Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) (27220 Views)

Lead British School: Video Of Another Bullying Incident Hit The Internet / "I Am Sincerely Sorry" - Lead British School Student Issues Apology For Bullying / Lead British School Student Bullied, Slapped By Other Students Over Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by paymentvoucher: 10:47am On Apr 23
Lead British School has released a press statement over bullied Student

PRESS STATEMENT

Subject: Addressing the Incident of Bullying at Lead British International School Abuja

Abuja-FCT | Tuesday, April 23, 2024 - Lead British International School, Abuja is deeply concerned about the recent incident of bullying that has come to light, and want to assure our school community and the public, that we are taking this matter very seriously.
We are committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all our students.

Hence, upon learning of the incident which, we initiated the process of reaching out to the victim and family with a view to providing support, including access to counseling services to help them cope with the emotional and psychological impact of the incident.
Additionally, we will be working with the perpetrators and their families, offering counselling and disciplinary measures to address their behaviour which has no place in society.

We have also immediately initiated an investigation, appointing a dedicated team to conduct a thorough inquiry into the matter. The team has been gathering information, including reviewing video footage and interviewing witnesses, to understand the full scope of the incident and identify the immediate and remote causes.

In line with our commitment to preventing bullying and ensuring a safe school environment, we will be reviewing and updating our extant Anti-Bullying Policies and procedures to determine areas requiring improvement, with a focus on prevention and early intervention. LBIS will also be implementing educational programmes and workshops for students, staff, and parents to raise awareness about bullying and its consequences.

Lead British International School Abuja, established since 2007, is a renowned education brand with a proud history of producing thousands of alumni who continue to make the institution proud through their accomplishments around the world. These achievements testify to the sound academic and moral grounding they received during their formative years in the school.

We want to reassure our school community and the public that we are taking all necessary steps to address this isolated incident and prevent a recurrence. We are committed to fostering a culture of kindness, respect, and empathy at Lead British International School Abuja, where every student feels safe, valued, and respected.

We also urge anyone with information about this incident or any other incidents of bullying to come forward and report them to the school administration by contacting the undersigned via the phone number and email provided. We are here to listen, support, and take action to ensure the well-being of all our students.

LBIS appeals to members of the public, especially citizen journalists on social media, to refrain from further circulating the horrendous video of the incident, to protect the minors involved and their families.

We thank our school community and all stakeholders for their support and understanding as we work together to address this incident and uphold our commitment to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment for all.

For any useful information please contact us via info@lbis.org or via 0809 996 0001
Abraham Ogunkanmbi
Head of School, Abuja
Lead British International School Abuja

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/C6F53Bst5Iu/?igsh=dWQ5N3RnM3dldXl4

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/8070033/lead-british-school-student-bullied

4 Likes

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by jkpbestseries: 10:56am On Apr 23
from the inner house crime children should be tamed. Because bit by bit it lead to a large scale war we are facing today

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by delzbaba(m): 11:05am On Apr 23
This statement potrays a feeling of respect for the bully, as if they don't want to offend the parents, I was expecting to see words like expelled or suspended !!!

140 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by obiekunie01: 11:20am On Apr 23
this ones end saying absolutely nothing.

Their grammatical presentation is so poor for such an expensive school.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by Dikegodspower(m): 11:43am On Apr 23
I wonder what they are teaching those children in that school

15 Likes

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by buharibanjo(m): 11:51am On Apr 23
There's another video of a boy being bullied in this same school circulating the net.
Private school: Bullying
Government School: Fighting

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by papyjaypaul: 12:15pm On Apr 23
Seize their phones LBIS. If phone no dey all dis alaye no go de. I don't support bullying but this incident is not our business. They can handle it inside, na family affair

The adults in the room are the ones to blame. They are the ones behaving like kids here. Continuously posting their images and posting their information can damage their self esteem and even lead to suicide. The records are permanently on the internet.
papyjaypaul:
This is not the public's business if no be say phone don get camera. Make the whole of Nigeria de comment on top wetin happen for inside school.

