Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (600621 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Eldeee(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2019
Super congratulations @Obinnafrancis. Men you really finish work for embassy today. Your interview was really top notch bro. AM and visa just dey stew for your side now. Abeg leave Lagos jare come East come buy enough condiments for stomach infrastructure oooo, cos man must wack oooo.

Congratulobia my brother. Ji si ike nna. K'emesia

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
Seamareggae:

I applied last week between Wednesday nd Friday... Do you plan to wait before booking visa appointment or you plan to book now?
Me wey don book n got date already. I applied on the 4th of june

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Enephkay: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
I got 5k euro available for transfer directly to blocked account. Contact while offer last

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by OMOZ1(m): 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2019
Obinnafrancis:
MY TRANSCRIPT:

So I had my interview today July 1, 2019. Got to the embassy by 5:29am met one person but he was for Short term visa. So I was number one on the queue for Student visa. Paulinus then started calling....I attached all my photocopies at the back of the originals to make them easy to access....thanks to Nairaland and my brother that told me about this arrangement (NB: Don't staple them pls, use office pin holders to hold them). So I didn't have any wahala at all with oga paulinus.
Oga paulinus first checked in the short term visa people. They were 5 in number.
I was now told to go in for the interview. But before I went in for my interview , we were around 8 Students on the queue. Fast forward to me and Vo;

Me: Good morning
Vo: what are u here for?
Me: Student visa
Vo: Let me have all your documents
Me: Alright ma. Everything?
Vo: Yes
Me: (I gave her all apart from photo passports)
Vo: Can I have your passport?
Me : It's there with the documents (pointing to my International passport on her table)
Vo: No, I mean photo passport
Me: oh...I gave her 4, she returned back 2 apart from the one stapled on the form.
Vo: you are going for bachelors degree?
Me: yes ma
Vo: Have u not had your bachelors before?
Me: I have
Vo: Y another bachelor?
Me: I chose to do my second bachelor because of change in my career path. I currently own a startup business and this degree will increase my specialization in the chosen career and help me become an expert in the field. Again it will help me to run my company more confidently and professionally.
Vo: ok
Vo: Your email is.........(printed 2papers and gave me; confirm your data and sign)
Me: yes they are all correct ( then I signed on both)
Vo: put your 4fingers, right hand first and then your left hand
Mesad placed as requested)
Vo: Can i have your visa fee?
Me: (I gave her, she then counted and gave me a receipt of payment)
Vo: Alright. Lets start the interview now.
Me: ( for my mind nawaa oo...so interview never even started before!) Ok ma
Vo: oh you have funded?
Vo: which school are you going to?
Me: Trier University of Applied Sciences, Umwelt-campus Birkenfeld (NB: I was slow because she was typing what I was answering)
Vo: Umwelt-campus?
Me: yes ma.... that's Environmental campus in English
Vo: Course?
Me: Sustainable Business and Technology (bsc)
Vo: Why this course?
Me: this course will help me to build my business management and technological skills to enable me run my startup confidently, effectively and professionally.
Vo: Is the course in English?
Me: Yes it's taught completely in English
Vo: Do u speak German?
Me: No I don't.
Vo: What do u do?
Me: I own a startup business (I called the name and said I have my website and I have got it registered)
Vo: what is the company all about?
Me: it's an on-demand home services technology startup that connects individuals, homeowners and companies to their professional skilled workers.
Vo: Have u been to Germany before?
Me: No ma
Vo: Do u know anyone in Germany?
Vo: Have u applied for German visa before?
Vo: Have u applied for visa at all before?
Me: yes ma(Poland). Some years back.
Vo: why Germany?
Me: Higher education in Germany is among the best in the world(Then light went off, she said I should pause. After like 30seconds, light returned and she said ok continue). Universities in Germany are tuition free which is extended to us the international students. Also Germany is among the safest country to study for international students and I will also have the opportunity to learn a second language which is German and interact with other International Students.
Vo: Why not Nigeria?
Me: This kind of course that combines Business and Technology isn't obtainable in Nigeria. Secondly, we do more of theoritical learning than practical training so it won't help me to expertise in this field.
Vo: why not Uk, Canada or USA?
Me: Their tuition fees are very expensive. I can't afford it.
Vo: what do u know about Germany?
Me: Germany is located in central and Western Europe and it's capital is in Berlin. Germany is boarded by 9countries. Coming from North u have Denmark, down in the south u have Austria and Swiss, to the East u have Poland and Czech , from the West u have Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands, if you go down a bit at the south-west u have France (She was nodding her head; mind you I was using this North,south, East, west something to kill time small...lolz but all were very correct and I was saying them slowly). The German president is Frank Walter- Steinmeier and he is the head of state charged with representative responsibilities and power. The chancellor is Angela Dorothea Merkel, the head of government, charged with responsibility of discharging her executive duties through her cabinet. Coming down to the legislative; u have bundesrat headed by Daniel Gunther as the president and Bundestag u have Wolfgang Schauble as the president that oversees the daily session of the house. The reunification of Germany was on October 3 1990(she kept nodding her head). Berlin has the largest train station and Frankfurt has the 4th busiest airport in Europe(at this point my head couldn't remember anything. she said continue. I then said German chancellor office in Berlin is known locally as "Washing machine". Vo said what ? I repeated it but this time in a very low tone. She said don't say what you are not sure of. I come say sorry ma with small smiles and then I scratched my head). Immediately football entered my head and I began to flow once more... Germany have won world cup 4times...1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014. They have also hosted it twice..1974 and 2006. The Euro.....she then said it's ok.
Vo: So what's next after your studies?
Me: I will proceed for my master degree to be grounded in business and Technology. After which I will come back to Nigeria to re-establish my company professionally.
Vo: Alright that will be all .
Me: Thank you ma(I wanted to leave then I returned back, please ma can I ask a question)?
Vo: yes you are free.
Me: please I don't know my fate regarding this interview because am thinking of getting enrolled for German class .
Vo: for me u performed well in your interview but the decision is not only mine but anyway u can go ahead and enroll.
Me: Thank you very much ma.

