Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (595451 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndkings1(m): 9:33am On Mar 14, 2019
Guys, I paid my uniassist fee through someone in Germany on Tuesday and uptil now it has not been confirmed by uni-assist. I have sent them mail through their website with the proof two times yet no response.

I was skeptical about paying this fee initially because I was was expecting admission decision from other schools but I still went I ahead to pay because I didn't want to take chances.

Now I am worried...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Larrylrkay(m): 9:36am On Mar 14, 2019
[quote author=Jumoke95 post=76270927]Please who's applying to Justus Liebig University Giessen this
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Champion100(f): 9:38am On Mar 14, 2019
Ndkings1:
Guys, I paid my uniassist fee through someone in Germany on Tuesday and uptil now it has not been confirmed by uni-assist. I have sent them mail through their website with the proof two times yet no response.

I was skeptical about paying this fee initially because I was was expecting admission decision from other schools but I still went I ahead to pay because I didn't want to take chances.

Now I am worried...

Hello... Please login to your account... Go to your application. Check your PAID.... It has changed from NO to YES.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by BayoMiller: 9:38am On Mar 14, 2019
it takes 2days to reflect, so most likely before the end of today
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Larrylrkay(m): 9:41am On Mar 14, 2019
Ndkings1:

Now I am worried...

If the person truly paid for you, you will surely be notified by uni-assit. Just chill.i paid mine through a contact in Germany too and it took few days for them to notify me. Paying for your handling fee is the best thing to do. No matter if you have not heard from the school. You can still use the fee to process another admission, if the school gave you a negative answer. I wish you luck ahead

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Larrylrkay(m): 9:46am On Mar 14, 2019
Ndkings1:

Now I am worried...

Don't worry, you will be notified by uni-assit and before then you can log-in on your application and check your status it would have reflected. It take like 2 to 3 days for you to receive mail directly from uni-assist

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obianorafael: 10:18am On Mar 14, 2019
Thanks so much, man I really appreciate
Deustchemann:

Okay, are you referring to the studienkolleg program?

Cc:
Janettee
Dailydolar
Eldee
Dolpaz

Please help out
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by imoriafe: 10:21am On Mar 14, 2019
obianorafael:
Abeg oo we get B.Sc applicants here na .... all I see here is 70% of M.sc

please we need help with Bsc

I want to study in Deutschland but I can't afford to pay for IELTS or TOEFL at the moment cause I didn't get to know about Germany early, so I have exhausted all the money I have applying to schools in Canada.

1.please I need to get a cheap conditional AM to study in Germany cause I'd like to learn German or
2. Get a school that doesn't require IELTS or TOEFL ( i know this is going to be difficult but not impossible )

I am looking computer science ( any related course) or Business related course Bsc

Please, my people, help me !!!!
Thank you

Try TUK university.. They exempt Nigerians from proof of English
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vampire2020: 11:22am On Mar 14, 2019
obianorafael:
Conditional Admission is a program offered by colleges and universities, admission to a degree program, to eligible international students, with a requirement that they must improve their German language skills by attending the university's German language program.

I have not completed a Bachelors Degree, I dropped out of NOUN.. so I am looking to start all over again

why not just go through studienkolleg ,and you will get to learn the language over there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obianorafael: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2019
I heard it's more expensive... I'm trying to cut cost
vampire2020:
why not just go through studienkolleg ,and you will get to learn the language over there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vampire2020: 11:35am On Mar 14, 2019
obianorafael:
I heard it's more expensive... I'm trying to cut cost
that's your only option because you don't have at least a 100level transcript,which could have help you cut down cost
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obianorafael: 11:36am On Mar 14, 2019
they only course taught in English is Maths
imoriafe:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obianorafael: 11:38am On Mar 14, 2019
In your own opinion, how much do you think it would cost me?
vampire2020:
that's your only option because you don't have at least a 100level transcript,which could have help you cut down cost
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ohraykon: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2019
WeirdinT:
Interview date: Feb 18
Approval mail: March 13
School: Rhein-waal university of applied sciences
Course: M.sc Biological resources
Funded before interview.
Thanks for your help guys. Learnt a lot reading this thread.
Please I need link to a cheap travel insurance for up to 3 months
bros wat was ur naija cpga? I want to apply for dis course also but my cpga 2.92 scares me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vampire2020: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2019
obianorafael:
In your own opinion, how much do you think it would cost me?
language school is one thing , conditional admission is another thing,if you are applying for only language course admission and you use it for Visa appointment,there is 99.9% chance that you will be rejected and be referred to the almighty Gothee institute in Lagos,now with a conditional admission and a language course admission, you stand a great chance in getting Visa,but this doesn't come cheap, depending on the language level you will wish to attain from 2500-3000 euro,like I said it expensive but if you have the money its your best bet and surely worth it.
P.S not all language school offers this,some will just give you only language admission.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by AKUPSME: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2019
And it finally gets to our turn
Interview Feb 4th
AM March 14

