Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,424 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (594694 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 10:02am On Jun 25, 2019
Bbinc:

funny I posted this yesterday and got AL today cheesy cheesy

16 applications for MSc
1 application for BSc

8 rejections so far

First AL landed this morning
TU Ilmenau
Media and Communication Science

8 more awaiting

CC
Klexycole
Congrats Mate.
let me not waste this jazz...
AL oooooooooooooo

9 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vikmeek: 10:02am On Jun 25, 2019
Hi guyz

Quick question, for those Already in Germany, are students allowed work? And how easy and lucrative is it over there. Pls I need honest and truthful answer...

I’m in Australia, and yes student can work and good pay but tuition is very high. I want to sponsor my bro to Germany, kindly help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by imoriafe: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2019
Pls how long does it take for Bayreuth to process admission? My status is showing formal requirements met
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by PeSt007(m): 10:08am On Jun 25, 2019
Congrats!

When did you apply and when did you pay the application fee??

Still waiting for mine, though a different course..

Bbinc:

16 applications for MSc
1 application for BSc

8 rejections so far

TU Ilmenau

8 more awaiting

CC
Klexycole
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by lexi28(m): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2019
Eldeee:
It all went well today. Thank God for His grace.

Interview transcript
Arrived at the embassy by 5:40am ,decided to chill and relax till 6:30am, at least I know say I come quick. Guys at the park quickly rush me for business, but unfortunately na bad market i be, Lol.

Met Mr paulinus at his usual routine, almost took the urine out of one guy after shouting at him. I just pity the guy and gave him signals to calm down. Me I dey ready for am, so no shaking.

Was ushered in for security checks, and was asked to wait at the seats close to the security checks, neither did I knew they arranged a VIP visa interview for me, Lol. I signalled the security guards that am still waiting and others are being sent inside the consulate building. But he said I should wait when it's time I will be ushered in.

It was time, I was given signal to go in. I met a calm looking lady at the visa room one, she was not smiling ooo, but I have to force smile out of her face after my interview.

My questions were more of personal questions as she noticed I have been there before now. No much hassles. But was just making emphasis on me funding on time.

The questions goes thus

What are you going for, msc or bsc?
Which school and what course
What is your bsc course, and what year did you graduate
What have you been doing
What's the relationship between your bsc and your proposed masters
Are you married?
Your bsc thesis?

All personal questions like I earlier mentioned. Even if you wake me up ten times, I go tell you without stress.

The only question that doesn't relate to me is this

Tell me what you know about Germany, na she even stop me cos talk go plenty.
What are you going to do after studying?

That's all for now. She now asked any question for me. I was like shebi you no want laugh abi, you go laugh by force. Now I asked her what does the embassy have for me, she was like what do you mean, I told her on a lighter note, my birthday is coming up three days from now so I asked again what does the embassy have for me, any gifts or surprise package, she have to force out laughter from her face unknowingly and said I should please go as I have no serious question for her.

My people na so I take go oooo. Just went to catch my fun jare.

Eldee, congrats. I have personally benefitted from your humorous posts and direct reasoning here. I pray all goes well for you, and you fund on time, and land in DE on time. We can now expect candid posts of life in DE too.

on a serious note, did you notice any change in demeanor by the VO compared to when you had your first interview?

while reading the compressed interview transcripts (Alore....thanks to you), I noticed also guys were mentioning which room/cubicle they were interviewed in. Do the VO's have fixed rooms they occupy? or it is just one's luck/God? there seems to be a pattern to avoid certain VO's.lol

given the fact that you were working and graduated a while back, were you asked to present a payslip to confirm your employment or salary scale?

some transcripts here look hurried and almost as if they were better not written. others included their own answers and were quick to point out unusual line of questioning from the VO. I noticed also, the VO's keep stressing that they want facts not comparison or stories. is it like giving them bullet points as I think it should be. (that's why the answers you gave matter).

to all who have interviews pending, may you sail through like a hot knife through butter!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by KamsyIvy: 10:09am On Jun 25, 2019
Congratulations again! This doesn’t sound like the embassy in Lagos o. Did you have your interview in Dubai?
Onyi2728:
Let me share my good news. Its with heartwarming delight to announce that I received my AM yesterday.

Funded on 15th June. Sent blocked account info to embassy 18th June. AM received 24th. I will be porting in September.

This is a mile stone in my life knowing where I come from and knowing I did it all by myself with the help of reading on nairaland.