Security people come dey tap me for small choppings as I dey leave, finally I dropped small tin for them. They tried for me anyway.
NB: I came out from the interview room around 7:45am. When I came out, the Students that were outside should be around 30. Though some might be for Certification. By my own calculation, I spent around 30 to 35mins with the Vo and I was interviewed by the lady in Room 2( Her style of hair be like dreadlock). To be sincere, she was very nice and friendly.
*On a lighter note...I no sleep last night...went to bed by 11:45pm and I set alarm for 3am on my 2phones(imagine). U know all these witch people fit remember person on a day like dis. Anyway they no see me shaa. Na so Lagos people dey suffer rain? It dealt with me shaa. Lagos una good morning! Make I do leave una.
Una welldone oo. Na so my interview waka take go.

Congrats AM fall on you bro, very nice Transcript, it would end praise for us.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by marisalfred: 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
I wrote to them and below was the feedback i got from them.

Dear Ms.........,

Thanks for your email.

In your case the study start will not be possible this year.

You are very welcome to apply again for next year's intake.

Kind regards,

Britta Simon
International Office

allinall:

Hello have u found solution to this problem i think i ad the same problem with you. please lets relate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by josiah132: 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
Just landed my A.L from university of Bremen today. Thanks to God..

9 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by marisalfred: 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
wow...congrats dear

[quote author=OMOZ1 post=79847129][/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Premiercare: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
Obinnafrancis:
MY TRANSCRIPT:

So I had my interview today July 1, 2019. Got to the embassy by 5:29am met one person but he was for Short term visa. So I was number one on the queue for Student visa. Paulinus then started calling....I attached all my photocopies at the back of the originals to make them easy to access....thanks to Nairaland and my brother that told me about this arrangement (NB: Don't staple them pls, use office pin holders to hold them). So I didn't have any wahala at all with oga paulinus.
Oga paulinus first checked in the short term visa people. They were 5 in number.
I was now told to go in for the interview. But before I went in for my interview , we were around 8 Students on the queue. Fast forward to me and Vo;