Thanks everyone

15 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obianorafael: 11:50am On Mar 14, 2019
okay how do i go about getting a conditional admission... please patch me through
vampire2020:
language school is one thing , conditional admission is another thing,if you are applying for only language course admission and you use it for Visa appointment,there is 99.9% chance that you will be rejected and be referred to the almighty Gothee institute in Lagos,now with a conditional admission and a language course admission, you stand a great chance in getting Visa,but this doesn't come cheap, depending on the language level you will wish to attain from 2500-3000 euro,like I said it expensive but if you have the money its your best bet and surely worth it.
P.S not all language school offers this,some will just give you only language admission.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vampire2020: 11:55am On Mar 14, 2019
obianorafael:
okay how do i go about getting a conditional admission... please patch me through
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by noblealuu: 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
Hello there.

Please what are my chances of being offered admission in Agricultural science MSc with focus on Animal production and Mgmt.

Note, I graduated from Life sciences, Medical Lab science and has been working as such. Although I just started a pig farm as a side hustle.

Is it possible to make such a switch of profession?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Champion100(f): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2019
imoriafe:

What's the meaning of TUK?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by okpala95(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
stephots10:

Yeah, I want to apply for Data science at the University of Potsdam. Any use useful information i need to know?

No useful information oo. Check the website.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by okpala95(m): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
Feanad:

Yes. Can I ask you some questions please?

Pm me sir
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndkings1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2019
Thank you very much guys for the response.

I just got the confirmation email from them.

Danke noch einmal
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by bukolaakin: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2019
Congratulations!!
AKUPSME:
Interview Feb 4th
AM March 14

Thanks everyone
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Conqueror89: 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2019
Deustchemann:

Uni-assist e.V
11507 Berlin
Germany

What.about this bro address?
Geneststraße 5, 10829 Berlin, Germany

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2019
That was the one I used and parcel was delivered

Conqueror89:

What.about this bro address?
Geneststraße 5, 10829 Berlin, Germany
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Ndkings1(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2019
GUYS WHO ELSE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE FROM BREMEN

Good morning,

we would like to inform you that the Master Admission Board has evaluated your documents in the meantime and we are glad to let you know that you are eligible to participate further in the selection process.

The next step will be a written test. The total length of the test will be a max. of 120 minutes. You will get approximately 25-30 questions on basics in biochemistry, chemistry and molecular cell biology.

Most of the questions require a short written answer. One or the other may be multiple choice. You should bring along with you a pocket calculator but no other aids are allowed. Kindly show your passport/ college identity card / driving license as proof of your identity.

The test will take place on the 21st of March 2019  at 9 a. m.  at:

Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Life Science, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Room: 236

Your contact person is:

Dr Gloria Chechet

+2348094608793

daglo2000@yahoo.com

Kindly confirm your participation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Prof. Barbara Reinhold-Hurek                Stefanie Haack
Coordinator Master Admisssion Test          Secretary
University of Bremen
Microbe-Plant-Interactions
Leobener Str., NW 2
28359 Bremen

Universitaet Bremen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by modupejay: 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2019
DwayneGy:
Anyone received his original documents & visa outside Lagos? How long does it take?

Yeah. Took 3 days for me. Ogun State.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by SooCute(m): 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
People come to Europe for many reasons sha.
Since our results came out for the first semester, people don quiet for our class group chat. I mean both Americans, Indians etc. Have you encountered those lecturers that are "stingy" with marks?
My dear, a friend in Cottbus is doing 4 courses in a semester (renewable energy something) and all the exam he says is like a presentation. That means, you'd be given a topic to go and research and at the exam day you just come do presentations.
Here in my school in Bavaria, i just need someone in this NL in my school to come and testify. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Me i know i am not lazy, but when you feel you got all the answers correct and yet the result just be like say you dey lie.
LIFE: all the regions of NRW, have one ticket to tour them. Students card (from semester fee) of about 250 euro per semester, that means, you have wider tourism destination and job search possibilities.
Here, we have two campuses, your ticket from Schweinfurt campus cannot take you to Wurzburg campus....same Lower Franconia oooo not to talk of the whole Bavaria? Tankiu.

