Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger (2710 Views)

What can I feed her to make her grow big? / Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY / More Pix Of My 4mnths Old Female Pedigree Boerbeol Pup.4 Sale..bobbysaxy Kennel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 5:56am On Feb 25, 2019
Okay, I have been a silent reader and I love almost all the posts here on NL in the pets section. The good, the bad and hilarious threads and comments.

My puppy name is Ruby, she is 8weeks+ (born 27th December 2018). Well, thing is, I took her off her mom which had 13 of them (yes I mean thirteen). Unfortunately 1died and 12 survived. The thing is, the last time I remember having a dog was when I was a little boy, now I feel the need for one and I got her. So I'd really appreciate all efforts from those who has experience with dogs (especially BB).

I've fed her can food, milk, fish, raw egg, cooked egg, and golden-morn.

I know those arent enough for the kinda dog I wanna have. (A really big and healthy dog) so I'd apprecaite some help in planning how I feed her and take her to the vet. What are the things I need to look out for too.

So far so good, ruby has been wonderful, she stays on her own when she needs to, plays seriously when she needs to and also have lot and lot of sleep.

Suggestion, feedbacks are welcome please.
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by Chuks9000: 5:58am On Feb 25, 2019
You should thought of that before making payments for the poor things.
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 6:01am On Feb 25, 2019
Here is one of her pics

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 6:02am On Feb 25, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. I never said I can't take care of her or do not have her time whatsoever, what I am more interested in the routine bro!

Chuks9000:
You should thought of that before making payments for the poor things.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 6:03am On Feb 25, 2019
Here

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 6:04am On Feb 25, 2019

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 6:06am On Feb 25, 2019
I will update the pics soon with something better.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by Lloydthesaint: 6:59am On Feb 25, 2019
That’s a sweet pup
Get dry food maybe bingo and can food I recommend Frances pride for now mix two or three handful of dry food with two or three spoonful of FP and serve your pup

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by Lloydthesaint: 7:00am On Feb 25, 2019
That’s a sweet pup
Get dry food maybe fidog and can food I recommend Frances pride for now mix two or three handful of dry food with two or three spoonful of FP and serve your pup

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by vincentjk(m): 7:34am On Feb 25, 2019
She looks really good...

Check this thread, you'll see different feeds and how to prepare them

https://www.nairaland.com/4373838/murphy-boerboel-gustaf-german-shepherd/21

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by Switruth: 7:59am On Feb 25, 2019
Boerboel is a very good breed. Jealous and protective. Takes command only from the owner. Get it tails docked to make it more aggressive. I just lost mine last week to poison. He cut the chain and left the house while I was away golfing. Before I come back that’s it.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by space9880: 10:02am On Feb 25, 2019
OP your dog is sweet. You can go for expensive foods like Royal canin or diamond or you can go for cheaper alternatives like binggo you can add can food to the mix as well too and always follow you vaccination and deworming schedule.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by alBHAGDADI: 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
Switruth:
Boerboel is a very good breed. Jealous and protective. Takes command only from the owner. Get it tails docked to make it more aggressive. I just lost mine last week to poison. He cut the chain and left the house while I was away golfing. Before I come back that’s it.

Tail docking is not what makes a dog aggressive. Tail docking is only done to dogs who pull cart in the farm so as to prevent their tail from getting in the way of the cart.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by prinzetobi: 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Tail docking is not what makes a dog aggressive. Tail docking is only done to dogs who pull cart in the farm so as to prevent their tail from getting in the way of the cart.

This is particular to the Rottweilers as they were the ones that pulled carts and guarded the blacksmiths gold.
The Boerboels on the other hand were the farmers dog and didn’t pull carts.
But one thing we both agree on is Tail docking doesn’t make a dog aggressive

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by prinzetobi: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2019
Lloydthesaint:
That’s a sweet pup
Get dry food maybe fidog and can food I recommend Frances pride for now mix two or three handful of dry food with two or three spoonful of FP and serve your pup

Fidog is a good food. I recommend. And they’re also quite assessible. OP can try it.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by IamAnderson(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
Switruth:
that doesn't make the dog aggressive, did circumcision have any effect on your temperament as an adult?
tail docking is for other reasons not for making the dog aggressive

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by waleyp(m): 11:34am On Feb 27, 2019
you these guys that own dogs dey try ooooo, me wey never chop three square meals how i go take afford to buy those dog foods? when last did i eat any can food sef, i wonder how much una dey spend on dog food each month, i envy you oooooo, i like dogs tho but bank account RED now
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 4:40am On Mar 08, 2019
Ohkay! I haven't replied some of the messages here but truth is, all have been helpful one way or the other.

