Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? (1771 Views)

2023 Presidency: Who Becomes APC’s Flagbearer? / South-east Presidency: Who Is Your Preferred Candidate?? / The 9th Senate: Full List Of Newly Elected Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by farem: 3:06pm On Feb 25, 2019
As it is. It's clear that senator Bukoka Saraki has lost out in the epic political battle. No thanks to O TO GEE thing.
APC, with the results so far released has gained upper hand in the coming 9th Senate.
In your opinion, who do you think should be nominated, based on the results released so far AND from which political zone should the person come from.

FOR ME I WHOLEHEARTEDLY NOMINATE SENATOR OVIE OMO-AGEGE!
He is fearless, rugged and learned

Your views, please

No insults, please

1 Like

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by paiz: 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2019
I think Okorocha will be the Senate President
Since he is from the east

2 Likes

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Tobimillar1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2019
With apc winning the presidency, South south just lost the biggest opportunity. Akpabio would have been the most qualified for the position especially as a returning senator . As it stands now, senator Ovie omo agege is the only returning APC senator from south south. I don’t know of any returning senator from south east in ApC asides kalu from Abia .
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Tobimillar1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2019
He has to be a returning senator
paiz:

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
Tobimillar1:
With apc winning the presidency, South south just lost the biggest opportunity. Akpabio would have been the most qualified for the position especially as a returning senator . As it stands now, senator Ovie omo agege is the only returning APC senator from south south. I don’t know of any returning senator from south east in ApC asides kalu from Abia .

A tout as SP? God forbid.

1 Like

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by RTSC: 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2019
Tobimillar1:
That is If pdp will allow it. They have significant numbers if not the majority.

They will thwart the apc and reelect their candidate once again.
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by farem: 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2019
paiz:

Remember he is not a ranking senator, unless the party influences that
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by karnivorous(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2019
SOUTH-SOUTH; SPECIFICALLY SENATOR OBARISI OVIE OMO-AGEGE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Tobimillar1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2019
You say what ? So far, apc seems to have the highest number of senators
RTSC:

That is If pdp will allow it. They have significant numbers if not the majority.

1 Like

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by raumdeuter: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ovie Omo-Agege is it

1 Like

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2019
farem:
As it is. It's clear that senator Bukoka Saraki has lost out in the epic political battle. No thanks to O TO GEE thing.
APC, with the results so far released has gained upper hand in the coming 9th Senate.
In your opinion, who do you think should be nominated, based on the results released so far AND from which political zone should the person come from.

FOR ME I WHOLEHEARTEDLY NOMINATE SENATOR OVIE OMO-AGEGE!
He is fearless, rugged and learned

Your views, please

No insults, please

Omo-Agege is also my nominee. The guy is a fighter who will fight for Nigeria and also fight for the Niger Delta.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Tobimillar1(m): 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

You don’t have a choice . Last senate president was from north central, and since he is not returning , I don’t know any returning INFLUENCIAL senator from that zone ... maybe akume of Benue state. So sad that akapabio lost . He would have been a perfect fit .south east and south need to play politics with sense .
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by donphiilopus(m): 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
Tobimillar1:

What about Senator Francis Alimekhena of Edo North? He represents my district and he's the Deputy Whip now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
paiz:

It's dangerous for okorohausa to become the Senate president..
Senate president should still remain in northcentral
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2019
Tobimillar1:

You don’t have a choice . Last senate president was from north central, and since he is not returning , I don’t know any returning INFLUENCIAL senator from that zone ... maybe akume of Benue state. So sad that akapabio lost . He would have been a perfect fit .south east and south need to play politics with sense .

I learnt George Akume lost too.

BTW what do you mean SS/SE need to play politics with sense? Is it by force to vote for APC?
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2019
donphiilopus:

What about Senator Francis Alimekhena of Edo North? He represents my district and he's the Deputy Whip now.

DID HE WIN?
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by donphiilopus(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

DID HE WIN?

Sure. He did. I heard PDP won in Edo South. Central has always been sure for PDP too.
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by farem: 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2019
RTSC:

Do you think before writing anything? Even Atiku, Saraki would be disappointed with this your thoughtless line

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Soneh(m): 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2019
Before you do your permutations just know that the next senate would be made up of more of PDP, all three senators that won in Plateau and Benue are from PDP. Not forgetting the three senatorial seats in Rivers state already in the bag for PDP.
Lets just watch and see. The drama would be a very interesting one.

2 Likes

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Tobimillar1(m): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

BTW what do you mean SS/SE need to play politics with sense? Is it by force to vote for APC?

And yet the south east and south south keep losing out on top 4 positions
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Viergeachar: 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2019
The Senate President 'must' come from the north since the VP is from the south.
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Corrinthians(m): 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2019
Given the outcome, it would be nice to have someone from the South East take the position. Not just nice, it would be fair to concede it to them. Then give the SSG to the Middle Belt.

Congratulations to all Progressives. Let us start planning 2023 right away. cool

We need to bury pdp I such a manner they stand no chance to ever arise again.
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Corrinthians(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
Shuku0kukobambi:

Omo-Agege is also my nominee. The guy is a fighter who will fight for Nigeria and also fight for the Niger Delta.
This is a good strategy. If you want to destroy any imaginary alliance that exists between ss and se, just give the position to ss. If the south easterners complain about it, theyd be seen as being jealous and pretentious all along over their professed brotherhood. grin

4 Likes

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Efewestern: 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

But you want A thief to be your president?

Lol.. relax dude.. we are producing the next Senate president. Omo-agege will be your next Senate president, the highest you can do is to wail.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by helinues: 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
To be honest and sincere, Ike Ikweremadu fits the position
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2019
farem:

Do you think before writing anything? Even Atiku, Saraki would be disappointed with this your thoughtless line
PDP have significant numbers of senator elect.They will most likely be nothing less than 40 PDP senators
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Efewestern: 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2019
Corrinthians:
This is a good strategy. If you want to destroy any imaginary alliance that exists between ss and se, just give the position to ss. If the south easterners complain about it, theyd be seen as being jealous and pretentious all along over their professed brotherhood. grin

While Omo-agege is a good fighter, I think the main character who gave APC votes in Delta state is Ogboru. he is the real MVP.

He should even move to national politics and leave Delta state, we are fully behind him. The people's general.

2 Likes

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2019
Efewestern:

But you want A thief to be your president?

Lol.. relax dude.. we are producing the next Senate president. Omo-agege will be your next Senate president, the highest you can do is to wail.
Both me and you will both type from our phones as we have no say.But Omo-Agege can never be senate president.If the APC makes that mistake some of her members will revolt and another Saraki will happen

1 Like

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Ugosample(m): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

nice
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
Tobimillar1:

And yet the south east and south south keep losing out on top 4 positions
Did the SE vote APC before making it to DSP? The people that have the presidency are there any better

1 Like

Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by ola6: 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
Omo age or Akpabio...�
Re: 9TH SENATE PRESIDENCY : Who Should Be Nominated And From Which Zone? by Shuku0kukobambi: 4:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
Corrinthians:

Wicked guy cheesy

I no want divide and rule again. Imo, Ebonyi and Abia showed this victory is national cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

9th NASS: PDP Govs Meet, To Endorse Candidates / Jonathan Should Apologize To Nigerians – Buhari / Face Of The Serial Killer Terrorizing PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.