Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? (8975 Views)

10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / Married Ladies->how Was Your First Day In Your Matrimonial Home? / Do Married Men Go Home After Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by googles: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2010
mutter:

I became a mother in law six years ago and I can tell you it is no easy task especially when the woman involved is difficult to handle.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

hmm i used to think you were young and newly married undecided

oh well, good to know you are err . . . you smiley
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by lovelynk(f): 12:02am On Aug 30, 2010
thanks Mutter.
u advise ur daughter in law with love and patience,u assure her she is a part of the family no matter,but in this case of another family the only advice u have is for the girl to be kicked out.in other words she was never a part of the family.why dont u advise ur son to kick his wife out when she errs?i think that will be a permanent solution to her erring.he will get a perfect wife that will never err.

I have nothing whatsoever against a mom in law going to her son either sick or in good health,what i fault is ur jumping to the conclusion that the wife should be kicked out.It is not the best advise here.if we all walk out of our marriages and kick out our spouse at each provocation no one will be married.But like mentioned wt love and patience all things could be worked out and if they arent worked out then we might begin to consider such drastic measures.
if u still insist the first thing to do is to kick out/walk out fine for u.i will never follow such advise because u come here to give such advise but go to ur house to advise ur kids to work things out wt love and patience.u want to kip ur childrens homes intact but want to break other peoples homes.
It wont work.
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by mutter(f): 12:37am On Aug 30, 2010
lovelynk
She still remains my DIL and I still have a great relationship with her but the marriage does not exist any longer.
But that is another topic that I will not want to go into here.
Suffice it to say that the marriage had broken up irretrievably.
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by lovelynk(f): 2:11am On Aug 30, 2010
Good for u,ur son and ur daughter in law.
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by blank(f): 5:00am On Aug 30, 2010
I want to be the kind of MIL mine is to me.
That way, if my son should ask if his mum can come even if it is not for health reasons, she will jump at it.
Maybe cos i saw my grandma interfere so much in my parents marriage that i am very adamant on no external forces in my marriage.
When my dad put his foot down, my grandma did all manner of manipulations to get my dad to throw out my mum cos of her.
Thank God for Christ cos it was Christ that made them stand together during that trying period.
From her own experiences, my mum finds it difficult to even ask how things r in our marriage and rebukes me if i even complain for 1 sec.

My MIL had a MIL that showed her so much love and would always cook for her and buy her gifts and that is what she does for me.
U think if any of these 2 women want to come and stay that either my husband or i will kick against it? NOWAY.
This is cos they have proved dat they want BOTH our success not just their own child.
Cos they av come to realise once both are happy, the child in question will be happy.
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 30, 2010
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 30, 2010
Very wise words from Chaircover. Thanks for your brilliant contribution, a lot of Nairalanders, both male and female will do well to heed your advice.
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by melidee: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2010
i am western woman who luvs her Nigerian mother inlaw more then her own mother why? because she brought up a boy who is now a man he is respectable, educated to a certin degree and he knows how to treat his family here in the uk and Nigeria. My mother in law is not rich but she never asked us for anything which makes me wont to give give and give.
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by melidee: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2010
I have heard stories where by motherin lawsw can be nasty muniplitive creatures throw the wife out of marital home and all that kind of stuff
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by softgirl1: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2010
@ Mutter i wonder d way u address this issue are u sure u are a woman married to a man hum i pity ur brother's wife o, anyway u need to read some christian books that will teach u dat kicking a woman out of the house does not solve issues what if the man take to ur advise go ahead to mary another woman and she turn out to be a monster that will even do anting to kill his mother for her peace? at least this one still said her mind.
@ poster cos some woman has lost thier homes to these motherinlaws some of dem come to the house to disorganise an organise home i don't hate my mother inlaw but am not sure i can stay too long like say 3month with her under the same roof it is beta to seperate dem cos u can't believe wat will happen afterwards
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by malaika(f): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2010
:/
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by AudreyI(f): 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2010
I agree that in many cases the hatred a girl has for her mil may be unjustified, but there are always two sides to very story...
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
My mother In Law started hating me first. When i saw she was implacable i started reciprocating. Now we don't even hide it. And i can never like her again, i won't even treat my son's wife half the way she treats me. All the same she is now getting a dose of her own medicne.
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
melidee: i am western woman who luvs her Nigerian mother inlaw more then her own mother why? because she brought up a boy who is now a man he is respectable, educated to a certin degree and he knows how to treat his family here in the uk and Nigeria. My mother in law is not rich but she never asked us for anything which makes me wont to give give and give.

better you! My mother in law is rich but she is always demanding and demanding. Even forcing my husband to pay for her holiday trips to America.
Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by cuteeme: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
mutter:
Chaircover there are somethings that are not subject to compromise or negotiation.
Diplomacy works where negotiable issues are involved.
Certain actions call for immediate , non negotiable and clear solutions.

The answer to your question is that the man has take his mother immediately, if the wife is not ready to play along, he needs to kick her out.
Every other thing that evolves from that will be dealt with.
If it means the end o the marriage do let it be.
It is the woman that wants it ended.
She has the option.
You try going to tell your mum she cannot pack in because of your husband.
In fact I blame the man for not having made it clear from the start.

Wow u sound like one whose mother is being sidelined by your brother's wife, and you are in severe pains cos of that, you will get better dear, i was once in your shoes.

Re: Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much? by cuteeme: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
Loveaflame:
I think it is due to the ugly experiences many have had with there mother-in-laws.Of a truth some can be very cruel.Many are however intimidated by their sons wives.You know a kind of jealousy.

You wives see your husbands as your man but they see them as the babies they held in hand while growing.To them your husbands are still their babies come rain come sunshine.

Many wives lack understanding of how to treat their mother-in-laws.You need wisdom to deal and cope with their attitudes a times

.My mother never called my wife a wife until after some years into our marriage that did not make my wife to quarrel with her one day when we lived with her for two years.

You don't need to hate them just become their friends by all mean and pray for favour with them.
My MIL is the best and am lucky to have her. Ever since the day her son introduced me to this woman, mind you her son is the last born and most successful amongst her children, she has been calling me his WIFE and no she didn't pick me for her son in fact we never knew each other, just dat we happen to bear same names, of which is inconsequential. Whenever am broke she is ready to part her own money for me, how many MILs can do that to their DILs, but their own is to collect, even when they collect they will complain, and wait for you to buy the most expensive wrappers in the market for them, something their own daughters may not do. This woman can call me for Africa, to he point that i get irritated, just to say hello o, and ask after my well being, chai if not my mum is my idol, na dis woman all day. Oh God bless that woman let her continue to reap from me and her son and children, when an MIL shows her good side it will be foolish for a DIL to misbehave. In DIL will be pushing the husband to care for his parents more. We shud stop waiting for DILs to take the centre stage. Good character should not be vested on one person. Good bless my MIL MIL and every other good MIL out there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? / Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? / 5 Bedroom Country Home Design With Basement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.