Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far (38852 Views)

Buhari Leads In Ogun, Wins 12 Of 16 LGAs Declared / 2019: Gbenga Daniel Predicts What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari / Ekiti Election: How APC And PDP Stand In The 16 LGAs In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 25, 2019
Buhari did well considering the odds against him. My surprise is the low number of total votes cast. People really didn't come out to vote. This is a plus for Buhari because the margin is lesser than than what he suffered against Jonathan. be might win this election after all
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by ChijyWills(m): 8:17am On Feb 25, 2019

1 Share

Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by mfm04622: 8:18am On Feb 25, 2019
Donmedra:
Very bad result, what's wrong with okohausa? Very useless man

In fact this is a good result for APC! Is this is replicated in the undeclared LGs, it mean APC will get 25% which she didn't get in 2015. Also, the margin PDP got in 2015 will not be possible!
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by phase1: 8:18am On Feb 25, 2019
APC Efulefus like SamuelAnyawu, Corrosiveman, abagworo, Okoroawusa right now. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by NORSIYK(m): 8:19am On Feb 25, 2019
Rico96:
I fault this result Ohaji/Egbema is the biggest LGA in imo how come do owerri west get more voters...? This real fake.....

Ohaji/Egbema is the biggest lga in Imo state in terms of landmass not in population......In populations you have to talk about Mbaitolu, Aboh Mbaise, Ngor/Okpala, Ikeduru, Orlu, Owerri west Ahiazu Mbaise, Owerri NOrth, Ezinihitte Mbaise, Isiala Mbano then Ohaji/Egbema, Okigwe,Oguta, Ehime Mbano And other smaller lgas from orlu znes and Okigwe zones
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by fergie001: 8:20am On Feb 25, 2019
UdechiHD:
That's an insult to Orlu. This same Orlu zone has been ruling Imo state since 1999 (Ohakim 4 years apart) and may emerge again this time in Hope Uzodinma or Rochas Inlaw. This same Orlu zone boast the highest billionaires and millionaires in Imo. This same Orlu zone boast the highest influential personalities in the history of Imo state. Higher institution presence or not Orlu is a highly educated and enlightened zone. Orlu zone is Imo oil producing area generating revenue for the state apart from the hospitality industry in Owerri. This same Orlu has the highest landmass and local government in Imo. Stop denigrating Orlu zone because of elections.
PDP will win the Presidential election but may lose the Gubernatorial elections to one of APGA, APC or AA.
2. Rochas will lose his Orlu Senatorial ticket to PDP.
3. Orlu zone decides the outcome of Imo elections.
4. PDP wins presidential election maybe 65 - 70% but in Gubernatorial I can tell.

The same North has been ruling Nigeria......

I take it back if you see it as an insult....but you and I know in Nigeria illiteracy isn't equated with power.....

1 Like

Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by JubiOmeiza(m): 8:23am On Feb 25, 2019
We really doing fine in SouthEast... Kano, kaduna, and katsina will sink southeast votes
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by slawali: 8:24am On Feb 25, 2019
Don't blame okorocha,its his people.
Donmedra:
Very bad result, what's wrong with okohausa? Very useless man
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Abagworo(m): 8:33am On Feb 25, 2019
Oshiomole spoilt things for Buhari by handing over APC to Atiku supporters. Okorocha with his AA extention are the only people that won their elections while the Hope Uzodimma faction sabotaged APC and didn't even care to defend votes.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by PresidoAtikuGcf: 8:34am On Feb 25, 2019
Arysexy:
Stupid Imo state. Don't know d jazz Okoroawusa used to hold them spell

Tell that to your dead father. Idiot

1 Like

Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Abagworo(m): 8:39am On Feb 25, 2019
phase1:
APC Efulefus like SamuelAnyawu, Corrosiveman, abagworo, Okoroawusa right now. grin

Samuelanyanwu is PDP but I support APC. Oshiomole spoilt things for Buhari but Okorocha and all his men won everything in Orlu zone despite Oshiomole's men ganging up with PDP and APGA.
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by jinco5050: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2019
Buhari is not suppose to get any vote from Imo State
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by stubbornman(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2019
Arysexy:
Stupid Imo state. Don't know d jazz Okoroawusa used to hold them spell

Very stupid people bro..... I just tire for them...shame dey catch me say nah my state sef!!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2019
fergie001:

The same North has been ruling Nigeria......