If you really care about them, you will not post this video because they are still young. They will make teenager's mistake but can they cope with their video being on the internet? You the adults should know and do better

papyjaypaul:
A child is anyone under 18 years old. Lagos has Child Rights Act for the privacy of these kids and I am sure it is also on the national one too. W get why blogging no be journalism. Go to school and get training, don't use these kids for content

1 Share

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by Balogunodua(m): 12:16pm On Apr 23
She better wake up stand tall to her bullies...

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by 1000Capacity: 12:52pm On Apr 23
That video is one of the reasons I will teach my female kids Judo or karate, you have to learn to throw few punches angry
Just 3 accurate punches will keep those clowns away

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by tiswell(m): 1:26pm On Apr 23
See poor mindsets above pouring their venoms on the school management.

Na person fault say una nor attend better secondary school?

At least hustle,so ya children won't see every little event from an envious angle😄

3 Likes

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by Natbrowny: 1:49pm On Apr 23
We are committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all our students.

This is GRAND BULLSHIT.

a private sch like dis level are only after the school fees and other monies coming in.

This shit aint the first. The sch has had experiences like dis and kept under wraps.

They r only coming out now to give statement coz there was a video.

3 Likes

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by Parydelegate: 1:53pm On Apr 23
That video dy give me PTSD.

4 Likes

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by NothingDoMe: 1:56pm On Apr 23
Even though this press release is to counter any lawsuit I'd still go ahead and sue them!

@AKzee. 👇

3 Likes

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by mytime24(f): 1:56pm On Apr 23
Bullying bcus boy
Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by bigdammyj: 1:56pm On Apr 23
Noted.
Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by tommy589(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23
Ok
Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by Asmmi: 1:57pm On Apr 23
The video please
Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23
Una read anywhere wey dem say dem go suspend the bully?

Just dey play

Jus dey play my fans

3 Likes

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by maxiuc(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23
grin
Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by Parydelegate: 1:58pm On Apr 23
That video eh....My pikin must get confidence and sabi fight off bullies lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by meum: 1:59pm On Apr 23
All these private schools with British & American curricula sef

1 Like

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by NOwazobia: 1:59pm On Apr 23
The video was too graphic to watch that I was forced to quit it half way. embarassed

Not cool at all, and should be appropriately addressed not to ever reoccur.

Other schools should take a cue from it to appropriately address and update, and be more vigilant of these kind of incidents in their respective schools.

If not for the video and public out cry, it could lead to suicide or even life threatening internal injuries without ever knowing that bullies caused it.

I have a cousin that almost went insane because of same issue, but I was able to help when it got to my notice,...

Very irritating and provoking video. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by NoSmoking: 2:00pm On Apr 23
Bullying/Fighting is seriously prohibited in British schools...
Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by superCleanworks(m): 2:01pm On Apr 23
I am wondering, is it that there is no CCTV in the school
or was someone viewing the video footage and laughing in the control room till it came up on social media?

There would have been serious silence over this if it hadn't come up on the internet and I am 80% sure that whoever posted this online is getting suspended or expelled even before the bullies get to the principal's office (if that ever happens).

1 Like

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by baralatie(m): 2:01pm On Apr 23
I was expecting to hear suspension but what do I know .
Like the school does not want to offend the parents involved and it indicates the school has been seeing this and did nothing

1 Like

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by Skillsnigeria: 2:02pm On Apr 23
Okay
Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by adioolayi(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23
"LBIS appeals to members of the public, especially citizen journalists on social media, to refrain from further circulating the horrendous video of the incident, to protect the minors involved and their families."

Are you sure this protection appeal is ONLY about the minors and their parents and NOT THE IMAGE of your school

Dey Play

4 Likes

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23
They have to be exposed first ...

I honestly don't believe in this extremely expensive schools, they don't raise/train students with our conservative values.

Most of those kids are from "stinkingly" rich homes where parents hardly have time bringing them up in the right way.

So if you send your kids to such schools in the name of being rich, he/she may end up mixing with spoilt pampered brats!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by baralatie(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23
Emeskhalifa:
Una read anywhere wey dem say dem go suspend the bully?

Just dey play

Jus dey play my fans
🤷
Re: Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement) by fatherjesse(m): 2:04pm On Apr 23
This press release is not enough, they should make their findings and consequences of the act public

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) / Protest In AuchiPoly As Two Students Are Killed By Security / ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.