Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,085 members, 7,828,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 - Travel (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (605032 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (616) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
iPOD007:

You withdrew foreign currency?
From which bank please?

I need to know if both banks I am using have been scamming me.

All banks, though is preferable with the big weights like Zenith, First bank, GTB then Access. This is because ur withdrawal is dependent on availability of d currency, some banks would lie that d don't have d currency currently etc, so sometimes, u have to demand for it and not just accept any story especially a case where u deposited the money and withdrawing from the same branch and not just that it was transferred to u .
My experience yesterday was with Zenith bank.
Is simply d reason why u see people going for the tier A banks cos it can be complicated.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MartinLawrenCe: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
Kennyubah:

Hey brother please check your mail I just pm you.

Hey bro...I have been off for a while now. Feel free to ask me any question here if you've got some in order to benefit others that have similar questions.

Also, anyone who sent a pm I apologize for not replying earlier but I prefer interacting here.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Onaco: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hello fam, please what are job opportunities like for people like us who aint proficient in german at all and are going for Msc microbiology in Jena? I however, intend taking A1 classes before travelling.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2019
iPOD007:

No Nigerian bank will allow you withdraw foreign currency.

You can only deposit and transfer, You can never withdraw.

So just do all the calculations well before you deposit the funds.

Also, some banks allow you transfer all the amount in the Dom account and even take the transfer charges from a Naira account. Standard Chattered allows this.

For other banks, just deposit and know how much you can let go.

Cheers!
nor true I have withdraw from my dollar and euro account @ GTB many times brother.
I even did the last one in December from my euro account in Lagos even when the account was opened in PH
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by dailydolar(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
iPOD007:

You withdrew foreign currency?
From which bank please?

I need to know if both banks I am using have been scamming me.
yes they have been doing that please I have done that even with eco
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2019
Chriswazo:

My friend cancelled his June 12 date due to no admission yet, now you too.
Just June 12 alone, 2 slot cancelled and probably wasted.
We are doing ourselves and blaming embassy, until d start new system of booking like paying visa fees prior booking, this would keep reoccurring.
D thought it was only Cat B people that don't honor their Appointment.
As I write now, some are on verge of cancelling theirs too while many patient ones no come get date over 3 weeks of getting Admission.
Rat race, if you ask me and is all our fault, not embassy.
I think this is a simplistic way of analyzing the booking process and it’s problems.
People won’t book interview date in advance if there will always be available dates. People book in advance for the fear that there might not be date afterwards.
If we pay visa fee while booking it will limit booking without AL. Does this apply now? No, that means you have to do what you need to do legally in a system to survive (FYI I got AL in summer but I couldn’t get an interview date)
If there was a stricter measure to curb booking and canceling then maybe it will reduce but now people just do it anyhow,
Also one should cancel a week before the appointment date which I did so I didn’t waste any date. I know someone that got an interview date last week Friday for an interview this week Tuesday (just 4 days)
If we have to pay while booking, choose date ourselves and upload admission letter before your date is approved then maybe people won’t rush dates but for now. You can’t completely blame others for doing the necessary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MartinLawrenCe: 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2019
Chriswazo:

My friend cancelled his June 12 date due to no admission yet, now you too.
Just June 12 alone, 2 slot cancelled and probably wasted.
We are doing ourselves and blaming embassy, until d start new system of booking like paying visa fees prior booking, this would keep reoccurring.
D thought it was only Cat B people that don't honor their Appointment.
As I write now, some are on verge of cancelling theirs too while many patient ones no come get date over 3 weeks of getting Admission.
Rat race, if you ask me and is all our fault, not embassy.

I won't blame those that booked and cancelled to be honest. It is not their fault likewise The embassy, they know why they set the category thing, I can't say why but from my own view, they could have made it easier and better if they found a way for people to register for appointment with the school's admission letter in order to favor those who are legitly admitted already. I don't like this category thing honestly but it is not my decision. They know best.

