Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,299 members, 7,957,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric (5450 Views)

Deafening Silence From Yorubas As Northern Cleric Declares Fatwa On Remi Tinubu / Pastor Odumeje: Obi Ezekwesili And Others Are Hypocrites - Reno Omokri / Twitter Suspension: US, UK, EU, Others Are Hypocrites - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by wman(m): 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
I laugh when people expect the South West to vote for someone because he's from their tribe or other flimsy reasons. Jonathan was incompetent and we voted him out. Buhari is a failure and we voted massively against him despite the fact that Osinbajo his VP is from South West and Atiku chose a SE guy without even promising the SW anything.

Most of us don't care about a stupid train that less than 5% of us will use. Buhari got a lot of SW votes this time due to massive rigging, Tinubu's influence and the fact that Atiku is not a sellable candidate that did not even try to appeal to the SW or garner their votes.

We are unlike other regions that are blinded by tribalism and hate. I see no reasons for the betrayers and other nonsense name some ill-informed Nairalanders use.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Nyamuriflathead: 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
Oshin56:
you know since the time that train have been function at SW or did they construct new road at SW

Bros buhari didn't even do anything in the Southwest, I just remembered. But he built 6 refineries In the north, skyscrapers and even launched a satellite in kano. This must be the reason you all voted against him.

Thumbs up man!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Oshin56(m): 10:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:

Bros buhari didn't even do anything in the Southwest, I just remembered. But he built 6 refineries In the north, skyscrapers and even launched a satellite in kano. This must be the reason you all voted against him.

Thumbs up man!!!!
nothing will happen they should go ahead with there threat
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Sirjamo: 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2019
I really do not like Hausa people that much, its Buhari that I love because of his honesty and integrity.
Come 2023, we Yoruba will rather support an Igbo man for president than to allow another Hausa to rule again.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by SouthEastFacts: 11:15pm On Feb 25, 2019
This is wickedness. To be sincere, SW deserves the total support of the North in 2023.

Those guys went overboard with their relationship with the South just to keep Buhari in power. I think they deserve better.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by anonymuz(m): 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2019
kponkedenge:
That Hausa guy said the truth. In 4 years time, if APC brings out a south westerner and PDP fields another northerner, the Hausas will vote PDP. So when I see the South West trying so hard to please the northerners, I just laugh.
I just dey laugh the western part of this country,they are the problem of this country. Hypocrisy dey there body, and I always call them educated illiterates

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by anonymuz(m): 11:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
dmk23:
I don't know why people keep blaming the yoruba's. saying we are hypocrites. we were supposed to vote for either Atiku Or Buhari which are Hausa persons. Are you now saying we shouldn't have casted over votes at all. we don't care in 2023 if an Hausa man contest with us. if God says we would win the presidential sit then we would. I wonder how voting for one Hausa man became an hypocritical thing to do.
you people are just puppet to the fulanis,infact you are educated illiterates
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by SouthEastFacts: 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
This is pure madness from the treacherous North.

We rather take the risk and field an Osinbanjo/Obi. We must come together to save this nation from the North because if we fall into their trap again in 2023 (North/SE ticket), then we should forget about Southern presidency until another Yar'adua happens.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by tossie101(f): 12:08am On Feb 26, 2019
helinues:

And Tinubu is playing is own wrong right?

Tinubu has touts he controls yorubas but u can't say ekweremadu controls SE..

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 26, 2019
SouthEastFacts:
This is pure madness from the treacherous North.

We rather take the risk and field an Osinbanjo/Obi. We must come together to save this nation from the North because if we fall into their trap again in 2023 (North/SE ticket), then we should forget about Southern presidency until another Yar'adua happens.
Nice combo. But that ship has long sailed. The north have gotten their mojo back. The south has sold its soul.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 26, 2019
kponkedenge:
That Hausa guy said the truth. In 4 years time, if APC brings out a south westerner and PDP fields another northerner, the Hausas will vote PDP. So when I see the South West trying so hard to please the northerners, I just laugh.

If we care to observe the Nigerian politics through the lens of REALITY OF PERCEPTION IN PERFECT PRECISION, it becomes very clear with FACTS that such an assertion by that Hausa guy is not ENTIRELY THE TRUTH with his choice of words "AN AVERAGE HAUSA MAN WILL NEVER VOTE AGAINST HIS TRIBE"

The simple fact which makes his assertion UNTRUTH is in the 1993 Presidential elections that was annulled.

