Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? (1742 Views)

Does Any Yoruba State Buy Innoson Cars? Why Is The Igbo Man Hated? / Is There Any Yoruba On This Space Supporting Peter Obi / MURIC: Any Yoruba Christian Presidential Candidate will lose in 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by olawalepopoola: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
I am really baffled by the way the Igbos are trying to claim other people's land. Other tribes accommodate them politically?
In history we have heard Ibos in Yoruba political spheres and some of them even working in our states civil services. Some years back in Jigawa State an Igbo was made a special adviser to the Governor Sule Lamido, but they can't do so Hausa/Fulani in their region.
My question is, has an Yoruba occupied political positions in the five Southeastern states of Nigeria? If not Iqgbos are more tribalistic than any tribe in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Amarabae(f): 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2019
And how many Yoruba men have contested in the east?
Tell me how many Yoruba men have been in political position in the north east and north west?
So what's your point?
Leave Igbos alone.
Mkpi ohia,
Ezi ofia

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Tyche(m): 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2019
Kill yourself Op.

6 Likes

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by sammyj: 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2019
They will rather kill you than to make that happen. It's called allu abomination in their land!! shocked
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by ItzChinnex(m): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2019
Stupid thread.. I bet you, no body will comment here. Your aim is already defeated.

Please this is a mumu thread, no body should bother answering him

1 Like

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by oyebanji44: 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2019
CAPITAL NO l"m fed up with them

1 Like

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by olawalepopoola: 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2019
The truth is that Igbos don't accommodate others yet want to rule others and take possession of their lands. TRUTH IS REALLY BITTER

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Iamkuttie(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2019
Another Tribalistic animal spotted.
Seun, Mynd44 come and ban this Tribal bigot, he just broke Nairaland Rule 2.
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by limeta(f): 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2019
Yoruba do not go past ss
Op move to the east buy or build a house even and be a part of the community
Untill yorubas start to include the east as equal part of nigeria the answer is none

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by olawalepopoola: 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2019
Iamkuttie:
Another Tribalistic animal spotted.

Seun, Mynd44 come and ban this Tribal bigot, he just broke Nairaland Rule 2.
Igbos that is the reality. Has any Yoruba had political seat in the East? Answer Yes or No. Ban me I don't care. TRUTH IS VERY BITTER. DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO TO YOU. SHIKE A

1 Like

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by raumdeuter: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2019
Who wants to go to a barren land

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Episteme2(m): 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:

Igbos that is the reality. Has any Yoruba had political seat in the East? Answer Yes or No. Ban me I don't care. TRUTH IS VERY BITTER. DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO TO YOU. SHIKE A
Should they gift you the seat? How many of your kingsmen have run and failed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by allenbaker5(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2019
I think the right question should be how many have contested and lost.
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by naijapips04: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2019
Has any igbo won a political post in ekiti, Ondo, Osun, ogun and oyo?

dude lagos is a no man's land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by worriedguy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:
I am really baffled by the way the Igbos are trying to claim other people's land. Other tribes accommodate them politically?
In history we have heard Ibos in Yoruba political spheres and some of them even working in our states civil services. Some years back in Jigawa State an Igbo was made a special adviser to the Governor Sule Lamido, but they can't do so Hausa/Fulani in their region.
My question is, has an Yoruba occupied political positions in the five Southeastern states of Nigeria? If not Iqgbos are more tribalistic than any tribe in Nigeria.
have any yoruba contested an election in the east
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by toolovely(m): 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:

So Igbos will come to your community and drag you to the east to give you appointment?

How many Yorubas are living in the east? If not because of the oil companies in the SS region which they are subtly dominating now, you still won't find them there.
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by olawalepopoola: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2019
naijapips04:
Has any igbo won a political post in ekiti, Ondo, Osun, ogun and oyo?

dude lagos is a no man's land.
Land grabbers. Ole oshi.
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Afamed: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:
Ask Blanca, she was called all sort of name simply because she wanted to contest election at Nnewi
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by merryossai(m): 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2019
Let's have some sense and for once drop this our tribalistic biases! post like this causes divide, that's why Yoruba people settled for buhari even when they know he's not working because he's with osinbanjo who's a Yoruba. whatever decision we make because of tribe in this election, we must reap its reward for 4 years.....meanwhile am articulated weather loosing or winning.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Xisnin(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2019
Mr. Tribalist.
This is not the time for this discussion.
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by olawalepopoola: 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2019
Tell Igbos to shed stupid mentality. They are not accommodating. No other tribe can be allowed in their civil service yet they are given jobs in Yorubaland.
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2019
And how many yorubas has fear allowed to travel out of SW? Bunch of cowards! Osinbajo that is VP is almost useless there except for tradermoni he is sharing
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Boss13: 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:

How are old are you? Are you aware Lagos was Nigerians capital and a cosmopolitan city? I think you were not born when the capital moved to Abuja. What is your own opinion about Abuja where all Nigerians reside in the city
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:
Tell Igbos to shed stupid mentality. They are not accommodating. No other tribe can be allowed in their civil service yet they are given jobs in Yorubaland.

Lagos is a no man's land. You can kill yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Ugosample(m): 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:

look at this one

Aboki has held office in the east b4

they have the numbers

unfortunately yourbas tho present in the east, do not have the significant numbers to do so.

and many who are based there are not even interested in running for office

We as igbo on the other hand are stakeholders in Lagos, and we will exert that power as stakeholders
the same way other stake holders do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Skmoda360(m): 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2019
sammyj:
They will rather kill you than to make that happen. It's called allu abomination in their land!! shocked
I dey tell you....tribalistic mofos
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by olawalepopoola: 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2019
Ugosample:

look at this one

Aboki has held office in the east b4

they have the numbers

unfortunately yourbas tho present in the east, do not have the significant numbers to do so.

and many who are based there are not even interested in running for office

We as igbo on the other hand are stakeholders in Lagos, and we will exert that power as stakeholders
the same way other stake holders do
Name the Abokis I wish to learn please?
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by odili20(m): 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2019
My Brother chance dey hey for East for you but you no go come who go pay your house rent and feed you? Because we no be like Ina wey una mama dey feed and come dey live your papa house dey disturb tenants daughters and wives.
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Kingnap(m): 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:

. ... 2 questions.... Have you lived in the east before and did you contest and they denied you?.... You can't live in Lagos as a Yoruba man and contest elections in the east. Before you can contest election you must have stayed in the place for a period of time, understand the culture and even the language...... Guy use your upper ooo
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by GMIS: 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:
The truth is that Igbos don't accommodate others yet want to rule others and take possession of their lands. TRUTH IS REALLY BITTER

The First Mayor of Enugu was won by a Northerner in the Head quarters of Eastern Nigeria.
Don't be bitter pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi Holding INEC Staff Hostage SOS / The 'coup' Against CP Wakili Mohammed Of Kano / Ohanaeze Ndigbo List Out Names Of 3 Best Performing Governors In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.