Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria (5935 Views)

Student Disappears After Withdrawing Money From ATM / The Roles And Importance Of Purchasing As A Business Activity In An Organisation / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 3:01am On Aug 28, 2010
I will be glad if i could get a few reasonable points concerning this
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Pharoh: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2010
34 views and no reply but any admission runs would have gotten more than 20 replies. Well can you explain more so that we can contribute but i promise to write something later sha. Though i have not used it but from some little research i think i might add something to it.

This is what this section should be for and not only admission stuffs.
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by BLACKSNIP(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2010
Dclique:

I will be glad if i could get a few reasonable points concerning this

Moderator where have you been? This section is full of scammers, do something, Eradicate them all.
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Kadata(m): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2010
Roles
-Saves time instead of queueing
-reduces work load for bank cashiers
-saves money for d customer. Counter withdrawals have a charge rate. But atm withdrawals are free, except it's not ur bank.
-speed of withdrawal:of course it's faster, than with counter withdrawals.
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Kadata(m): 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2010
Problems
-you can't pay in, you only withdraw.
-has a limit for amount withdrawn per transaction. i.e 100grand.
-isn't consumer friendly.if u have any problem, it's u and d machine, nobody else.
-isn't security friendly. E.g ur atm card can be cloned.
-errors due to mechanical and computerial problems. You have 100grand, the machine gives u 1grand as balance.

I don try?
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Kadata(m): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2010
Another role:
-saves labour cost for d bank/company. Instead of hiring a new cashier. An atm machine does d magic.
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2010
Wow thank you for the replies. I thought i was the only one who saw this section as an admission office
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Pharoh: 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2010
Okay let me follow the example of kadara.

Pros

Convenient to use
Reliable (24hrs )
Self Service advantage
Inexpensive/time saving account monitoring solution

Cons
Withdrawal limit
Susceptible to fraud
Lack of privacy
Easily to be a victim of robbery
Not enough service ( Only Account service and phone bill topup)

Will write more later.
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2010
Impressive.
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 12:01am On Sep 08, 2010
Problems
1)Fraud

2)Availability of Automatic Teller Machines(atm)

3) Withdrawal Cost, although it will decrease with time

4)Frequent Malfunctions

5)WITHDRAWAL LIMIT

6)Network failures

7)Inability to print out transaction details

coolInability to dispense money
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 12:04am On Sep 08, 2010
Roles
Convenient
1.Whenever you run out of money, you can easily withdraw cash at thousands of locations 24 hours a day.

Security
2.There's no need to carry large amounts of cash and expose yourself to thieves. Just withdraw what you need for the day or even for one purchase.

Avoiding Banks
3.With an ATM, you can check your balance, make deposits and transfer money between accounts without entering a bank or going online.

Service Charges
4.Unless you take money from your own account at your own bank's ATM, your withdrawal gets two service charges: one from the ATM owner and another from your bank.

Vulnerability
5.Depending on when and where you use an ATM, you may be isolated from passersby and bank guards. This makes you vulnerable to thieves who can force you to empty your bank account.

Skimming
6.Thieves can attach electronic devices (skimmers) to an ATM that record your card information and PIN code. They can then use that information to quickly withdraw money at another location before you discover the theft.
Re: Roles And Problem With Automatic Teller Machines(atm) In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
Please I tried withdrawing but got 'Switch error'. Minutes later, I get an alert that I withdrew money from my account. Any hope?

(1) (Reply)

Fut Minna 2011/2012 Admission Is Released. / Laspotech School Fees 2018 for ND and HND ( FULL ANALYSIS) / Why Did Sir Isaac Newton Stick A Needle In His Eye?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.