My pup (Ruby) is 10weeks now, she took her first shot of vaccine last week and is due again on the 22nd according to what the Vet wrote on the card. I want to document my routine so far + how i have fed her (my daughter as my neighbors and friends would often refer her as) is really active and good in learning new skills ( I am making use of the opportunity to teach her new skills too {she sits at my command, waits until i tell her to eat before she does, gives us sign when she needs to go (poop or pee) and we are on attack and shaking hands.. lol...)

Her feeding is very stressful but i am ready for her. (at least i knew before i got her).

I feed her can foods more often though (xclusively JOJO but PEDIGREE since yesterday as the pet store didnt have JOJO)
I feed her with this mixture (Golden morn+milk+raw egg)
I feed her with crunchies (Booster) that is the name written on it
I feed her with chicken (head, chest, feet and the likes)
And i also try to feed her some of the meals we eat in the house (oh she seem to enjoy it very much)

Today, oh the time is 3:58 AM ( so i mean YESTERDAY) I bought and ground a mixture of (1.) One Derica of Soy Beans (2.) One and Half Derica of Maize (3.) One Derica of Rice (4.) 4 Packs of Indomie Superpack (5.) Dried fish worth 3k (6.) Millet

It was ground so fine that even I wanted to have some taste of it.. lol, but i couldnt. So i got home took some quantity and cooked for a while, after it was thick like hmmm.... (akamu), I then added milk, and 1 raw egg. Boy you needed to see how she rushed the thing. (though she was chasing me upandan when i was doing the mixture until i ordered her to stay still.

It has been so fun for me taking care of my pup... I can assure you anything or person under my roof is well taken care of.

I bath her with one K-9 Favorite Magic Conditioning like that and spray her with petwyse ectoper (ectoparasitic perfume)
[img][/img]

I use B plus E Multivitamin (zinc & selenium) to help muscle tone.

I also bought her worm meds ( planning to deworm her this saturday (that is tomorrow))

So, my people this has been the update so far so good. I hope to share more pictures soon sha. To compliment the post.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 4:51am On Mar 08, 2019
As usual, i am still open to suggestion and advise.

AND IF ANYONE SEEM TO HAVE A PURE BREED BOX HEAD ROTTWEILLER, I AM WILLING TO BUY OR ADOPT but MUST BE VERY AFFORDABLE FOR ME AT THIS TIME. MAYBE WE COULD COME TO A TERM. wink wink wink
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 11:41am On Mar 09, 2019
Any update??
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by OsuGanja(m): 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
Nice pup bro,here’s my girl Coco... She’s going to be 4months soon and she’s growing well

Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2019
I need urgent help oo... my dog has refused to eat anything. When I say anything I mean nothing. Since the morning of today.

She is due for deworming and I am going to do that first thing in the morning. But I am generally very worried as she is not usually this calm. Any reason as to why this is happening? Someone please help me.
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by OsuGanja(m): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2019
niel63:
I need urgent help oo... my dog has refused to eat anything. When I say anything I mean nothing. Since the morning of today.

She is due for deworming and I am going to do that first thing in the morning. But I am generally very worried as she is not usually this calm. Any reason as to why this is happening? Someone please help me.

Is her poo watery ?? Is she throwing up?? If not she’ll be fine...
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by frowland(m): 8:54am On Mar 11, 2019
Switruth:

Correction buddy, docked tail does not make dogs aggressive!
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by niel63(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
She actually ate last night at about 11pm. When she pooped early this morning it was a bit watery but after giving her the warm med, she pooed few hours later and it wasnt watery as at the first time. She doesnt throw up. She is now abit active when we bring her outside, she tries to play but the strenght no dey. My problem is for her to eat. She's lost weight just this 48hours.. and e dey paim me.

OsuGanja:

Is her poo watery ?? Is she throwing up?? If not she’ll be fine...
Re: I Just Bought A Boerbeol Pup. I Need Help In Making Her Grow Stronger And Bigger by OsuGanja(m): 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
niel63:
She actually ate last night at about 11pm. When she pooped early this morning it was a bit watery but after giving her the warm med, she pooed few hours later and it wasnt watery as at the first time. She doesnt throw up. She is now abit active when we bring her outside, she tries to play but the strenght no dey. My problem is for her to eat. She's lost weight just this 48hours.. and e dey paim me.

Call your vet

(1) (Reply)

Help!! Someone Is Trying To Get A Wolf-dog Hybrid / Are You Planning On Getting A Long Coat GSD Soon. Come In Here. / Raw African Black Soap, From Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.