Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? (1737 Views)

Does Any Yoruba State Buy Innoson Cars? Why Is The Igbo Man Hated? / Is There Any Yoruba On This Space Supporting Peter Obi / MURIC: Any Yoruba Christian Presidential Candidate will lose in 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by coolzeal(m): 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:
The truth is that Igbos don't accommodate others yet want to rule others and take possession of their lands. TRUTH IS REALLY BITTER
No one point a gun to your head and forcefully ask you to sell your lands to them.

In addition, if you're not a coward.. Why can't you conquer the commerce in the East? Oh less I forgot, you can't compete. Damn!
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by obaataaokpaewu: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:

Igbos that is the reality. Has any Yoruba had political seat in the East? Answer Yes or No. Ban me I don't care. TRUTH IS VERY BITTER. DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO TO YOU. SHIKE A
Lol

So a Yoruba man will be in Ogbomosho and Igbos from let's say Enugu will come and dash him HOA/HOR seat? Lol
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by sammyj: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2019
......................... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
..................................... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Skmoda360:

I dey tell you....tribalistic mofos
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Hedonisst: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:
I am really baffled by the way the Igbos are trying to claim other people's land. Other tribes accommodate them politically?
In history we have heard Ibos in Yoruba political spheres and some of them even working in our states civil services. Some years back in Jigawa State an Igbo was made a special adviser to the Governor Sule Lamido, but they can't do so Hausa/Fulani in their region.
My question is, has an Yoruba occupied political positions in the five Southeastern states of Nigeria? If not Iqgbos are more tribalistic than any tribe in Nigeria.

Your head is full of water. How many businesses and properties do Yoruba people have in the South East?

The Yorubas only come to the South East for NYSC, or for government jobs when they use parapo nepotism to get such jobs. They don't settle down to do business. Whose fault is that? Is anyone chasing them away?

There's no house, hotel, big business, etc that is owned by a Yoruba man anywhere on the South East. Compare that to what the Igbos own in the South West and then see why your thread is very stupid.

The Igbos have a stake in the South West (especially Lagos), while the Yorubas have ZERO stake in the South East. Money is power. If my money is in your ass, then I own a stake in your smelly ass. Economically, politically, and otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by quatum: 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2019
We don't need SE, is not a conducive habitat
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Wilstino: 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:
I am really baffled by the way the Igbos are trying to claim other people's land. Other tribes accommodate them politically?
In history we have heard Ibos in Yoruba political spheres and some of them even working in our states civil services. Some years back in Jigawa State an Igbo was made a special adviser to the Governor Sule Lamido, but they can't do so Hausa/Fulani in their region.
My question is, has an Yoruba occupied political positions in the five Southeastern states of Nigeria? If not Iqgbos are more tribalistic than any tribe in Nigeria.

This is a lame thing to say. Has any white man contested for election in lagos or any yoruba land?? Why are there yorubas vying or even occupying political offices in the western countries I.e US and UK??

This is because they are more civilized and understand diversity. Same is happening in lagos, it is most civilized and diverse in Nigeria. This same trend will trickle down to other states its just a matter of time I bet you..

This also the effect of globalization.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by capitalzero: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:

has any igbo tasted any elective post in South west apart from lagos?
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by capitalzero: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2019
Wilstino:

This is a lame thing to say. Has any white man contested for election in lagos or any yoruba land?? Why are there yorubas vying or even occupying political offices in the western countries I.e US and UK??

This is because they are more civilized and understand diversity. Same is happening in lagos, it is most civilized and diverse in Nigeria. This same trend will trickle down to other states its just a matter of time I bet you..

best explanation
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by capitalzero: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2019
olawalepopoola:
Tell Igbos to shed stupid mentality. They are not accommodating. No other tribe can be allowed in their civil service yet they are given jobs in Yorubaland.

why should they be accommodating? was there any national reconciliation after civil war?
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Ugosample(m): 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2019
coolzeal:
No one point a gun to your head and forcefully ask you to sell your lands to them.

In addition, if you're not a coward.. Why can't you conquer the commerce in the East? Oh less I forgot, you can't compete. Damn!

igbo sell lands to non Igbos as well tho.

it's just that the yorubas there are mostly not keen on buying

they are okay renting.

if a yoruba guy wants to buy land, he will see to buy

there is no sentiment in money matter
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Ugosample(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
capitalzero:

why should they be accommodating? was there any national reconciliation after civil war?

I think Igbos are more accommodating than they used to be tho

many non Igbos throng to Onitsha these days
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by aljharem(m): 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
capitalzero:

has any igbo tasted any elective post in South west apart from lagos?

lagos is south west
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2019
[s]
Wilstino:

[/s]

You lack sense
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by SouthEastFacts: 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2019
quatum:
We don't need SE, is not a conducive habitat
Compare the number of people that have died or injured in the SW since campaign opened in November to that of SE and then come back.

Again, don't forget to compare the crime rate in the two regions.
Re: Has Any Yoruba Tasted Political Seat In The East? by Jlow2: 10:39pm On Feb 23, 2019
When you don't travel and see you can't conquer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Should Pick Up The Phone And Congratulate President Atiku / Tinubu Respects Me As President Buhari’s Political Son – Yahaya Bello / Picture Bad Flood In Owerri Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.