Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

I Just Watched: - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Just Watched: (1009 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / The Best Season Film You Have Watched / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Watched: by MsBS(f): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2007
This is a thread that you can post in just after you've watched a nigerian movie, so we can help each other with new reccommendations and warn each other off the awful movies.

Please say what the movie is that you just watched (Naija only), rate it and say what you thought of it.

I'll start,

I just watched POUNDS and DOLLARS.

I would give it 7/10

On the good side:

Patience O was in it which is always a plus. I thought her American accent was hilarious, because it was in the right context whereby it was poking fun at wanna be American Nigerians. There is one part where she calls her best friend back home and is trying to put on this American twang and the only "American" things she can think of saying are "daaaaaaaaaaym" and "sheeeeeeeeeet." Her friend asks her what is wrong with her voice and she says something about the "cold inAmerica" Tooo funny.

It really highlights how America is not all "swimming pools in your bedroom" and riches. There are many people who are there suffering, and when they suffer they don't oftern have the "wider community" support system that may exist in the village. Patience finds out the hard way by where she is broke and suffering in America for almost twenty years but then she still goes back to Naija and reinforces the image that America is a place where the streets are paved with gold.

On the bad side:
They should have thought more about the timeline. Patience's young character looked about 16. They then say <<ten years later>> and show Patience in Philadelphia. With all the will in the world Patience does not look 26!
Re: I Just Watched: by Lexyhearts(f): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2007
i just watched games man play i will rate it 100%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%//
Re: I Just Watched: by MsBS(f): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2007
Yep I liked Games men play as well as games women play, great movies!
Re: I Just Watched: by Lexyhearts(f): 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2007
wink
me too gal
Re: I Just Watched: by Ezinwannem: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2007
yea both games women and men play are good, suprised enough, went 2 naija last xmas and saw GAMES ANGELS PLAY
Re: I Just Watched: by Lexyhearts(f): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2007
Ezinwannem:

yea both games women and men play are good, suprised enough, went 2 naija last xmas and saw GAMES ANGELS PLAY

HOW IS GAMES ANGELS PLAY IS IT OK I MEAN IS IT INTERESTING ,IF ITS OK I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH IT.WHAT DO YOU THINK cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Language Version Of "coming To America.": Acted By Eddie Murphy! / 'party Hard' The Naija Remix-free Download ! / Ideas For Eviction Punishment For Nigeria's 1st All-adventure Yoruba Reality Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.