Me : It's there with the documents (pointing to my International passport on her table)
Me: oh...I gave her 4, she returned back 2 apart from the one stapled on the form.
Me: I chose to do my second bachelor because of change in my career path. I currently own a startup business and this degree will increase my specialization in the chosen career and help me become an expert in the field. Again it will help me to run my company more confidently and professionally.
Vo: Your email is.........(printed 2papers and gave me; confirm your data and sign)
Me: Trier University of Applied Sciences, Umwelt-campus Birkenfeld (NB: I was slow because she was typing what I was answering)
Me: this course will help me to build my business management and technological skills to enable me run my startup confidently, effectively and professionally.
Me: I own a startup business (I called the name and said I have my website and I have got it registered)
Me: it's an on-demand home services technology startup that connects individuals, homeowners and companies to their professional skilled workers.
Me: Higher education in Germany is among the best in the world(Then light went off, she said I should pause. After like 30seconds, light returned and she said ok continue). Universities in Germany are tuition free which is extended to us the international students. Also Germany is among the safest country to study for international students and I will also have the opportunity to learn a second language which is German and interact with other International Students.
Me: This kind of course that combines Business and Technology isn't obtainable in Nigeria. Secondly, we do more of theoritical learning than practical training so it won't help me to expertise in this field.
Me: Germany is located in central and Western Europe and it's capital is in Berlin. Germany is boarded by 9countries. Coming from North u have Denmark, down in the south u have Austria and Swiss, to the East u have Poland and Czech , from the West u have Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands, if you go down a bit at the south-west u have France (She was nodding her head; mind you I was using this North,south, East, west something to kill time small...lolz but all were very correct and I was saying them slowly). The German president is Frank Walter- Steinmeier and he is the head of state charged with representative responsibilities and power. The chancellor is Angela Dorothea Merkel, the head of government, charged with responsibility of discharging her executive duties through her cabinet. Coming down to the legislative; u have bundesrat headed by Daniel Gunther as the president and Bundestag u have Wolfgang Schauble as the president that oversees the daily session of the house. The reunification of Germany was on October 3 1990(she kept nodding her head). Berlin has the largest train station and Frankfurt has the 4th busiest airport in Europe(at this point my head couldn't remember anything. she said continue. I then said German chancellor office in Berlin is known locally as "Washing machine". Vo said what ? I repeated it but this time in a very low tone. She said don't say what you are not sure of. I come say sorry ma with small smiles and then I scratched my head). Immediately football entered my head and I began to flow once more... Germany have won world cup 4times...1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014. They have also hosted it twice..1974 and 2006. The Euro.....she then said it's ok.
Me: I will proceed for my master degree to be grounded in business and Technology. After which I will come back to Nigeria to re-establish my company professionally.
Me: Thank you ma(I wanted to leave then I returned back, please ma can I ask a question)?
Me: please I don't know my fate regarding this interview because am thinking of getting enrolled for German class .
Vo: for me u performed well in your interview but the decision is not only mine but anyway u can go ahead and enroll.

Security people come dey tap me for small choppings as I dey leave, finally I dropped small tin for them. They tried for me anyway.
NB: I came out from the interview room around 7:45am. When I came out, the Students that were outside should be around 30. Though some might be for Certification. By my own calculation, I spent around 30 to 35mins with the Vo and I was interviewed by the lady in Room 2( Her style of hair be like dreadlock). To be sincere, she was very nice and friendly.
*On a lighter note...I no sleep last night...went to bed by 11:45pm and I set alarm for 3am on my 2phones(imagine). U know all these witch people fit remember person on a day like dis. Anyway they no see me shaa. Na so Lagos people dey suffer rain? It dealt with me shaa. Lagos una good morning! Make I do leave una.

Congrats. Very detailed transcript. Receive your AM very soon in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by marisalfred: 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
lots of us are waiting for date oo

emeka2103:

Be patient dear it will come..there are lots of other people in your shoes too.
God go do am las las for all of us

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by glopatra(m): 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2019
Greatgrace19:
Hello y'all,
Please is there anyone applying to Kassel university thus winter section, I need help with an info on electrical and communication engineering.

