Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Advice!!! Msc In Agriculture Or Computer Sci - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice!!! Msc In Agriculture Or Computer Sci (615 Views)

Degree In Agriculture Or Degree In Chemical Engineering,which Is Better Better! / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? / Advice: Msc Remote Sensing And GIS In A Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice!!! Msc In Agriculture Or Computer Sci by abula112(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2019
Before i start, pls dont ask why am going for Msc.
I am a graduate with B.Agric, studied agricultural course from funaab, am currently consider going for masters but not sure which course to pursue. Normally am IT oriented guy right before my admission into funaab, i applied computer Sci, but if you a product of funaab u will confirm how funaab can change destiny lol, i was offered an agric course, i accepted the course then because after IT, Agric is my next vision, and also because i was convinced computer sci in most universities is just theory and not much to gain. Even while in sch i self learnt coding and pretty good at it, wrote some cool web, mobile and desktop apps, but am not convinced yet am a good software developer as i lack the skill in code optimization(space and time i.e big O) and other software principles that are theories.

I plan to invest heavily in agric plantation in the future and maybe research in the field of agriculture, thus my push to go for masters in Agric, at the same time my passion for IT(software development) is never ending, as am currently working as a software developer in company in lagos, but am not sure if its worth going for Msc in comp sci as am not convinced am gonna learn much from that, because i can pretty much learn out of sch, but there are some cases certification will be required.

Note: I also consider Professional courses(i have PHP
&Mysql) instead of Msc in computer Science

Pls your matured advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Advice!!! Msc In Agriculture Or Computer Sci by matrixme(m): 11:29am On Feb 25, 2019
Better go after the IT degree and collect your destiny back? What do you hope to do with an MSc in Agriculture in today's Nigeria? Very worthless ideal. It's better to even use the money and buy a small taxi for Uber self
Re: Advice!!! Msc In Agriculture Or Computer Sci by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2019
abula112:
Before i start, pls dont ask why am going for Msc.
I am a graduate with B.Agric, studied agricultural course from funaab, am currently consider going for masters but not sure which course to pursue. Normally am IT oriented guy right before my admission into funaab, i applied computer Sci, but if you a product of funaab u will confirm how funaab can change destiny lol, i was offered an agric course, i accepted the course then because after IT, Agric is my next vision, and also because i was convinced computer sci in most universities is just theory and not much to gain. Even while in sch i self learnt coding and pretty good at it, wrote some cool web, mobile and desktop apps, but am not convinced yet am a good software developer as i lack the skill in code optimization(space and time i.e big O) and other software principles that are theories.

I plan to invest heavily in agric plantation in the future and maybe research in the field of agriculture, thus my push to go for masters in Agric, at the same time my passion for IT(software development) is never ending, as am currently working as a software developer in company in lagos, but am not sure if its worth going for Msc in comp sci as am not convinced am gonna learn much from that, because i can pretty much learn out of sch, but there are some cases certification will be required.

Note: I also consider Professional courses(i have PHP
&Mysql) instead of Msc in computer Science

Pls your matured advice will be greatly appreciated.
Go for m.sc agriculture instead of computer science. The reasons are as follows;
1. You believe that computer science is more of theory in many universities in Nigeria couple with the fact that you are grounded in I.T
2. You might want to switch into academic line in the nearest future hence agriculture would be better since you have the foundation from your b.sc.
Re: Advice!!! Msc In Agriculture Or Computer Sci by abula112(m): 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2019
asuustrike1:

Go for m.sc agriculture instead of computer science. The reasons are as follows;
1. You believe that computer science is more of theory in many universities in Nigeria couple with the fact that you are grounded in I.T
2. You might want to switch into academic line in the nearest future hence agriculture would be better since you have the foundation from your b.sc.

Thanks for d advice sir
Re: Advice!!! Msc In Agriculture Or Computer Sci by abula112(m): 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2019
matrixme:
Better go after the IT degree and collect your destiny back? What do you hope to do with an MSc in Agriculture in today's Nigeria? Very worthless ideal. It's better to even use the money and buy a small taxi for Uber self

lol, thanks for the advice sir

(1) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2019 Results Release Date / Can I Study Theatre/surgical Nursing In Nigerian University / Unilorin Student Threatened With SDC By Lecturer Over Whatsapp Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.