Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel (27546 Views)

School Hostel Building Collapses In Numan, Adamawa. One Student Dies / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel / Items OAU Student Stole From The School Hostel (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by yungmayor02(m): 9:08am On Feb 26, 2019
if you want me and you to have problems just switch on the light when am asleep angry
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Giftedhands123: 9:08am On Feb 26, 2019
Abbeyme:

Is it compulsory to share your food?
Lol. You don't understand what he means.
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Sportwin(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2019
Toilet

No privacy
Constant noise
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by chuberg(m): 9:11am On Feb 26, 2019
highfaculty:
Have you ever thought about the disadvantages of staying in the school hostel? School hostel may not be all fun if you only know about its disadvantages.

People are very quick to talk about the advantages of staying in the school hostel, what about the disadvantages of staying the school hostel, have you thought about it?

The coin has two sides. So also, staying in school hostels have two sides to it. When we talk about the advantages of the school hostel, we shouldn’t in any way neglect its disadvantages. Because where a student chooses to stay in school has a great role to play in its overall academic performers.

People come to the university because of its importance in life. You can check the reasons why you should go to university.

So many persons that stay in school hostel today actually don’t want to, but for some certain reason, they have to cope with the whole situation not minding the disadvantages.

No doubt, hostels provide you with security and a roof over your head, but the disadvantages of staying in the school hostel beat everything.

Here are some of the disadvantages of staying in the school hostel, take a look:

1) SNORERS AND STINKERS
Having to share a room with people that snore is as terrible as hell. Imaging sharing a room of 9 persons and 6 snores terribly at night, it’s just going to be like war film at night.

Also, imagine the ones that are so unkempt and refuses to do laundry. You will have to stay in such a state with little or nothing you can do.

No matter the awkward attitude of your roommates, you have got to cope with it.

2) SOMEONE WHO TURNS ON LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
If you are someone that doesn’t like turning on the lights when you want to sleep, this will be a great challenge. You can be fast asleep and your roommate will just turn on the lights because he/she can’t sleep with light off.

There is always that one person that does not like the light turned on when they sleep which could also be you, vice versa.

3) YOU CAN’T CHOOSE YOUR ROOMMATE OR ROOM
In every hostel, there are some rooms that are better than some. For instance, some rooms have better ventilation than others.

You can prefer to stay in a room that has better ventilation or just close to the entrance of the hostel but you may not get such a hostel room because it’s the school that assigns that.

Also, you can’t choose your roommates. Before you come to the school hostel, you actually don’t even know the people you will meet in such a hostel. It’s such a big disadvantage especially when you are meant to cope with people than often irritates you.

4) BAD FRIENDS OR ROOMMATES
The friends we meet in the university has a great way it shapes our lives. As nice as going to class, coming from class and taking a nap, etc may sound, it’s not so easy a routine to follow.

You are going to meet people that will influence you. One of the closest influencers you will get to learn things from are your roommates.

The influences of roommates cannot be overemphasized.

Some persons learn to smoke Indian hem in the school hostel. Some girls get influenced by the flashy cars that come to pick up their roommates from the hostel and the gift they bring back.

Introduction to bad habits becomes a ritual for students to follow in the hostel. If you do not get into the regular hostel life with these habits, you are treated as an outcast.

So many influences come from your roommates when you stay in the school hostel.

5) POOR FACILITIES
This is just the dreadful part. The facilities are so poor and the authorities give little or no regard for its state.

The toilets and bathrooms are nothing to write about especially when more than one room share a single bathroom and toilets.

As a girl that stays in the school hostel, it’s not advisable to use the toilet facilities directly.

The state of the bathroom also is just nothing to write home about. Even down to your lockers and cupboards, it’s nothing compared to what you have when off campus.

6) PRIVACY
Just forget about privacy. You can’t get your own privacy or space in the school hostel, it’s not possible.

No matter the manner of privacy you want, from taking your bath to dressing up, there is just no privacy.

From keeping your things tidied but coming back to meet a mess.

The school hostel has no privacy!

