Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,488 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area (542 Views)

Buhari Wins In Benue Govt House’s Polling Unit / 2019: Prophet Ituen Reveals What Will Happen If Buhari Wins, Warns Politicians / 'if Buhari Wins, Nigerians Will Be Running To Neighboring Countries To Feed - Fa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area by odiks: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2019
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, has won with wide margin the senatorial elections results in Ideato South Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.

Running under the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Okorocha who is from Ogboko, a village in the LGA, scored 24, 102 votes to beat his closest challenger, Jones Onyeriri of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Mr Onyeriri, a member of the House of Representative polled a paltry 3108 votes. He was closely followed by the candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) and a former senator of the district, Osita Izunaso, who polled 2801 votes.

In the presidential polls, Muhammadu Buhari also scored 20,663 votes in the LGA to beat Atiku Abubakar, candidate of the PDP who polled 8,844 votes.

Action Alliance won the House of Representatives in the LGA with 22,231 votes against the APC and PDP who scored 5534 and 2266 respectively.

By this result, the outgoing governor has won one of the 12 local governments in his Imo West (Orlu) zone.

Other results from the zone are currently being collated and summed up at the INEC office in Orlu LGA amidst tight security and tension.

The governor is angling to replace Hope Uzodinma, the senator of Imo West who, in turn, is angling to replace Mr Okorocha in the governorship race coming up on March 9, in what is considered the first test of his political foray.

While Mr Okorocha is hoping to deliver the district for President Buhari, he is also rooting for his son-in-law, Uche Nwosu, candidate of the AA in the upcoming governorship elections.

Mr Okorocha, while casting his vote earlier Saturday, confirmed incidents of ballot box snatching in some polling units in the state.

There were also several reported cases of invasion and harassment by thugs mostly because there were inadequate security personnel at polling centres within the district.

Shortly before the governor’s arrival, PREMIUM TIMES reported a journalist, duly accredited to cover the polls, was harassed and briefly detained by the thugs in Mr Okorocha’s polling unit 10:14 am. This happened in the watching eyes of two female police personnel at the centre.

Even when the journalist reported the matter to the nearby Ogboko area command, he was further advised by the police to “stay away from the area”.

The Imo West zone is famed to have produced most of the notable names from the state.

Apart from being the largest senatorial district made up of 12 LGAs, Imo west has since 1999 retained the governorship seat of the state for 16 years through Achike Udenwa (1999 – 2007) and now Mr Okorocha (2011 – 2019) who governed two terms each.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/315774-buhari-wins-in-okorochas-local-government-area.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area by odiks: 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2019
Also

Re: Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area by Hedonisst: 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2019
Imo people are annoying, I'm sorry to say.

I know many of them in Abuja. Always forming rubbish. All mouth, all 'packaging', but NO SUBSTANCE and no credibility.

I'm afraid if Rochas wins the senatorial election and delivers for Buhari, then I would say I HATE Imo people. I would ostracise them. Nonsense.
Re: Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area by Zaheertyler(m): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2019
my cousin was an ad hoc staff...they bought them off..even the pdp reps couldn't talk...apc sha..but hers was in oguta
Re: Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area by NothingDoMe: 8:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
Hedonisst:
Imo people are useless, I'm sorry to say.

I know many of them in Abuja. Always forming rubbish. All mouth and NO substance, no credibility, no action.

I'm afraid if Rochas wins the senatorial election and delivers for Buhari, then I would say I HATE Imo people. I would ostracise them. Nonsense.
Maybe they believe in Buhari in Rochas LGA. That's their choice.
Re: Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area by Hedonisst: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Maybe they believe in Buhari in Rochas LGA. That's their choice.

God punish them and that their choice. But in beer parlours and elsewhere they make the loudest noise against Rochas and APC. It's ridiculous. They're even worse than Ebonyi.
Re: Buhari Wins In Okorocha’s Local Government Area by Guzel: 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2019
Rochas is senator elect
His boys in APC won
AA his son Inlaw party has 3 federal house of reps members already.
Oshiomhole couldn’t deliver a house seat to APC. Interesting days ahead

(1) (Reply)

Lol: Look At What A US CAR COMPANY Told Apc / . / River State: Wike Polled 886,264 Votes To Defeat His Closest Rival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.