Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? (570 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / My Journey Into heaven / Tithe: Does God Accept A Tithe Paid From A Gambling Profit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by favoureyo: 2:49am On Feb 24, 2019
A soldier is the man or woman who fights for their government and carries the weapons, risking their life in the process.

In the process of fighting, they commits a lot of atrocities like killing, bombing, taking peace away from people and even damaging the earth created by God.

Now with this kind of lifestyle my question is, will soldiers ever makes HEAVEN?

Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by pointblank247(m): 3:45am On Feb 24, 2019
Just in case you don't know, God is not a civilian, check out some of his titles if you read the Bible
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by Damsgold1(m): 4:29am On Feb 24, 2019
The imaginary heaven abi?

Yes, He will go to hell just the way those whose beliefs are different from christains or muslims will rot in hell.

Nota Bene, Soldiers are trained to protect and die for their country. Hell or Heaven ain't part of the programming.
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 24, 2019
favoureyo:
A soldier is the man or woman who fights for their government and carries the weapons, risking their life in the process.

In the process of fighting, they commits a lot of atrocities like killing, bombing, taking peace away from people and even damaging the earth created by God.

Now with this kind of lifestyle my question is, will soldiers ever makes HEAVEN?
That is a tough one!
Well soldiers are fighting for human governments and they follow orders from their imperfect commanders. So even if the order is unrighteous a trained soldier must "obey the last order" given by an IMPERFECT superior officer.
Christians are also soldiers but spiritual ones,therefore unlike the worldly soldiers our battle never targeted at destroying human lives but against unseen intelligent beings. Ephesians 6:12
So after the ascension of Christ Jesus,whoever takes up PHYSICAL weapons again for any reason whatsoever is disobeying God's son! Matthew 26:52! wink wink wink According to John 3:16 such individuals have a terrible case to face before God! embarassed embarassed embarassed
There shouldn't be division amongst God's people after they have accepted Christ{Isaiah 2:1-4} but Satan is working tirelessly behind the scene to make sure most pagans will imagine they're Christians even claiming born again! 2Corinthians 4:4
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by jrobbins: 6:30am On Feb 24, 2019
hmmn

so people still believe in "heaven stories"
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by hakeem4(m): 6:40am On Feb 24, 2019
To be honest there is no afterlife.

Now let us break down this scenario. I think the soldier man will make heaven because if “god” the person judging him drowned a whole planet and he’s still the called the merciful and benevolent god, why will he then decide to send a soilder to hell for killing and protecting his nation.
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On Feb 24, 2019
favoureyo:

GOD knows the heart of every soldier: the deceived, the kind, the just, the ignorant, the wicked.. He knows them all.
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by InansBobo(m): 9:37am On Feb 24, 2019
I thought as much on this matter when my pastor prayed for an army guy who came to testify of God's preservation and the pastor prayed and said "be empowered to delete the enemies of the nation"

HigherEd, codeTemplar can you help?
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by Maxi3k(m): 9:58am On Feb 24, 2019
Doesn't your god do the same thing
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by Ihedinobi3: 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2019
Anyone who believes in the Lord Jesus is saved.

As for the military profession, there is not one place in the Bible where it is condemned by the Lord. Additionally, defense of one's nation is a civic duty sanctioned by God. It is therefore not sinful at all to be a soldier.

As for violence in general, Luke 22:36 teaches that self-defense and protection of oneself from unlawful attacks is a duty to the Lord Himself.
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by Deckline(m): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
Another stupid thread! ! !
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by CodeTemplar: 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2019
favoureyo:

The thing crossed my mind not too long ago also.
Paul was like an law enforcement officer of his time persecuting the saints and when Jesus finally arrested him on his way to Damascus, Jesus asked him why he was persecuting Him(Jesus). I think a soldier that makes a wrong judgement can be punished by God. Even a general that misleads his foot soldiers to attack a non-offending people should face God's judgement.
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by Zither(m): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
A resounding YES. They will make heaven provided they are just in their duty.

When John the baptist was preaching repentance soldiers enquired what they should do to repent, then he replied, "Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages" (Luke 3:14) NKJV. As long as they do not use their office to commit atrocities or victimize individuals, and if they follow God closely they will make heaven.

If soldiers would not make heaven why then did God send an angel to direct Cornelius, a Roman soldier, to send his men for Peter? The Bible said he was a devout man who feared God and prayed to God always. The Bible also recorded that Cornelius and his household feared God. Read Acts chapter 10.

In the book of Luke chapter 7, Jesus responded to the faith of a Centurion, whose servant was sick and at the point of death, by saying He had not seen such great faith in Israel. If a soldier had the faith for healing which God honoured, would the same God deny his faith to make heaven? Surely not! It is also written, Jesus said, "But whoever denies me before men, him I will also deny before my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 10:33) NKJV.

Every nation MUST have military to defend the nation from external attacks as well as to help in quelling crisis in the nation. That is a fact. How the soldiers go about their primary duty, especially those of the Christian Faith, is what determines whether they make heaven or not.
Re: WILL GOD ACCEPT A SOLDIER MAN INTO HEAVEN? by orisa37: 6:29pm On Feb 24, 2019
God judges all human beings, including Soldiers, on Covenants, Contracts and Agreements fulfilled and broken by them.
In Nigeria, GOWON, OBJ, IBB will make Heaven..

(1) (Reply)

Don't Blame Muhammad For Marrying 6-year-old Aisha / Conversion Therapy Organization Founder Comes Out As Gay: 'please Forgive Me' / Why We Discouraged Our Members From Watching TELEVISION - Pastor W.f.kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.