Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,917 members, 7,824,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (601560 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by OMOZ1(m): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2019
EkeneMiriam:
AL Alert....(2nd July)
HWR Berlin
Hs Kaiserslautern

I can't thank God enough, hopefully the remaining 2 will be positive mails so I can select. Keep believing!

What course in HWR Berlin and how do you get notification from them?
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2019
Statement of purpose / motivation letter
Timmie083:
Please what does SOP means?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Aque(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2019
Timmie083:
Please what does SOP means?

statement of purpose or motivation letter

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Obinnafrancis(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2019
EkeneMiriam:
AL Alert....(2nd July)
HWR Berlin
Hs Kaiserslautern

I can't thank God enough, hopefully the remaining 2 will be positive mails so I can select. Keep believing!

Congrats sis.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by chiboy429(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2019
pompido:

Hi Benjamin, let me know once you get the AL for CAU-Kiel, I can introduce you to the guys in the same program there and to the student body there in general.

Do not reject or cancel any course you already have AL for until you have spoken to people taking those course in those schools. It will help you make a better decision because in truth, anything Economics in Germany is for real men.
H
God bless...

I applied to CAU Kiel too, waiting for admission decision from them
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Obinnafrancis(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2019
Eromose08:
Please guyz some of my documents are laminated, hope it's not an issue when I go for my interview?

It's not an issue at all.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by OMOZ1(m): 11:11am On Jul 04, 2019
EkeneMiriam:
AL Alert....(2nd July)
HWR Berlin
Hs Kaiserslautern

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2019
Fabcol:
Its shouldnt be .. But stop laminating

Okay thanks Fabcol, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 11:22am On Jul 04, 2019
idrisaleo1:
Morning fellas, I wanna pay uni-assist fee, any willing helper in the house? Reach me on this number 01781659530. Danke sehr.
why not just use your ATM card it's straight forward and payment show paid immediately

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Philfit:

Are we allowed to staple?
And if we have already stalled would we be sent out?
no Paulinus we remove the staple and arrange it as he want but if you never staple E for make sense make U leave am no big deal about it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by 3T: 11:40am On Jul 04, 2019
evergreen9:
Can I use someone in Germany to find my blocked account? any recommendations?

Absoultely yes. If you can trust the person. Its easier and faster. Plus you get to avoid the bank charges for international transactions
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jola17: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2019
Hello, please is there anyone who applied to university of cologne?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by benjamin139: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2019
pompido:

Hi Benjamin, let me know once you get the AL for CAU-Kiel, I can introduce you to the guys in the same program there and to the student body there in general.

Do not reject or cancel any course you already have AL for until you have spoken to people taking those course in those schools. It will help you make a better decision because in truth, anything Economics in Germany is for real men.

God bless...

thanks brother for the advise . i will let you know as soon as the Al drops. uni assist sent my application to CAU- kiel yesterday for further consideration. will be expecting to hear from them anytime soon.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by vivianobas: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2019
Fabcol please I sent you a PM yesterday. I need your advice on a personal issue.

Respond to my PM biko nu.

Fabcol:
About the transcript girl, that was true
She is going for bsc and have just 100l transcript. The interview didnt hold because she booked under cat A
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cnwag: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
Yes...I did

Jola17:
Hello, please is there anyone who applied to university of cologne?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
Haa. Have responded oh..since!
Check your Spam
vivianobas:
Fabcol please I sent you a PM yesterday. I need your advice on a personal issue.

Respond to my PM biko nu.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ijaysexy: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
yes i applied in university of cologne , waiting for 16th july for their decision
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MicroMo: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hadampson:

Here is another one from adenjnr

Just that Jena is a University town and hustle might be difficult there but if you are more interested in academics..... its a good school by all standard.

What work for A might not work for B

Jena is okay for Pauluche but it's not for adenjnr.

My advice to you is that you should try and make friends with Germans and know where the association of Nigerian students is in Jena. Also, join the student group on facebook. With this, you go dey alright las las

I still maintain that if you are knowledgeable in German and you have Jena as a viable option please come because the city is absolutely inexpensive to live in and you will most likely get a student job either in the city or in neighboring cities. Conclusively as people will say ''everyone come life with e own head''.

This emboldened is from Pauluche. He emphasized on German. If you can converse in German language, you will surely get a job in Jena or neighboring cities.