Well I booked since May in Cat B... I ask myself if that time was not a good time to book for an appointment against August/September enrolment. If I don't get an appointment date, then when should I have booked for one? If people that booked since May don't end up getting dates then it is unbelievable... but I wan't to believe that they know what they are doing and they know the system better than us. All we can do is wait in my opinion as they said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MartinLawrenCe: 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
Bamstar007:

If we have to pay while booking, choose date ourselves and upload admission letter before your date is approved then maybe people won’t rush dates but for now. You can’t completely blame others for doing the necessary

Lol... True talk

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MissNK: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2019
This old doc carrying date of birth, is it really compulsory for interview? I can’t even find it on the checklist. I’ve searched and the only old document with my date of birth is my first international Passport.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by heybaby12(f): 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2019
iPOD007:

No Nigerian bank will allow you withdraw foreign currency.

You can only deposit and transfer, You can never withdraw.

Cheers!
You can withdraw, transfer, deposit.
Everything you do with your local account you can still do but there are limits.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by seungold1929: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2019
MissNK:
This old doc carrying date of birth, is it really compulsory for interview? I can’t even find it on the checklist. I’ve searched and the only old document with my date of birth is my first international Passport.
Its not in the checklist but Paulinus will ask for it.
Do you have state of origin certificate older than 5yrs?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Chriswazo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2019
Bamstar007:

I think this is a simplistic way of analyzing the booking process and it’s problems.
People won’t book interview date in advance if there will always be available dates. People book in advance for the fear that there might not be date afterwards.
If we pay visa fee while booking it will limit booking without AL. Does this apply now? No, that means you have to do what you need to do legally in a system to survive (FYI I got AL in summer but I couldn’t get an interview date)
If there was a stricter measure to curb booking and canceling then maybe it will reduce but now people just do it anyhow,
Also one should cancel a week before the appointment date which I did so I didn’t waste any date. I know someone that got an interview date last week Friday for an interview this week Tuesday (just 4 days)
nobody is blaming anyone, i know someone here that has cancelled AD twice now, yet he still wants AD.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bamstar007: 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2019
MissNK:
I almost forgot about this... I don’t have such old doc (All my documents got so wet and spoilt during one of those long unnecessary ASUU strike that started like play during my UG days)
Can I use my voters card, did it 2010 or 2011
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by babatea10(m): 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

Wow.. so bro, are you saying everyone here who got admitted used their original for enrollment and not the student copy?
means I have to find a way to extract that my transcript from exams and records for use during the entire process. problem is my school (FUNAAB) don't hand transcripts directly to students.
Send me a PM,I graduated from there,I’ll give you a sure contact that helped me..
Cheers
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by legionnaire(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
walexy06:

Hmmm... Schmalkalden! I applied Dr too n was told to hold on till latest next week for final decision to be sent out. Is your course restricted as well?

They did not specify. Only told me in the rejection letter that they had a lot of applications angry

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 06, 2019
MartinLawrenCe:

Hey bro...I have been off for a while now. Feel free to ask me any question here if you've got some in order to benefit others that have similar questions.

Also, anyone who sent a pm I apologize for not replying earlier but I prefer interacting here.

Okay no prob bro

Any headway with the Norway ish
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Omoawoke: 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
NathyBongos:
sure,was given Lagos for same August but I cancelled and rebooked again as am always in Abuja..

Has anyone been successful interviewed in Abuja
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by evergreen9: 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2019
Fabcol:
Nope u can't
Four-eight weeks

Thanks, hey house, what's the motivation letter format like? I would like to see some samples so I can have a better idea on how to write an acceptable well formatted motivation letter.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Omoawoke: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2019
walexy06:

Nice.. Applied on 4th June too... Sorry wen b ur course deadline?

15th June, Materials science and simulation

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by olamzq: 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2019
My people My people I had my interview on 2 July, 2019. Forgive my summarized transcript.