Thanks a lot. God Bless Everyone.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dapsy77: 10:09am On Jun 25, 2019
Hi house, what's the best way to go about this blocked account issue? can I open it myself from Nigeria or do I call the bank and tell them to open for me ? Also if I get someone to sign as a sponsor would the embassy still ask for blocked account?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MissNK: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2019
Fabcol:
Haa.. You reason far oh.. You are to buy neco scratch card if u are using neco result

Lol. I don dey think am since. Thanks. Can I still get it from Wema bank?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Onyi2728(f): 10:22am On Jun 25, 2019
KamsyIvy:
Congratulations again! This doesn’t sound like the embassy in Lagos o. Did you have your interview in Dubai?

Yes. it was in Dubai. Thank You

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bbinc: 10:23am On Jun 25, 2019
PeSt007:
Congrats!

When did you apply and when did you pay the application fee??

Still waiting for mine, though a different course..

Gotten..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bbinc: 10:23am On Jun 25, 2019
walexy06:

Congrats Mate.
AL oooooooooooooo

Thanks
klexycole:

At last, congratulations baba. Oya where make we dey go? grin

grin grin

If you dn enter lag
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obibanks: 10:24am On Jun 25, 2019
lexi28:

to all who have interviews pending, may you sail through like a hot knife through butter!!

This line from PES. I claim this success for my interview grin grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by waledora(f): 10:24am On Jun 25, 2019
Yeah we work here

vikmeek:
Hi guyz

Quick question, for those Already in Germany, are students allowed work? And how easy and lucrative is it over there. Pls I need honest and truthful answer...

I’m in Australia, and yes student can work and good pay but tuition is very high. I want to sponsor my bro to Germany, kindly help

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bbinc: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2019
Onyi2728:

Yes. it was in Dubai. Thank You

Are you on 3 months or 2yrs visa

Also can you apply film Dubai while on a 3 months visa?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bbinc: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2019
Legacy666:
Congratulations guy, las las.

Yes oo

Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Onyi2728(f): 10:25am On Jun 25, 2019
Bbinc:

Are you on 3 months or 2yrs visa

Also can you apply film Dubai while on a 3 months visa?

Nope. I am resident. I am working with pleasure. cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 10:31am On Jun 25, 2019
vikmeek:
Hi guyz

Yeah students are allowed to work in Germany. By law you are given 20 hours per week to work so as to enable you focus on studies as well and still pay bills as they come.

Work here is dependent on several factors which are location, skill set, language etc. The average wage for students is €10 per hour, while some bigger cities like Munich, Stuttgart, Cologne, Hamburg, etc you can get as high as €15-€17 per hour depending on the type of jobs.

On the contrary, a good number of students job pay €450 per month and such jobs are more often not the regular IT skill jobs that comes with some good pay. Some people combine such jobs with other such jobs to make ends possibly meet.

Jobs become somehow difficult if you stay in a city that is not all that thriving or probably inside remote places. So in such situations, students go to nearby bigger cities to work. Hope this helps.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cestmoi1(f): 10:33am On Jun 25, 2019
Good morning all. Pls, PM me if you're in Abuja and fully ready for German A1 studies. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by jimohabdo(m): 10:35am On Jun 25, 2019
Good morning ALL!

How many weeks does it take the embassy to issue AD for CATEGORY B.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 25, 2019
Eldeee:

Yeah students are allowed to work in Germany. By law you are given 20 hours per week to work so as to enable you focus on studies as well and still pay bills as they come.

Work here is dependent on several factors which are location, skill set, language etc. The average wage for students is €10 per hour, while some bigger cities like Munich, Stuttgart, Cologne, Hamburg, etc you can get as high as €15-€17 per hour depending on the type of jobs.

On the contrary, a good number of students job pay €450 per month and such jobs are more often not the regular IT skill jobs that comes with some good pay. Some people combine such jobs with other such jobs to make ends possibly meet.

Jobs become somehow difficult if you stay in a city that is not all that thriving or probably inside remote places. So in such situations, students go to nearby bigger cities to work. Hope this helps.

This my man God bless you big time for everything you do here !!!

Congrats on your interview bro
AM is already chasing you as we speak.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by yungmin: 10:40am On Jun 25, 2019
walexy06:

Congrats Mate.
AL oooooooooooooo

did you say 16 different applications? wawo.. I wish you well bro! may your efforts not be in vain, amen

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MopeL(f): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2019
Kenechill:

Wow . TUM horticultural science is like rocket science. They take only 5 people per semester.
Read about plant auxins, transpiration, plant cell and tropical plants.
Then know your motivation very well.
This summer they took only two students a Nigerian and a Pakistani.
Good luck
hmmm ... thank you very much

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Obinnafrancis(m): 10:44am On Jun 25, 2019
jimohabdo:
Good morning ALL!