He got an amazon job in Graben then. Maybe you should contact him for more information

we wey dey go berlin, na die we dey be that. I heard berlin is expensive

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jola17: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
ijaysexy:
yes i applied in university of cologne , waiting for 16th july for their decision
Has uni assist forwarded your application to them and is VPD required by the University?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jola17: 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
[quote author=Cnwag post=79933018]Yes...I did

[/quote
What's your status on uniassist showing and is VPD required? What documents were you asked to certify?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by EkeneMiriam: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2019
Accounting and Controlling... Just got a mail. Didn't have any contact with them prior to this. I applied through uni assist so they handled it.
OMOZ1:

What course in HWR Berlin and how do you get notification from them?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by ijaysexy: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
yes sir
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by clintonsparkz(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
Fabcol:
Haa. Have responded oh..since!
Check your Spam
Boss how is funding block account from Germany cheaper than funding here in Nigeria, is it just about the bank charges?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Cnwag: 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2019
Yes they have sent it to the school.. you don't need to send vpd to the school

[quote author=Jola17 post=79933978][/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by obibanks: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
Eromose08:
Please guyz some of my documents are laminated, hope it's not an issue when I go for my interview?

If I say Yes, can you do anything about it? My brother, y'all really need to calm your minds on certain things o

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by fogbu: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
Has anyone gotten Appointment Mail in the past 48 hours? This has become a scarce commodity under Category A. An update will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jola17: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2019
Cnwag:
Yes they have sent it to the school.. you don't need to send vpd to the school

Please what documents did you certify before sending?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Jola17: 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2019
ijaysexy:
yes sir
Please what documents did you certify?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Farakay10: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
Please those that applied to TUM...lets know ourselves o
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by djlaqua91(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
okpala95:
Hi Intending Potsdamers,

This is for your orientation.

Potsdam is a capital city. Just about 15 mins to Berlin. Its not a super interesting place to live in;
- It's a major abode of old and aged people who can't keep up with the youthful life style of Berlin. So they migrate to Potsdam cos it's kinda peaceful.

- The houses a quite cheap but very hard to find. Ranging from 270 upwards. Depends on your choice of apartment and what you are looking for.

- No tourist or recreation places to visit. Speaking from personal view, clubs are also hard to find (clubs are the major places to have fun, as far as i know) People mostly go to berlin to have fun. It's not like there's fun there sha.

- if you mingle with the right people, potsdam could be fun for you.

- UniPotsdam student ID covers transportation in Berlin and Brandenburg. (yes, you can move upandan fr free in these places)

- German foods are blank. No spice, no taste, total waste of energy and emotions.

- Nobody cares about you, so mind your business. Even if you fall from a stairs - they wouldn't care, it's not their business especially when your skin is black. But some people could care though.

- No one cares about your dressing as well - but it could pose a sort of attraction when you wear some pretty short dresses (i mean extra short and revealing) cos of your black skin. People literally look at you in disgust and become ashamed on your behalf. Although, right now, alot of people are walking about shirtless and bras alone. Wch is kind of a soothing sight to behold.. Even when they are not endowed undecided undecided

- Education is quite cool. Depends on your program. Mine is okay but very intensive. (you can't select how many courses to take in a semester - means that you spend exactly 2 years.. Except if you fail. And if you try to prolong the program.. People won't take you seriously cos also all the professors can recognise you. Especially during labs cos we're less than 25)
In some program, you can select and even prolong the duration of your program till Jesus Christ comes.

-Different faculties in different campus. E.g. Art and languages are in main campus AM neuen palais.

- Work is very very hard to get.. If you don't know German. Tbvh. Except you go to Berlin. Wch is not so far. But still hard to get kn berlin as well. It's good to know German. It's the in-thing now to get a job.

- Afro stores are available as well. Berlin and Potsdam. But bring your food (it can't be overemphasised. Especially when they sell packet of Maggi here for 5€.)

- oh yes.. Resident permit is 1yr. Yes.. 1 yr. That meins you have to blocked your account again or show some funds in your account for renewal of the permit. I don't know how much exactly. - people move to Berlin cos of this. Berlin gives 2yrs. But housing is freaking expensive there. About 400€ upwards. Then you have to move from Berlin to Potsdam fr classes - close to 30-45 mins depending on where you are.

- Sadly, i know nothing about Brandenburg or cottbus. Even though part of the region in Potsdam.

I hope this helps.
Pm your questions or ask them here.
PS.. I could reply late.

Thanks bro, let's link up. Just got an AL to Uni postdam today.
I wish every one success here.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Fabcol(m): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
And you would get cheaper rates compared to buying from aboki
clintonsparkz:
Boss how is funding block account from Germany cheaper than funding here in Nigeria, is it just about the bank charges?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by EkeneMiriam: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
Thank you!
Obinnafrancis:

Congrats sis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.