I got to the embassy around 5.30am. Later others arrived. I met two guys in queue and the security guys.
They checked appointment letters and stamped on it around 6.30. Paulinus arrived around 7am and started calling us in. And as he called, I arranged my documents. Original and then photocopy, photocopy. After that was the security check before proceeding to the interview area
Waited for some time before I was called into counter 2.
VO went thro my documents, gave me forms to sign and asked me basic questions like

Have you blocked ??
Mention few course title for your last year in school ?
What is the name of your skul?
Master or bachelors?
What is the name of ur course?
What’s the course all about ??
What is the topic of your undergraduates thesis?
Title of ur bachelor's degree program?
Why Germany?
Why not Nigeria?
Why not UK, US, Canada or any English speaking countries?
Why this course?
What do you intend to do after your program? No story pls
What do you know about Germany?
What do you know about the German economy?
Mention other countries that speak German ?
Do you have friends or relative in Germany?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by MartinLawrenCe: 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2019
Kennyubah:

Okay no prob bro

Any headway with the Norway ish

I am on it bro. I will send you a pm from my findings on it this coming week since it is not related to this thread...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Kratos14: 11:46pm On Jul 06, 2019
MicroMo:
Cancel, and book by 1am. It worked for me. I got a date 72 hours later

Bro abeg wen u do dis n wetin b ur start up date ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2019
MissNK:
If the passport is older than 5yrs, hold it to the interview
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 11:57pm On Jul 06, 2019
Omoawoke:

15th June, Materials science and simulation
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2019
Bamstar007:

I almost forgot about this... I don’t have such old doc (All my documents got so wet and spoilt during one of those long unnecessary ASUU strike that started like play during my UG days)
Can I use my voters card, did it 2010 or 2011
Good to go. I'm using my national ID card slip I got in February 2014

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by walexy06(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2019
legionnaire:

They did not specify. Only told me in the rejection letter that they had a lot of applications angry
All is well.. Others will surely shine on you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Deustchemann(m): 12:00am On Jul 07, 2019
olamzq:
My people My people I had my interview on 2 July, 2019. Forgive my summarized transcript.
Congratulations bro . AM in a jiffy

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Magma012: 12:07am On Jul 07, 2019
AM fall on you! Soon

olamzq:

I got to the embassy around 5.30am. Later others arrived. I met two guys in queue and the security guys.
They checked appointment letters and stamped on it around 6.30. Paulinus arrived around 7am and started calling us in. And as he called, I arranged my documents. Original and then photocopy, photocopy. After that was the security check before proceeding to the interview area
Waited for some time before I was called into counter 2.
VO went thro my documents, gave me forms to sign and asked me basic questions like

Have you blocked ??
Mention few course title for your last year in school ?
What is the name of your skul?
Master or bachelors?
What is the name of ur course?
What’s the course all about ??
What is the topic of your undergraduates thesis?
Title of ur bachelor's degree program?
Why Germany?
Why not Nigeria?
Why not UK, US, Canada or any English speaking countries?
Why this course?
What do you intend to do after your program? No story pls
What do you know about Germany?
What do you know about the German economy?
Mention other countries that speak German ?
Do you have friends or relative in Germany?

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by olamzq: 12:09am On Jul 07, 2019
Kingzy4pep:
Please has anyone gotten AL from CAU Kiel?
Seems they are really slow.
Got AL from Kiel two to three weeks ago
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by DeutschMariano: 12:09am On Jul 07, 2019
oluwafemi88:
I open a block account through fintiba
But am surprise the total amount calculated for me to transfer is 8942 Euro
Why is it high like that compare to the expected
8642 Euro
When you were opening the account, you chose the Fintiba Plus package instead of the Fintiba Basic. You'll have to send them an email requesting that they change you to basic.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by epurepu(m): 12:11am On Jul 07, 2019
Hadampson:

University of Heidelberg

University of Bremen

FU Berlin

LMU Munich

Big big thanks bro.

But I saw in the requirements that Munich and Bremen will have to conduct a test in Germany before admission.... Or is it just for Biochemistry?

With that condition, I wouldn't even bother applying to the two schools.

I will do that of Bremen this week.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 by Bigpapa080: 12:32am On Jul 07, 2019
Cashmanbreeze:

Tuition free?
No.i have to pay state fee

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (616)

Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.