7) NOISE
The noise in the school hostel can just make you have a headache continually if you are the type that doesn’t like noise at all.

It becomes more annoying when you are coming from class after a stressful day, only for you to meet too much noise that you can’t even relax.

cool RULES
Staying in the school hostel got so many rules. These are rules you must obey if you really want to stay in the school hostel.

Some of this hostel, you are restricted from cooking, bringing, ring boilers or even electric iron to the school hostel. There are rules as to when you should ensure to be in your hostel etc

Though it has a good rule that protects the smallish students from the bigger ones like the “no fighting” rule. I don’t think there is any school hostel around the world that supports fighting.

Nonetheless, the rules involved in staying in school hostel are just too much that it frustrates someone sometimes.

9) HYGIENE
This is a big problem. You can try to keep yourself and your space clean but you bunky or roommates may not do the same.

Even if you decide that the cleaning of the room is something you want to do, at some points, you will have issues with your roommates who will tell you, you have messed up their stuff by cleaning their space.

If you want better hygiene, don’t stay in the school hostel.

Sometimes, the biggest threat to your hygiene is bed bugs. You can read more about why you shouldn’t stay in the school hostel here.

click to read the full article:

https://highfaculty.com/disadvantages-of-staying-in-the-school-hostel/

This is ABSU hostel... The kind of dirt in the female section is something else

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by goshen26: 9:12am On Feb 26, 2019
highfaculty:
Have you ever thought about the disadvantages of staying in the school hostel? School hostel may not be all fun if you only know about its disadvantages.

People are very quick to talk about the advantages of staying in the school hostel, what about the disadvantages of staying the school hostel, have you thought about it?

The coin has two sides. So also, staying in school hostels have two sides to it. When we talk about the advantages of the school hostel, we shouldn’t in any way neglect its disadvantages. Because where a student chooses to stay in school has a great role to play in its overall academic performers.

People come to the university because of its importance in life. You can check the reasons why you should go to university.

So many persons that stay in school hostel today actually don’t want to, but for some certain reason, they have to cope with the whole situation not minding the disadvantages.

No doubt, hostels provide you with security and a roof over your head, but the disadvantages of staying in the school hostel beat everything.

Here are some of the disadvantages of staying in the school hostel, take a look:

1) SNORERS AND STINKERS
Having to share a room with people that snore is as terrible as hell. Imaging sharing a room of 9 persons and 6 snores terribly at night, it’s just going to be like war film at night.

Also, imagine the ones that are so unkempt and refuses to do laundry. You will have to stay in such a state with little or nothing you can do.

No matter the awkward attitude of your roommates, you have got to cope with it.

2) SOMEONE WHO TURNS ON LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
If you are someone that doesn’t like turning on the lights when you want to sleep, this will be a great challenge. You can be fast asleep and your roommate will just turn on the lights because he/she can’t sleep with light off.

There is always that one person that does not like the light turned on when they sleep which could also be you, vice versa.

3) YOU CAN’T CHOOSE YOUR ROOMMATE OR ROOM
In every hostel, there are some rooms that are better than some. For instance, some rooms have better ventilation than others.

You can prefer to stay in a room that has better ventilation or just close to the entrance of the hostel but you may not get such a hostel room because it’s the school that assigns that.

Also, you can’t choose your roommates. Before you come to the school hostel, you actually don’t even know the people you will meet in such a hostel. It’s such a big disadvantage especially when you are meant to cope with people than often irritates you.

4) BAD FRIENDS OR ROOMMATES
The friends we meet in the university has a great way it shapes our lives. As nice as going to class, coming from class and taking a nap, etc may sound, it’s not so easy a routine to follow.

You are going to meet people that will influence you. One of the closest influencers you will get to learn things from are your roommates.

The influences of roommates cannot be overemphasized.

Some persons learn to smoke Indian hem in the school hostel. Some girls get influenced by the flashy cars that come to pick up their roommates from the hostel and the gift they bring back.

Introduction to bad habits becomes a ritual for students to follow in the hostel. If you do not get into the regular hostel life with these habits, you are treated as an outcast.

So many influences come from your roommates when you stay in the school hostel.