No fun. social life here is dead because people here are mainly old people and workers. Nobody has your time really. They don't even speak Hochdeutsch...that's official German. They speak Bayriesch dialect. No "guten Morgen" here ooo...na "Servus" oder "Grusse dich" so imagine all the Germans you read in the book? See i don't even gave time to be explaining again.
People think you don't want them to come where you are, as if i even know you in person. The thing is, we don't want you to face what shit we are facing. Some guys in other cities are schooling, balling and saving money with less stress, why do you want to do it how e go hard you? One of our guys failed 3 courses this semester. now that means next semester, he's already in a shitty pressure.

Now my school is collaborating with Auslandbehorde (foreigners office where you go to renew your paper), every semester you must complete 75percent of your coursework else, you have issues. That means 5 out of 6 courses every semester(We are doing 6 courses every semester for my course, Business and Engineering).
This does not include the compulsory German course you must prove. For instance, i got 1.3 in my A1 German, and 1.0 in my A2 German exam. Unfortunately, here, it doesn't count in your total CGPA. whereas in other Unis, the language counts in your CGPA and it is part of normal class, so you expected to normally graduate with C1 or C2 (which makes getting job pretty easier for you) which is the highest German....in the whole world grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Here the German class is held outside normal study time table, but it is a must oooo and you have to pay for it...each level.

Finally, i know wetin carry e come Germany, if i had known, i wouldn't come to Schweinfut. Bavarians are just proud, they wanna tell you "yo! this is Germany and we are the real native Germans" so they are strict with everything. Not as if i don't have job, honestly i am the only one yet, other Nigerians here are paying Train ticket to travel 60km or more daily to work. So because i got job and many didn't get, does it mean all is well with Schweinfurt? or because i didn't fail any course and many failed, does it mean i am smart and they are duns or does't mean the exam was easy? Na you sabi. Inferential statistics doesn't not depend on Mode, but mean distribution as a measure of central tendency and a specific confidence interval (E no go better for Prof Mark grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin)
Well,in this jungle, make your mind dey am. Uche gi ga-adi ya fulltime. Now i have food, i am hungry but i don't have time to even cook next minute i am going to work...chai Oluwa Biko oooo.

K'emesia

SSamuelo:
[Oga eldee what are the challenges in bavaria i just applied for a course at tum.thanks. quote author=Eldeee post=76534693]

Berliner1 : 9:30am On Nov 23 , 2018
SooCute :
B2 should take you less than a year. But if you mingle and force yourself to speak (your cut and join German) you would eventually start making sense sooner.
Also depends on how much time you wanna put-in. I would advice you to start learning German from Nigeria. Throw yourself to it. Just like @hounorableseyi hinted, If yo come here bro/Sis you go ration your time ooo. Alot of wahala if you are doing Bachelors in Engineering( or STEM).
Time no go too dey plus course work, hustle go tie you down.
If you want soft small....avoid education in BAVARIA...i wouldn't say more than this..
Just laughing here about bavaria...where at the TUM fanatics?
Only one state with dramatic auslanderbehorde(foriegners office) and weirdo Uni...
My advice, learn basics German upto A2...look for mini job and face your studies 100%....look for internship or work student....dont com here for courses that are not marketable....during summer...work full time to save...prepare for life after studies....linkedin...xing etc.
Employers dont employ based on university ranking here....this is not UK or USA...dont come here for MBA as well...if one school is difficult transfer your credit to another uni.
God bless our hussle..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dikolisis: 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2019
AKUPSME:
Interview Feb 4th
AM March 14

Thanks everyone
Congratulations smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Dikolisis: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2019
Congratulations smiley
Ndkings1:
Thank you very much guys for the response.

I just got the confirmation email from them.

Danke noch einmal
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by WeirdinT: 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2019
Ohraykon:
bros wat was ur naija cpga? I want to apply for dis course also but my cpga 2.92 scares me
4.10. It's not restricted you can apply

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.