Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Was The Bible Inspired By God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Bible Inspired By God? (1154 Views)

What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2019
If the Bible was inspired by a God and men who wrote it were led by a Holy Spirit, why do the Gospels themselves contradict one another on key events?

1 Like

Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2019
victorian and TATIME hope u all are doing great.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by MuttleyLaff: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
GreatResearcher:
If the Bible was inspired by a God and men who wrote it were led by a Holy Spirit, why do the Gospels themselves contradict one another on key events?
Mr Bond, please invite five or six posters here to describe you and let's see whether or not they would or wouldnt contradict themselves on key points about you

1 Like

Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by k2039: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
Give examples of where the gospels contradicted one another.

I can then pick it up from there.

1 Like

Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by Kovuh: 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2019
The Bible was inspired by God
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by Kovuh: 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Mr Bond, please invite five or six posters here to describe you and let's see whether or not they would or wouldnt contradict themselves on key points about you
Correct

1 Like

Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by Ihedinobi3: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2019
GreatResearcher:
List some of these contradictions.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by MuttleyLaff: 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
List some of these contradictions.
Please dont be encouraging the tool with such a thankless and time wasting assignment. You know you are sending him on a wild goose chase, as it is only GreatResearcher, the in house glorified secret service agent who doesnt know the gospel individually are each written at and to particular and specific audiences, though they also are written from different viewpoints, they in addition every time compliment each other

1 Like

Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by F00028: 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
well, Luke told you clearly that he was not inspired. He wrote because it seemed like a good idea since everyone else was writing. check Luke 1:1-3

1 Like

Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by Ihedinobi3: 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Please dont be encouraging the tool with such a thankless and time wasting assignment. You know you are sending him on a wild goose chase, as it is only GreatResearcher, the in house glorified secret service agent who doesnt know the gospel individually are each written at and to particular and specific audiences, though they also are written from different viewpoints, they in addition every time compliment each other
You may be right, of course. But the exercise might actually help him.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
They can only contradict if they write base on their own knowledge about me. i.e. Writing what they think they know about me.

But if I direct them on what to write about me, then they can never contradict.

Christians say that God directed the men with the help of a Holy Spirit on what to write. They were led by they spirt.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by MuttleyLaff: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
You are right, of course. But the exercise might actually help him.
I almost accidentally splurted out the drink I was having reading your comment. I wish I have this great big faith you have in the redemption of the GreatResearcher, the in house money making, getting paid for his infamous self confessed researches glorified secret service agent. He doesnt want help from any such exercise, only wants to ridicule, mock, scoff at and have things to trample upon and stamp his feet with
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
U sound like one who is afraid of something being exposed.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by MuttleyLaff: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2019
GreatResearcher:
U sound like one who is afraid of something being exposed.
I have not being given the spirit of fear but one of power, love, sound mind and/or sound judgment.

You are beyond redemption. You are GreatResearcher, the in house money making, getting paid for his infamous self confessed researches glorified secret service agent. You are only doingall these to ridicule, mock, scoff at and have things to trample upon and stamp your feet with

GreatResearcher:
They can only contradict if they write base on their own knowledge about me. i.e. Writing what they think they know about me.

But if I direct them on what to write about me, then they can never contradict.

Christians say that God directed the men with the help of a Holy Spirit on what to write. They were led by they spirt.
You are more confused than a chameleon dropped into a bag of skittles. God might direct, God might inspire, but God doesnt and didnt dictate what to write to them. The only times God dictated was when Moses went up to the mountain.

Was it you, I asked if you're you musically inclined, that what musical instruments do you play if you are and do you also compose?. If not this moniker, I think it was at one of your alter-ego monikers then

1 Like

Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by Ihedinobi3: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I almost accidentally splurted out the drink I was having reading your comment. I wish I have this great big faith you have in the redemption of the GreatResearcher, the in house money making, getting paid for his infamous self confessed researches glorified secret service agent. He doesnt want help from any such exercise, only wants to ridicule, mock, scoff at and have things to trample upon and stamp his feet with
I actually think that you are right. But people are very weird. As long as anyone is still alive, I can't completely rule out the possibility of change in either direction.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2019
F00028:
well, Luke told you clearly that he was not inspired. He wrote because it seemed like a good idea since everyone else was writing. check Luke 1:1-3
Even Paul said same. But will Christians accept that the Bible was written by men with their own knowledge on how they think things should be and not be??
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by VictorRomanov: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2019
F00028:

It doesn't prove he wasn't inspired.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by F00028: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2019
VictorRomanov:

but it does. what the man says about his own motivation to write is proof enough. you want to go into supposition.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by VictorRomanov: 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2019
F00028:

but it does. what the man says about his own motivation to write is proof enough. you want to go into supposition.

By definition inspiration means something that makes someone want to do something or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create : a force or influence that inspires someone.

The book of Luke was written to Theophilus who was Greek, explaining to him why Jesus is the messiah. Other accounts were primarily written for Jew audiences. The motivation for writing was not because others were writing, but to trace all things and to present the matters logical to Theophilus who was Greek (Greeks were usually philosophers and logical thinkers). The question is who or what influenced him to want to do that?
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2019
VictorRomanov:

The book of Philippians was a letter written by Paul to Philippians.