I applied there through uniassist , but no news yet from the school
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by badmus306(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
Fabcol:
For summer, no its not time, application would begin from August/sept/oct,/Nov till jan15 while for winter most applications would end by July 15.. Check the schools you intended applying to.. Its not by parts
Hoschule Bonn Rhein Sieg Summer Application don close today sev cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by yemicoal(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
Good day guys, so I applied to tum whose deadline is 15th July, I sent my documents to uniassist but unfortunately I got a mail from them today concerning a document which they felt wasn’t properly notarized and I was told to resend by post, cause of the time frame I’m thinking of applying for the next session but my fear is will I have to pay 75€ again for the evaluation?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by atoeosato: 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2019
Anyone received congratulatory AL mail from deggendorf today? Pls can we relate.
pls email your no let's relate asap.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kratos14: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
Also planning to go to this UNI. Still waiting for AD though. Can I PM you ?

Obinnafrancis:
MY TRANSCRIPT:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by boywonder225: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
Glowing1:
Someone pls help me beg embassy to pls give me a date.. It's been 3wks now.. Wetin happen now, after waiting for AL now its date.. Which kind wahala be all this one self.

Hahah. I’m 6 weeks in and nothing yet. Trust the process

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2019
This warey school lol
badmus306:

Hoschule Bonn Rhein Sieg Summer Application don close today sev cheesy

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by precious225: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2019
I have sent u a pm
atoeosato:
Anyone received congratulatory AL mail from deggendorf today? Pls can we relate.
pls email your no let's relate asap.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by odimbannamdi(m): 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2019
Immafrank:
Greeting y'all,

I have said this before but will say it again, Applicants with good grades at least 3.5/5.0 should endeavour to apply to the ERASMUS MUNDUS schorlarship programmes (application starts around Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec and deadline is Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb of the following year depending on the course), ERASMUS MUNDUS gives you 1k euros monthly allowance, they pay health insurance, they give you travel allowance of about 3.5k euros, some of the schools link you with better companies for internship, they pay your tuition fees because sometimes, it is always a joint program whereby you might do 2 semesters in 2 different european countries and your last semester in Germany depending on the course. please dont let your grades and skills be wasting, most of these scholarships dont even have suitable applicants for the courses, you have upper hand if your Bsc is related to the ERASMUS Mundus course you will be applying to because you get a grade of 1 for that criteria. Your technical competences and your multicultural competencies also count. For me, i feel ERASMUS MUNDUS is more easier to get than DAAD scholarship.

I could remember applying jokingly to an ERASMUS Mundus master course online then which is to be done in 3 countries (Austria, France, Spain). My CGPA is 3.22/5.0 by the way... I submitted all my docs online, because it didnt cost me anything to do that. They later mailed me after the deadline that my application passed the 2 stages and they scheduled me for a skype interview(video). The professor i was skyping with was part of the admission committee, after all the whole interview, she said i was even lucky to have reached this stage that they had eliminated many students and that with all my documents she was seeing, i am competent for get the scholarship. "in my mind, i was like what did i submit?, 3.22 CGPA, 5 month SIWES, 1 year NYSC and 6 months internship at a same company, No programming skills which is needed for the course, No publications, few recommendation letters. No GRE/GMAT, No IELTS or TOEFL". But unfortunately, some days later, i was put on the waiting list that if anybody should drop out of the scholarship, they will give me but who rejects a scholarship? So if my average grade and skills could put me on the waiting list. You could get it!!!

Also, most of the ERASMUS applications are online whereby you only upload all neccessary documents on the portal meaning you dont need to send your docs to the school, some do interviews while some dont. And some of these ERASMUS courses are only starting for the first time with a span of 4-5 years.

Here is the link for ERASMUS MUNDUS course catalogue

https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/library/scholarships-catalogue_en

There was a girl on part 4 of this thread, she applied to a private university in Germany with no hope of funding, she posted all her documents to the school. She got the admission but the tuition fee was crazy, so she forgot about it, few weeks later, she got an email from the private university that she has been awarded a Kofi Anan Scholarship (fully funded). Scholarship she didnt apply for but she said she submitted her GRE result. Everything is God's grace, so its not juss about the grades sometimes. So always send all your academic docs when applying to courses whether self funded or not even if the school didnt ask. There is no crime in sending docs not required by the schools- I'm talking about admission in general now not about scholarship. This girl's university was private and the course had a scholarship, hence the story.