I take it back if you see it as an insult....but you and I know in Nigeria illiteracy isn't equated with power.....
The Analogy is wrong. Compare Orlu with it's southern brethren and not the north which is far below in developmental indices.
The problem with Imo PDP is that it is filled lightweights. Emeka Ihedioha's leadership of PDP in Imo is a disaster in waiting for the party. Someone like Hope Uzodinma in the PDP would have done better. But they lost him to the APC.
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2019
buspid:
A good outing for Buhari here grin grin grin grin over 30% is sacrosanct

33% already! My state(Ebonyi) is next!
Atiku will lose in the east.
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by NORSIYK(m): 8:48am On Feb 25, 2019
UdechiHD:
That's an insult to Orlu. This same Orlu zone has been ruling Imo state since 1999 (Ohakim 4 years apart) and may emerge again this time in Hope Uzodinma or Rochas Inlaw. This same Orlu zone boast the highest billionaires and millionaires in Imo. This same Orlu zone boast the highest influential personalities in the history of Imo state. Higher institution presence or not Orlu is a highly educated and enlightened zone. Orlu zone is Imo oil producing area generating revenue for the state apart from the hospitality industry in Owerri. This same Orlu has the highest landmass and local government in Imo. Stop denigrating Orlu zone because of elections.
PDP will win the Presidential election but may lose the Gubernatorial elections to one of APGA, APC or AA.
4. PDP wins presidential election maybe 65 - 70% but in Gubernatorial I can tell.

But Owerri zone has the highest voting strength in Imo state, Hope you can see that of Aboh Mbaise, Ezinihitte, Owerri West and Owerri North compare to Orlu, Njaba, Isu, Oru east, Oru west, Ideato, Nkwerre, Nwangele
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by NORSIYK(m): 8:50am On Feb 25, 2019
UdechiHD:
The Analogy is wrong. Compare Orlu with it's southern brethren and not the north which is far below in developmental indices.
The problem with Imo PDP is that it is filled lightweights. Emeka Ihedioha's leadership of PDP in Imo is a disaster in waiting for the party. Someone like Hope Uzodinma in the PDP would have done better. But they lost him to the APC.

Hope Uzodinma can never win Ihedioha you and I know that, Mark it hope cant win more than 4lgas
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 25, 2019
cascarino:
You're very stupid by typing that bunch of trash about the good people of Orlu.
Orlu is the heart and soul of IMO State. Apart from maybe Anambra South (Nnewi zone). Orlu has the highest number of successful Igbo businessmen.

Orlu has the least poverty rate in IMO. Top businessmen from Orlu are the ones that make Owerri tick as a city as over seventy percent of businesses and landed properties in the city belong to ndi Orlu.

In IMO State Orlu gives direction and sets the pace for others. So don't dire insult them because they decided to move in different political direction from the rest of the Igbos. We're sophisticated people and we don't like playing bandwagon politics

Imo - Orlu = Gombe. That's the fact!
Sure! I tell you IPOB has really done a big damage to the voting population in the east. I hope Peter Obi remedy this if he emerges. Low turnout this year! Even the north recorded low turnout but unlike in the east. Atiku should have understood this. The SW, and the North Central have done their part in assisting the PDP. But reasonable votes should be coming from the far north, I expect Atiku to get a large chunk of votes here to push the tally to call the election to a close.
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by marvis13(m): 8:59am On Feb 25, 2019
The most educated zone in IMO state are Owerri Zone. Owerri zone have the highest PVC with 998,000 while Orlu zone with 884,000. In terms of landmass, 3LGA in Aboh Mbaise alone covers 7LGA in Orlu while Ngor Okpala and Mbaitolu have the highest landmass in IMO state.