How many weeks does it take the embassy to issue AD for CATEGORY B.

My brother no one knows but hopefully AD might start dropping anytime soon for Cat B. Just be patient.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by waledora(f): 10:45am On Jun 25, 2019
Advanced functional materials(TU Chemnitz) is purely chemistry and physics, even I'm finding it difficult to cope due to my 1st degree was Biochemistry.

olaadesie:
Boss abeg I have 2.57 from oou studied mass communication... Can I apply with GP??
I have check daad.de must course and sch deadline is July 15 pls how can u help with sch I can apply to directly without uni assist?

I don't mind any social or management science course either BA or Msc
went to search and found the following schools. Still open till July 15.

Open the following links:

1. MSc Advanced Functional Materials at TU-Chemnitz

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/detail/4695/#tab_registration

2. MSc Chemistry at Ruhr University Bochum

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/detail/4169/#tab_overview

3. MSc Material Science at TU-Darmstadt

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/detail/4808/#tab_registration

4. MSc Medical Photonics at FSU-JENA

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/detail/4708/#tab_regis
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by JesusKreist: 10:49am On Jun 25, 2019
dapsy77:
Hi house, what's the best way to go about this blocked account issue? can I open it myself from Nigeria or do I call the bank and tell them to open for me ? Also if I get someone to sign as a sponsor would the embassy still ask for blocked account?
Yes, you can open it and successfully do that from Nigeria. I was able to get an account opened via fintiba in less than a business day. If you can get a sponsorship letter, you don't need the blocked account confirmation as a proof of funding.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Obinnafrancis(m): 10:49am On Jun 25, 2019
Bbinc:

16 applications for MSc
1 application for BSc

8 rejections so far

TU Ilmenau

8 more awaiting

CC
Klexycole

Congratulations Bbinc. 16 Msc and 1 Bsc? That's 17? Wow guy u try. That's lot of Euros. I did 10 so I know exactly what that means. Congrats once again.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dapsy77: 10:56am On Jun 25, 2019
JesusKreist:

Yes, you can open it and successfully do that from Nigeria. I was able to get an account opened via fintiba in less than a business day. If you can get a sponsorship letter, you don't need the blocked account confirmation as a proof of funding.

Thanks, please how can I reach you for more information?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 10:56am On Jun 25, 2019
lexi28:

Eldee, congrats. I have personally benefitted from your humorous posts and direct reasoning here. I pray all goes well for you, and you fund on time, and land in DE on time. We can now expect candid posts of life in DE too.

on a serious note, did you notice any change in demeanor by the VO compared to when you had your first interview?

while reading the compressed interview transcripts (Alore....thanks to you), I noticed also guys were mentioning which room/cubicle they were interviewed in. Do the VO's have fixed rooms they occupy? or it is just one's luck/God? there seems to be a pattern to avoid certain VO's.lol

given the fact that you were working and graduated a while back, were you asked to present a payslip to confirm your employment or salary scale?

some transcripts here look hurried and almost as if they were better not written. others included their own answers and were quick to point out unusual line of questioning from the VO. I noticed also, the VO's keep stressing that they want facts not comparison or stories. is it like giving them bullet points as I think it should be. (that's why the answers you gave matter).

Your observations are not far fetched bro. You are very observant and detailed. Just give them points ,no need for comparison or too many stories

As regards the VO rooms, my brother it's just a thing of grace, the one everyone seems to dread might be so friendly to you all through. Yesterday my VO just noticed she has no reason to keep asking me several questions as she already noticed I have been there before, which was why you saw more of personal questions, even when she asked about facts I know about Germany, I was busy dishing out points while she was just nodding in affirmation before she stopped me as she wouldn't be able to type everything if I keep pouring it out, Lol.

As regards working and having graduated long ago, she only asked where I worked and why I waited this long before taking a decision for further studies and I told her it was my career plans to work first before enrolling for further studies. There was nothing like presenting a payslip or employment letter.

Thanks for your kind gestures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 11:05am On Jun 25, 2019
MissNK:

Check all this cyber cafe where they do results checking and exam registration. Just ask them for scratch card, they should have it for sale most likely.

NB : Its most likely going to be in paper form, so don't get alarmed if you see one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 11:10am On Jun 25, 2019
Kennyubah:

This my man God bless you big time for everything you do here !!!
Congrats on your interview bro AM is already chasing you as we speak.
Thanks my brother. I truly appreciate. God bless you

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 11:10am On Jun 25, 2019
Just do as Eldee said
MissNK:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.