the SL without the sponsor being capable is Pforzheim, Germany. This city dishes out the letters anyhow and most of the letters I have seen that comes from Pforzheim always ended up being rejected by the embassy. Part of the criteria generally in Germany in issuing this SL is that your sponsor must hold a Permanent Residence permit or Temporary residence permit or must be a German citizen or EU citizen to sponsor you (This is the only residence titles your sponsor must have to be issued the SL). Now there is what they call fiktionbeschenigung (fiction certificate), this is the permit they give people living in Germany that applied for a residence permit and the foreigners office has not yet decided on the residence permit whether to issue the applicant or not, so they give the person a fiktionbeschenigung, this person can work with it pending the time they decide on his/her RP. This person is not allowed to stand as a sponsor which is clearly stated by most cities in Germany but Pforzheim can give people with a fiktionbeschenigung (that’s how bad Pforzheim is), now imagine you are applying to another city with this SL signed by a person with a fiktionbeschenigung, that’s auto rejection.

Let me talk about Hannover city, now Hannover has one of the strictest foreigners’ office in Germany, and the place is always filled up. If your SL is coming from any city in Germany, whether from Munich, Hamburg, and so on, just know that Hannover will write your sponsor through postal mail to send some documents including his/her 3 month payslips to check the creditworthiness of the SL, Hannover will now make their own calculations to see if your sponsor is really capable (they always do this because they know some cities are not strict with the letter and due to fluctuating credit-rating of different cities), after making their own calculations and they see your sponsor does not meet up their criteria, then sorry is your case, even if your sponsor is a white German or White EU citizen, they will write him, and if your sponsor doesn’t get the letter Hannover sent him asking for his docs, that’s not their problem, and they wont write another one, so your sponsor must have a working mail box. You might want to ask how they will know your sponsor’s address, your sponsors address will be asked when filling the SL. So I advise you all, please if your letter is coming from another city and you are going to Hannover, don’t try it, you will be disappointed, the best is for your SL to come from Hannover if you are heading to hannover, you wont even have issues, that’s auto acceptance. Hannover is the only city I know that writes sponsors to send documents and this is how to verify SL issued from other cities.

Furthermore, there is a particular number of people a person can sponsor (I don’t the exact number) but let me give you a real life case that happened summer 2018 and winter 2018. There is this German-Nigerian man in Germany, he own a company so he is earning so much money to even sponsor 40 students, in summer 2018, he sponsored about 7 people and they made it to Germany. In winter 2018, he gave about 11 people SL again, and embassy rejected all of the 11 people. Why? Because there is a rule of how many people you can sponsor. Why did they give him in the office in Germany since he was already sponsoring 7 people? The answer is he went to another city to get the SL. Yes, your sponsor can leave his residence city and go to another city to get the SL.

If your sponsor is living in Berlin, Berlin has 2 offices where this SL is issued from, there is one for long term (student, family reunioun and so on) and there is office for short term (visiting, tourism and so on.)
Also, the embassy are not the ones that verifies SL, embassy send your SL to the city you are heading to in Germany and the city does the verification, now the embassy can still decide whether to give you the visa or not, meaning even if your foreigners office in Germany approves your visa, embassy can still reject you for different reasons. They might say “they doubt your indicated purpose of trip” they have their own convictions are you cant sue or fight them.

I hope I have stated all what prospective applicant that wants to use SL needs to know. And please and please, don’t pay anybody you don’t know personally for SL, I read part 4 of this thread where a guy was scammed 400k, a lot of scammers in town now cause they know people are desperate to leave Nigeria, and there are scammers in Germany too, if you get scammed, you get scammed for life, you cant hold anybody, and even if you got the SL and the embassy rejects you based on any reason, then the money you paid is gone.
This is my 2 cents. BE WISE and BE SHARP!!!! [/b]A lot of people are crying in one corner now for this.[b]
I read a post some pages back where one Guy was saying he has 2 million naira and he can’t raise the remaining 1.6 million for the blocked account. Dude if you are reading this, you better hustle for that complete money. I have a friend that had to stay back for a year in Nigeria to get the complete blocked account money and now he is in DE.