5) POOR FACILITIES
This is just the dreadful part. The facilities are so poor and the authorities give little or no regard for its state.

The toilets and bathrooms are nothing to write about especially when more than one room share a single bathroom and toilets.

As a girl that stays in the school hostel, it’s not advisable to use the toilet facilities directly.

The state of the bathroom also is just nothing to write home about. Even down to your lockers and cupboards, it’s nothing compared to what you have when off campus.

6) PRIVACY
Just forget about privacy. You can’t get your own privacy or space in the school hostel, it’s not possible.

No matter the manner of privacy you want, from taking your bath to dressing up, there is just no privacy.

From keeping your things tidied but coming back to meet a mess.

The school hostel has no privacy!

7) NOISE
The noise in the school hostel can just make you have a headache continually if you are the type that doesn’t like noise at all.

It becomes more annoying when you are coming from class after a stressful day, only for you to meet too much noise that you can’t even relax.

cool RULES
Staying in the school hostel got so many rules. These are rules you must obey if you really want to stay in the school hostel.

Some of this hostel, you are restricted from cooking, bringing, ring boilers or even electric iron to the school hostel. There are rules as to when you should ensure to be in your hostel etc

Though it has a good rule that protects the smallish students from the bigger ones like the “no fighting” rule. I don’t think there is any school hostel around the world that supports fighting.

Nonetheless, the rules involved in staying in school hostel are just too much that it frustrates someone sometimes.

9) HYGIENE
This is a big problem. You can try to keep yourself and your space clean but you bunky or roommates may not do the same.

Even if you decide that the cleaning of the room is something you want to do, at some points, you will have issues with your roommates who will tell you, you have messed up their stuff by cleaning their space.

If you want better hygiene, don’t stay in the school hostel.

Sometimes, the biggest threat to your hygiene is bed bugs. You can read more about why you shouldn’t stay in the school hostel here.

click to read the full article:

https://highfaculty.com/disadvantages-of-staying-in-the-school-hostel/

10...Gay

I remember in 2013. I went to unilag to see a friend of mine. I have always lived outside hostel in my school, but cos my guy stays in d hostel I gat no choice.

There was a guy who was stylishly joking in the room till everyone forgot himself and slept off, only for a guy a to shout in the middle of the night that the guy was pulling his boxer, tho he denied.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by jeff1607(m): 9:14am On Feb 26, 2019
hall 4 unit 1 common room comes to mind

if you know you know

staying in the school hostel teaches one how to tolerate one another and also make friends
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Sarakist: 9:14am On Feb 26, 2019
I don't like sleeping with light ON but when I got to my school's hostel I had to adapt. It's true there are disadvantages but those disadvantages have prepared me to survive any situation.
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by call4shola(m): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2019
You didn't mention bed bugs...
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Ebooksman2019(m): 9:20am On Feb 26, 2019
Na wa ooo
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by sanmtiago(m): 9:20am On Feb 26, 2019
The thing about this thread is,it might sound not really interesting but if you've gone through the university without pressure you're lucky cause the university of now is something not to talk about things are really becoming deplorable and the students are going crazy.
Focusing in the university of now without distraction is like the hardest thing most especially because of this ubiquitous epidemic called yahoo,our young ones have lost it.they believe in yahoo more than they believe in solid educational foundation. It is not getting any better I'm saying this because I was a victim of peer pressure my contemporaries mocked me for not being involved in their illicit business they literally made me look like a devil for not condoning yahoo. My people if you have a younger sibling about to enter the university talk to him or her painstakingly cause you can't go into the university as a teen and think like a mature somebody although only a few are focused and think in a mature way.

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by snoopz: 9:21am On Feb 26, 2019
the benefits of boarding is for those with the right sense and mind . it enbeds decipline
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by uuzba(m): 9:31am On Feb 26, 2019
Giftedhands123:

Lol. You don't understand what he means.
You won't do things properly. If that is what is in your head, what are you doing at University?
I had a roommate like you. He thought he was sharp. Finally he got his doing. The entire school caught him, beat him up
and dragged him nak3d around the school from hostel to hostel.
He never finished his studies, He didn't graduate.