One of the reasons why Paul wrote the letter to Philippians was to thank them for supporting his ministry not just in prayer, but with a financial gift. He specifically mentions their gift towards
the end of his letter, in Philippians 4:15, 18

you don't need god's inspiration to write a letter of gradtitue to people for their help the rendered to you.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by VictorRomanov: 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2019
GreatResearcher:

The book of Philippians was a letter written by Paul to Philippians.
One of the reasons why Paul wrote the letter to Philippians was to thank them for supporting his ministry not just in prayer, but with a financial gift. He specifically mentions their gift towards
the end of his letter, in Philippians 4:15, 18

you don't need god's inspiration to write a letter of gradtitue to people for their help the rendered to you.

The bolded highlights the flaw in your logic. Gratitude was one of the reasons of his letter but not the sole reason. There are a few other reasons which authenticates the divine inspiration of that letter.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
VictorRomanov:

The bolded highlights the flaw in your logic. Gratitude was one of the reasons of his letter but not the sole reason. There are a few other reasons which authenticates the divine inspiration of that letter.

The Reasons Paul Wrote The Philippians.

1. To thank them for their help both in prayers and finance.

2. To advice them on ways he 'Paul' thinks are good for them.

Remember when Paul was giving advice on marriage and divorce?

He said 'I say this not as god says, but as what I think it's good and what I will do if I were in your shoes'.

He went further to say ' If u can't control sexual urge, marry. But it is better to stay unmarried just as I am'.

There was no inspiration or whatever from God. Paul advises them based on what he feels was right.

If u think Paul wrote those books through insporation from God, why will god inspired someone to tell others not to marry and reproduce? When one of God's goals is 'reproduce'?
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2019
VictorRomanov:

List the few other reasons.

Victorian pls if I send u a gift, do u need God's inspiration before u tell me 'thank u'? Or if u tell me 'thank u', does it means u were inspired by God to tell me 'thank u'?

TATIME don run lol..
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by VictorRomanov: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2019
GreatResearcher:

The Reasons Paul Wrote The Philippians.

1. To thank them for their help both in prayers and finance.

2. To advice them on ways he 'Paul' thinks are good for them.

Remember when Paul was giving advice on marriage and divorce?

He said 'I say this not as god says, but as what I think it's good and what I will do if I were in your shoes'.

He went further to say ' If u can't control sexual urge, marry. But it is better to stay unmarried just as I am'.

There was no inspiration or whatever from God. Paul advises them based on what he feels was right.

If u think Paul wrote those books through insporation from God, why will god inspired someone to tell others not to marry and reproduce? When one of God's goals is 'reproduce'?

Please don't confuse Philipians with 1st Corinthians. I'll suggest you read it again.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by VictorRomanov: 10:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Victorian pls if I send u a gift, do u need God's inspiration before u tell me 'thank u'? Or if u tell me 'thank u', does it means u were inspired by God to tell me 'thank u'?

TATIME don run lol..

Like I stated in a previous mention, Thanking the Philippians for their financial assistance was not Paul's sole purpose of writing them.

He encouraged them to have the humble mental disposition of Jesus Christ as well as enduring to make their upward call certain, etc etc.

Please do more Research.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 10:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
VictorRomanov:

Please don't confuse Philipians with 1st Corinthians. I'll suggest you read it again.
I brought in that marriage advice by Paul to paint a picture to u. I am not saying that the marriage advice was from the book of Philippians.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by GreatResearcher: 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2019
This does not in any way reflect 'being inspired by god'.
VictorRomanov:

Like I stated in a previous mention, Thanking the Philippians for their financial assistance was not Paul's sole purpose of writing them.

He encouraged them to have the humble mental disposition of Jesus Christ as well as enduring to make their upward call certain, etc etc.

Please do more Research.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by victorian(f): 12:31am On Feb 25, 2019
GreatResearcher:

TATIME don run lol..

First you've not sent me any gift
Then secondly I will say thank you, if I receive a gift from you . because courtesy demands it. It has nothing to do with God .
My mum simply taught me well to say thank you to anyone who gives me a gift.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by VictorRomanov: 7:40am On Feb 25, 2019
GreatResearcher:
This does not in any way reflect 'being inspired by god'.

So what in your own "superior" opinion reflects inspiration by God?

You be the lawmaker, judge and executioner and let us know.
Re: Was The Bible Inspired By God? by VictorRomanov: 7:47am On Feb 25, 2019
GreatResearcher:
I brought in that marriage advice by Paul to paint a picture to u. I am not saying that the marriage advice was from the book of Philippians.

Firstly, when you bring in a matter from another context, into another discussion, it shows you've not gathered your thoughts together.

Secondly, for a person who have not really read the bible and is reading our argument, you'll make it seem like the point about marriage was from the book of Phillipians

Thirdly, if you want to talk about Paul generally, do so by being specific to what he said, where he said it, and why he said it. Dont mix up things to try to create a false impression. That may work for someone who hasn't read the bible. But for someone who has, it will shows you re not sincere.

I find the honesty of the writers of the bible to be one of the many signs of their divine inspiration. Paul would have easily said that God told him to tell us, but instead he was honest enough to tell us he was offering his opinion on the matter, which he clearly stated does not override the instructions of Jesus. Such honesty is what you'll expect from men inspired by God.

(1) (Reply)

GOD Is Both Male And Female / Why The World's Richest Men Don't Believe In God / Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.