NB: SL can be handwritten (filled with pen) or typed-written. SL from Munich is always handwritten except for the official remark, date of entry, employer of your sponsor, and date of issuance of the SL, all these I mentioned are always typed. To get a sample of SL and how it looks like, type “Verpflichtungserklarung” on google, facebook or Instagram, you will see samples.
And please when you get your SL, before the sponsor sends the original by post mail, always request for the softcopy and check that your details (Full name, passport number, date of birth, purpose of stay in Germany) is correct.

TCHUSS!

Waooooo. So explicit and informative.
After going through that post, the thought of getting sponsorship letter left me completely because truly I don't have any relative in Germany let alone the one qualified to write SL for me.
I am the one you mentioned in your write up who doesn't have the complete money for Block account.
If anyone has any idea on how to complete it, the person should let me know.
I mean how to obtain soft loan and pay back gradually from the block account with collateral involved.
I just need ideas and suggestions

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2019
University of Bayreuth-history and economics
University of bonn- economics
University of Paderborn-international economics and management
Tu Berlin- innovation management
University of Siegen- economic policy

This once are currently accepting applications.. Browse thru each of there website and apply.. Also check thru daad.de you would find a lot more

lanre88:
Hello house,

Can anyone suggest a good course and school for me for my MSC, I have Bsc in Economics (3.7/5.0).

I found one though " Msc in International finance and Economics" but I have a feeling there could be other better ones.

Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2019
Thru a friend(75euro actually)
Yes I notarized my transcript(each pages)..I used notary public

Coachee9:

please how did you pay the 70 euros to uni assist. and did you notarizr your transcript too?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Legacy666(f): 11:02am On Mar 10, 2019
Legacy666:
Good morning all, please is anyone applying to Trier University or Schooling there already? I noticed no comments about the school like other Schools. Any information about student work and life generally in Trier? Just worried cos I seem to meet their requirements and I really want to study the MSc course there. Thanks

Please gurus in the house, attend to my questions. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iblion: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2019
Hi Room, i am new here and i have alot of questions to ask, but first, do i need to certify the documents i upload on uniassist or i can upload original documents ?thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lanre88(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.@Missmi

Fabcol:
University of Bayreuth-history and economics
University of bonn- economics
University of Paderborn-international economics and management
Tu Berlin- innovation management
University of Siegen- economic policy

This once are currently accepting applications.. Browse thru each of there website and apply.. Also check thru daad.de you would find a lot more

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lanre88(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2019
Another one am baffled with is my primary school certificate which I do not have because I didn't finish up before heading for secondary school.

Is it mandatory to provide my first school leaving certificate or how can I circumvent that in my applications?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
Sure.u wlc

lanre88:
Thanks for your feedback.@Missmi

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
You don't need that for admission application

lanre88:
Another one am baffled with is my primary school certificate which I do not have because I didn't finish up before heading for secondary school.

Is it mandatory to provide my first school leaving certificate or how can I circumvent that in my applications?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Determinedsoul: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by princetigris(m): 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
lanre88:
Hello house,

Thanks all.
Secure a fast and stress free admission from university of siegen in Economics(M.Sc).

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by BadmanKas: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
lanre88:
Hello house,

Thanks all.
University of Paderborn- International Economics and Management. No uniassist required, no online application reqired. Send your certified documents straight to the school’s International office.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cookee: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
iblion:
Hi Room, i am new here and i have alot of questions to ask, but first, do i need to certify the documents i upload on uniassist or i can upload original documents ?thank you