UI, 1997
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Innoxxacs: 9:32am On Feb 26, 2019
chuberg:

This is ABSU hostel... The kind of dirt in the female section is something else
your head correct that VERY DIRTY HOSTEL B
Cc highfaculty why Photoshop the color or have they repainted it ? Been a while
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Mojoy88(m): 9:37am On Feb 26, 2019
I stayed in Hostel for most part of my undergraduate days and i can boldly say i am better for it. I learnt so many things; tolerance and acceptance of several views to an issue, love in sharing, independence and togetherness, i got to know myself more, how to argue intellectually with fight, so many virtues which i am grateful for.

I had fun
I did "Aro". My Awo hall of OAU brethren will understand this organised madness grin

I am so grateful for the period i stayed in hostel.

Great Awo Hall!!!

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Timagex(m): 9:40am On Feb 26, 2019
Let all the awo boys and olomi oke gather here for a selfie..... It's not easy.. wink cool. I rep Ogbafemi grin grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Giftedhands123: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2019
uuzba:

You won't do things properly. If that is what is in your head, what are you doing at University?
I had a roommate like you. He thought he was sharp. Finally he got his doing. The entire school caught him, beat him up
and dragged him nak3d around the school from hostel to hostel.
He never finished his studies, He didn't graduate.

UI, 1997

What is the meaning of this nonsense you just wrote up there? If you don't understand what I wrote won't you ask for clarity?

Someone asked if it is compulsory to share food and I quoted him and said he doesn't understand the meaning of what the person he quoted said, then u quote me to write rubbish. Do you know me to write Such nonsense this early morning.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by internetservice: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2019
cheesy grin well said
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by bizhop01: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2019
So if i stay for hostel i no go fucck?
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by LuckyKeys1: 10:00am On Feb 26, 2019
Sometimes it is good to have an experience of living in the hostel. Meeting different kinds of people gives you ideas on how to mingle with people. I've lived in the hostel for two years
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by MelaninGold(f): 10:04am On Feb 26, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
I never did. "Off Campus" was better.

"Back of Chem" and "ALASKA" boys say "hi".
hey so you went to unique uniport
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Cashrill(m): 10:08am On Feb 26, 2019
Theft is included o. U have to watch ur clothes after washing them till they dry
U wake up in the morning and ur towel is wet already
Stress of looking for ur slippers
The worst one room apartment is better jorh

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 26, 2019
well at first I did not like school hostel, but I gat to stay in school hostel from 200lv because of constant practical. though my hostel is not bad, 4 people in a room with toilet inside.. and I can get any room I want through connection sha. from experience school hostel is the best, I recall more than 5students did not write final year exam due to lack of information of which they are staying off campus, students staying in d hostel are more enlightened, due to d inconveniences in d hostel students study more, hostel is fun, u gat to
tolerate people and u have to be smart.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Santinojr: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2019
Best part of my first year in school was spent in this hostel.. Though very dirty, noisy occupants , crowded ( we were 9 in a room) , it thought me tolerance , management of resources ( Lol can remember when the 9 of us contributed foodstuff to cook one yeye egusi soup) , it made concentrate more on my studies( when you see your rommie jacking from 12 till 5, nobody go tell you make you read)
FUTO hostel B grin..Chai ,no be small thing o

Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Lekside442: 10:29am On Feb 26, 2019
Interested
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by femi4: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2019
bizhop01:
So if i stay for hostel i no go fucck?
No private fvck...everyone know who is fvcking who
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Emmabraham: 10:50am On Feb 26, 2019
15ssDRIVE:
Privacy be the koko

ur prick get flowers
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by femi4: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2019
No tranquility, always noisy.
Re: Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel by Fidelismaria: 10:58am On Feb 26, 2019
Na lack of insufficient funds they make people stay for hostel

Forget all the hostel makes you tolerant bruhaha

If money dey nobody go reason hostel mata

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Can Solve This Maths? / Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / Kaduna Polytechnic Expells Students For Exam Malpractice (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.