Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

How About Ajax And Php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How About Ajax And Php (896 Views)

Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml / Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How About Ajax And Php by cdeveloper(m): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2007
I was beginning to wonder what the buzz Ajax stuff meant until i started experimenting with it does the this sound new to anyone or common i seem to like the tech
Re: How About Ajax And Php by my2cents(m): 2:47am On Apr 25, 2007
Yeah,

AJAX is becoming such a buzz word that pple r now feeling compelled to use it at every turn, as if it is the second coming of Christ.

Take my job for instance: Now that the project managers think "AJAX" is a pretty cool name, they ask for it at every turn. "We want to implement a photo gallery for our cars, do it in AJAX". Of course, they are not aware that if the number of photos is fixed and less than 5, then it doesn't make sense to use AJAX, at least to me. Now if the number were not known upfront, in which case the server cd be pinged for say, the next 3 photos while the present 3 are loading, it makes sense to use AJAX. It is getting so silly that even the developers are thinking of "AJAXifying" the entire site without thinking about the pros and cons. It sort of reminds me of the abuse of Flash on various naija websites. I would say that for every 10 naija sites I have visited, 11 use Flash. Nothing wrong with using flash, but there is definitely something wrong with abusing it.

Is AJAX cool? sure. Can some pretty cool things be done with it? sure. However, most pple tend to forget that the essence of AJAX is to return data, stripped of all formatting and not for returning an entire page.

So, in a nutshell, use AJAX but don't just use it for AJAX's sake or to look "cool". Know when to and when not to use it and be able to stand your ground when it comes to educating those who may want to bully you into using it, even when it isn't ideal. You may look "cool" with the babes/clients, but definitely not with your peers.

I hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

School Web Template - Help / Google Drive Replaces Google Docs For Cloud Storage. / Who Owns ng2g.com?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.