The two contestants were,

Bashir Othman Tofa, a Nigerian politician. A Hausa Muslim who hails from Kano State, Tofa was the National Republican Convention (NRC) candidate in the annulled Nigeria's June 12, 1993 presidential election, which was organised by the military government of General Ibrahim Babangida. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashir_Tofa

Versus

Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, GCFR (24 August 1937 – 7 July 1998)

a Nigerian Yorubabusinessman, publisher, politician and aristocrat of the Yoruba Egba clan, he was the Aare Ona Kankafo of the Yoruba land.[5] MKO Abiola ran for the presidency in 1993, for which the election results were annulled by the preceding military president Ibrahim Babangida because of allegations that they were corrupt and unfair.[6] Abiola was awarded the GCFR posthumously on 6 June 2018 by President Muhammadu Buhari and Nigeria's democracy day was changed to June 12.[7][8] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshood_Abiola

Bashir Tofa was beaten in his own state of KANO, A STATE OF HAUSAS IN THE MULTITUDE by Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, but not only Kano State but Borno State, Kaduna state, Jigawa State to mention a few states in Northern Nigeria.

So it makes that guys assertion "that an average Hausa man will never vote against his tribe to be a mere SENTIMENTAL ASSUMPTION when we dig into the Nigerian archives.

HISTORY, THEY SAY DO REPEAT ITSELF AND IN THE GAME OF POLITICS, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

It's sheer STUPIDITY by the cleric. The two main contestants in this elections for presidency are both HAUSA-FULANI and as well MUSLIMS, ATIKU and BUHARI.

Except if Abiola was voted for and won in many states in the North by either BELOW AVERAGE HAUSAS or ABOVE AVERAGE HAUSAS or not HAUSAS AT ALL, WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE IN THE HOME STATE OF BASHIR TOFA, KANO STATE WHICH HE WAS DEFEATED BY A YORUBA MAN.

Am very sure, Bashir Tofa must have tagged his fellow Hausa brethren as HYPOCRITES of which he has the most right than as this cleric has tagged Yorubas for voting another Fellow Hausa and a Muslim. What if Atiku was a Christian?! Such clerics are the type who use manipulative RHETORICS to ginger the minds of their followers to act violently for their own SELFISH INTEREST in the guise of RELIGION.

Cc SOUTHEASTFACTS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by SouthEastFacts: 12:24am On Feb 26, 2019
Chiwude:
Nice combo. But that ship has long sailed. The north have gotten their mojo back. The south has sold its soul.
Every mistake can be corrected. But I doubt if our brothers have the political will
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by SouthEastFacts: 12:33am On Feb 26, 2019
WORDWORLD:

If we care to observe the Nigerian politics through the lens of REALITY OF PERCEPTION IN PERFECT PRECISION, it becomes very clear with FACTS that such an assertion by that Hausa guy is not the TRUTH with is choice of words "AN AVERAGE HAUSA MAN WILL NEVER VOTE AGAINST HIS TRIBE"

The simple fact which makes his assertion UNTRUTH is in the 1993 Presidential elections that was annulled.

Cc SOUTHEASTFACTS.

Boss, I am not Hausa but I have lived in the North and I am married to an Hausa Christian, believe me if PDP fields AtikuObi again in 2023 and APC fields Osibanjo/Tambuwal, those Northerners calling Atiku thief will turn around to lick the dust of his feets.

If you think Kwankwaso, Tambuwal, Saraki decamped to PDP because of 2019 you are mistaken. It is just a landing pad for 2023.

The Kwankwaso that couldn't win his polling unit will clear the entire North in 2023. A Kwankwaso/SE ticket is likely in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 26, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Boss, I am not Hausa but I have lived in the North and I am married to an Hausa Christian, believe me if PDP fields AtikuObi again in 2023 and APC fields Osibanjo/Tambuwal, those Northerners calling Atiku thief will turn around to lick the dust of his feets.

If you think Kwankwaso, Tambuwal, Saraki decamped to PDP because of 2019 you are mistaken. It is just a landing pad for 2023.

The Kwankwaso that couldn't win his polling unit will clear the entire North in 2023. A Kwankwaso/SE ticket is likely in 2023.