Futhermore, I see some people confused about Health Insurance... You dont need health insurance for your interview, you only need a travel health insurance when you get approval mail from the embassy and AXA Mansard is acceptable which is about 23k or so, there are other ones too. But When you get to Germany, you will need another Health insurance which is a prerequisite for your enrolment and residence permit.

Also, prepaid courier envelope is important, without it, you will be bounced from the gate. It is the courier envelope they will use to post your docs back whether acceptance or rejection even if you decided to pick your visa up yourself due to delay, only use DHL, UPS, FEDEX for your prepaid envelope.

I wish everybody approval both for visa and admission.

Tchuss.

God bless for you for this input.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by holadhayor1: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
No you dont have to pay for the charge again. If you check the attachment they sent you well, you'll notice you have the opportuinity of asking for a refund or send the outstanding document or rather apply for a new course free.
yemicoal:
Good day guys, so I applied to tum whose deadline is 15th July, I sent my documents to uniassist but unfortunately I got a mail from them today concerning a document which they felt wasn’t properly notarized and I was told to resend by post, cause of the time frame I’m thinking of applying for the next session but my fear is will I have to pay 75€ again for the evaluation?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Tommynaku: 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2019
Obinnafrancis:
MY TRANSCRIPT:

What a detailed transcript. Congratulation and wish you Heaven's Best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by epurepu(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
Fabcol:
For summer, no its not time, application would begin from August/sept/oct,/Nov till jan15 while for winter most applications would end by July 15.. Check the schools you intended applying to.. Its not by parts

I appreciate your response.

Danke!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Somstevee: 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2019
Babzeeman:
Thanks bro, I have gotten a date in August.

Please bro when did u apply for the interview and what was your start date
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by gbens2000(m): 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2019
MartinLawrenCe:
Today is Friday the last working day of June. Booked Category B since May 23rd. 1 month + , no date... Heavenly Father, give me your strength!
Same here bro cry m in severe pain and my enrollment due date is 31 August. I booked since May 25th , no date. I canceled two days ago and I re-applied again but still no date
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Boss733: 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2019
jide4lagos:

I sell AXA student health insurance. It is cheap and you will get your certificate instantly.

Send me a PM if you need one.

I need one
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MartinLawrenCe: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2019
gbens2000:

Same here bro cry m in severe pain and my enrollment due date is 31 August. I booked since May 25th , no date. I canceled two days ago and I re-applied again but still no date

Honestly it is sad...Trust me, I feel your pain bro... We have no control over this. At this point I am already considering my options incase date no show. I have even started researching on Norway... If they don't give Cat B dates then it is better to start planning ahead for other alternatives. Even me sef my enrolment deadline is very close... So I can't rely on the embassy anymore. I don't think they consider Cat B and if that is actually true, Norway is an option now

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by mightyokwy(m): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
Guys I'm booking appointment. I'm currently in Abuja, is it wise to choose Abuja for my interview or is Lagos better option. Also which category is best for me. I have 2.1 and i'm going for Bsc. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Boss733: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
Fabcol:
Yes, Nigeria

Don't tick it

Why won't he tick?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MartinLawrenCe: 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2019
boywonder225:

Hahah. I’m 6 weeks in and nothing yet. Trust the process

Hahahahaha... My brother, We dey the 6 weeks in together. 6 weeks in and counting cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2019
Abuja embassy no soft for student visa. Experiences have heard from there no soft..
mightyokwy:
Guys I'm booking appointment. I'm currently in Abuja, is it wise to choose Abuja for my interview or is Lagos better option. Also which category is best for me. I have 2.1 and i'm going for Bsc. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2019
Why would he tick
Boss733:

Why won't he tick?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MartinLawrenCe: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
@ LexRE feel free to ask questions here, don't go ghost mode. I know you have a question or 2.. Feel free Amigo grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by evergreen9: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2019
Obinnafrancis:
MY TRANSCRIPT:

Congrats, nicely written btw

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.