quote author=UdechiHD post=76096782] That's an insult to Orlu. This same Orlu zone has been ruling Imo state since 1999 (Ohakim 4 years apart) and may emerge again this time in Hope Uzodinma or Rochas Inlaw. This same Orlu zone boast the highest billionaires and millionaires in Imo. This same Orlu zone boast the highest influential personalities in the history of Imo state. Higher institution presence or not Orlu is a highly educated and enlightened zone. Orlu zone is Imo oil producing area generating revenue for the state apart from the hospitality industry in Owerri. This same Orlu has the highest landmass and local government in Imo. Stop denigrating Orlu zone because of elections.
4. PDP wins presidential election maybe 65 - 70% but in Gubernatorial I can tell.[/quote]
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 25, 2019
marvis13:
The most educated zone in IMO state are Owerri Zone. Owerri zone have the highest PVC with 998,000 while Orlu zone with 884,000. In terms of landmass, 3LGA in Aboh Mbaise alone covers 7LGA in Orlu while Ngor Okpala and Mbaitolu have the highest landmass in IMO state.

quote author=UdechiHD post=76096782] That's an insult to Orlu. This same Orlu zone has been ruling Imo state since 1999 (Ohakim 4 years apart) and may emerge again this time in Hope Uzodinma or Rochas Inlaw. This same Orlu zone boast the highest billionaires and millionaires in Imo. This same Orlu zone boast the highest influential personalities in the history of Imo state. Higher institution presence or not Orlu is a highly educated and enlightened zone. Orlu zone is Imo oil producing area generating revenue for the state apart from the hospitality industry in Owerri. This same Orlu has the highest landmass and local government in Imo. Stop denigrating Orlu zone because of elections.
Go get informed properly. Only Oguta and Ohaji/Egbema covers the whole Owerri zone.
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by TechCapon(m): 9:03am On Feb 25, 2019
ZikZikZik:
Wait for the final results abeg undecided
Funny how people think either Atiku or buhari really carry dem for mind. Old men just there to achieve their dreams and enrich their families while using us as ladders to climb. And we Nigerians be so happy with the leftover crumbs they give us when it could actually be so much better.
the only reasonable comment I've seen today
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Abagworo(m): 9:11am On Feb 25, 2019
NORSIYK:

But Owerri zone has the highest voting strength in Imo state, Hope you can see that of Aboh Mbaise, Ezinihitte, Owerri West and Owerri North compare to Orlu, Njaba, Isu, Oru east, Oru west, Ideato, Nkwerre, Nwangele

They were rigged because APC members there supported Atiku and cared less about defending votes from wards to collation. The Governorship won't be the same
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by NORSIYK(m): 9:11am On Feb 25, 2019
marvis13:

Ohaji/Egbema has the highest land mass in Imo state
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 25, 2019
NORSIYK:

Hope Uzodinma can never win Ihedioha you and I know that, Mark it hope cant win more than 4lgas
Ihedioha won't see 2nd. Gubernatorial election is different from Presidential. Everybody fights their battle locally, no federal sympathy votes here. Hope you know Ararume of APGA is on standby.
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by NORSIYK(m): 9:15am On Feb 25, 2019
UdechiHD:
Go get informed properly. Only Oguta and Ohaji/Egbema covers the whole Owerri zone.

Thats true
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by NORSIYK(m): 9:16am On Feb 25, 2019
Abagworo:

They were rigged because APC members there supported Atiku and cared less about defending votes from wards to collation. The Governorship won't be the same

You know quite that you are lying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Abagworo(m): 9:16am On Feb 25, 2019
UdechiHD:
Ihedioha won't see 2nd. Gubernatorial election is different from Presidential. Everybody fights their battle locally, no federal sympathy votes here. Hope you know Ararume of APGA is on standby.

The likely winner is between Uche Nwosu and Emeka Ihedioha. It will depend on many factors including the winner of Presidential elections which will favour Nwosu if Buhari wins and Ihedioha if Atiku wins. Araraume and Uzodimma are just their to try their luck.
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by NORSIYK(m): 9:18am On Feb 25, 2019
UdechiHD:

The Imo governorship is between Ihedioha and Nwosu, but at the end Ihedioha will emerge the winner
Re: Atiku Defeats Buhari In 13 Out Of 16 Lgas In IMO, So Far by Abagworo(m): 9:19am On Feb 25, 2019
NORSIYK:

You know quite that you are lying

I monitored events closely. Even in Orlu, Uzodimma faction of APC worked for Atiku and were visibly angry that Buhari got very high percentage votes there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arise News Apologizes To Tinubu Over False INEC Report / Ikedi Ohakim And Wife At Daughter's Graduation In Ireland (photos) / Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.