Hello, if it's for uni-assist to check ur documents if u are qualified to apply, you can upload the original documents, but if it's for admission to a particular school, just read up the requirements of that particular course/department in dat school and act according to their instructions, that is, if they said that u should certify at d Federal High Court just do so, then if they asked for certifying in at Notary body just do that; but all can be done at the German embassy after u must have booked an appointment with them for that purpose.
Th3nks...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2019
Geography undergraduate 3.77,(Nigerian cgpa) IELTS 6.5, please where I can get a fast admission, as man don hustle BA, admission is highly needed fast abeg, any good suggestion will be appreciated.thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iblion: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
thank you for the reply chief, how many schools is advised for someone to apply to at a time? i have found about three schools that i met their requirements but they are currently not admitting till later in the year, what do i need to do before that time comes so i dont end up rushing? thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndkings1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
Guys what can you say about the city of Kiel?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
Bamstar007:
Geography undergraduate 3.77,(Nigerian cgpa) IELTS 6.5, please where I can get a fast admission, as man don hustle BA, admission is highly needed fast abeg, any good suggestion will be appreciated.thanks

1)Environmental Geography-University of bayreuth (online application)

2)Physical Geography:Environmental History -University of bremen (online + postal application (if selected))

(3) Geomatics -University of Munster (this one winter in take is 18students) (Online + postal application (if selected)

4) Ecosystem Services -Dresden Zittau (Postal application)

5) Cartography -Technical University Munich(uni-assist) (Eramus scholarship for this one ends 15th of March)

6)Environmental Sciences -Koblenz university (Uni-assist)

7) Environmental science -University of Trier (you need to pay an application fee of 50 Euro)

cool Global Change - University of Bayreuth.

9) Climate Science - FAU

10)Global Change Geography -Humboldt University

I hope this helps..... shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2019
iblion:
thank you for the reply chief, how many schools is advised for someone to apply to at a time? i have found about three schools that i met their requirements but they are currently not admitting till later in the year, what do i need to do before that time comes so i dont end up rushing? thanks

Look through their requirements and prepare the necessary documents.... Make use of the 5 P's ...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by iblion: 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

Look through their requirements and prepare the necessary documents.... Make use of the 5 P's ...

5Ps?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2019
iblion:

5Ps?

Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

1)Environmental Geography-University of bayreuth (online application)

2)Physical Geography:Environmental History -University of bremen (online + postal application (if selected))

(3) Geomatics -University of Munster (this one winter in take is 18students) (Online + postal application (if selected)

4) Ecosystem Services -Dresden Zittau (Postal application)

5) Cartography -Technical University Munich(uni-assist) (Eramus scholarship for this one ends 15th of March)

6)Environmental Sciences -Koblenz university (Uni-assist)

7) Environmental science -University of Trier (you need to pay an application fee of 50 Euro)

cool Global Change - University of Bayreuth.

9) Climate Science - FAU

10)Global Change Geography -Humboldt University

I hope this helps..... shocked
thanks it does help, did you apply to uni bayreuth. I don’t seem to understand their application, it’s not opening
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
Bamstar007:
thanks it does help, did you apply to uni bayreuth. I don’t seem to understand their application, it’s not opening

University of Bayreuth application will start ending of March.

University of Bremen Application ends April 30th.

However the above schools require you have interest in physical geography.....But that of Dresden Zittau, interest in human geography would do. For me I am a physical geography guy, don't know about you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
DemigodZeus147:

University of Bayreuth application will start ending of March.

University of Bremen Application ends April 30th.

However the above schools require you have interest in physical geography.....But that of Dresden Zittau, interest in human geography would do. For me I am a physical geography guy, don't know about you.
I’m also a physical geography person and did some gis and Remote Sensing courses, no programming though
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2019
Bamstar007:
I’m also a physical geography person and did some gis and Remote Sensing courses, no programming though

Then, you are good to go. Best!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bl33d(m): 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
Bamstar007:
you combine all your documents in a pdf file and send it to them in an email as attachment.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DemigodZeus147(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
bl33d:
you combine all your documents in a pdf file and send it to them in an email as attachment.

Is that the application process now?. Thought there was an online form to fill, please give more info coz I am applying for the programme.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Annestacia: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2019
ABEG OOO! Na only me waka come?? Anybody in Koblenz or going to Koblenz (Summer or Winter)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.