My example is based upon what has happened in the past and not what is yet to happen which is a mere assumption your variables as to your choice of contestants for 2023. The summary of my argument is very simply. It is on record that a person who is not a Hausa by tribe triumphed in even in the over a Hausa man during a presidential election in Nigeria's politics, making that guy's assertion to be a SENTIMENTAL ASSUMPTION.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by SouthEastFacts: 12:43am On Feb 26, 2019
WORDWORLD:

My example is based upon what has happened in the past and not what is yet to happen which is a mere assumption your variables as to your choice of contestants for 2023. The summary of my argument is very simply. It is on record that a person who is not a Hausa by tribe triumphed in even in the over a Hausa man during a presidential election in Nigeria's politics, making that guy's assertion to be a SENTIMENTAL ASSUMPTION.
Oga I am a trained Data Analyst, you don't use one historical scenario to make a generalization so your submission doesn't hold.

The circumstances that surrounded that event has changed, the demographics and tribal sentiment. Sharia wasn't an issue in Nigeria then and tribal paranoia were all low then.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 26, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

Oga I am a trained Data Analyst, you don't use one scenario to make a generalization so your submission doesn't hold.

grin my submission is not a generalisation but a permutation which is that if such could happen in the past, there is a POSSIBILITY of it to happen in the future if conditions favourable to such manifestation of history repeating itself are met.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by imam07: 12:48am On Feb 26, 2019
tossie101:

Lol is it the senator or emir that will decided the vote of people?
Oh I forgot u are a Yoruba, ..
Only YORUBAS Practice godfatherism system of voting, Tinubu has all ur Brains .
But not the same for se and north.
The masses vote who they want
But that fugitive Nnamdi Kanu is your godfather.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by SouthEastFacts: 12:53am On Feb 26, 2019
WORDWORLD:

grin my submission is not a generalisation but a permutation which is that if such could happen in the past, there is a POSSIBILITY of it to happen in the future if conditions favourable to such manifestation of history repeating itself are met.
I didn't know you have responded. I have modified the comment you quoted.

The truth is those conditions have changed, so you can't extrapolate that even to predict what might happen in the future
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by socialmediaman: 12:56am On Feb 26, 2019
ngadaAwo:
this election go dey like bitter lemon drink

sweet and bitter at the same time

as for me irrespective of the outcome I'll no longer bash the good people of Yorubas anymore

maximum Respect to them cool

I’m glad you learned your lessons. Tribal Bigotry should be rejected by all
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by imam07: 1:01am On Feb 26, 2019
anonymuz:
I just dey laugh the western part of this country,they are the problem of this country. Hypocrisy dey there body, and I always call them educated illiterates
It will ever pain you because yorubas will never have anything to do with the ibos. Even if we no too like Hausa, our working relationship will keep giving you b.p.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by imam07: 1:04am On Feb 26, 2019
anonymuz:
you people are just puppet to the fulanis,infact you are educated illiterates
Why u no make use of your brain b4 posting this. The atiku you all the East are worshiping now is an ibo or ss? You called yorubas are slave to the Hausa. Why the ibos and the ss are now slaves to atiku. Mumu
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by anonymuz(m): 1:06am On Feb 26, 2019
imam07:
Why u no make use of your brain b4 posting this. The atiku you all the East are worshiping now is an ibo or ss? You called yorubas are slave to the Hausa. Why the ibos and the ss are now slaves to atiku. Mumu
use ur own brain too idiot, mind you I'm far from eastern part of the country.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 26, 2019
WORDWORLD:

If we care to observe the Nigerian politics through the lens of REALITY OF PERCEPTION IN PERFECT PRECISION, it becomes very clear with FACTS that such an assertion by that Hausa guy is not the TRUTH with is choice of words "AN AVERAGE HAUSA MAN WILL NEVER VOTE AGAINST HIS TRIBE"

The two contestants were,

Bashir Othman Tofa, a Nigerian politician. A Hausa Muslim who hails from Kano State, Tofa was the National Republican Convention (NRC) candidate in the annulled Nigeria's June 12, 1993 presidential election, which was organised by the military government of General Ibrahim Babangida. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashir_Tofa

Versus

Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, GCFR (24 August 1937 – 7 July 1998)

a Nigerian Yorubabusinessman, publisher, politician and aristocrat of the Yoruba Egba clan, he was the Aare Ona Kankafo of the Yoruba land.[5] MKO Abiola ran for the presidency in 1993, for which the election results were annulled by the preceding military president Ibrahim Babangida because of allegations that they were corrupt and unfair.[6] Abiola was awarded the GCFR posthumously on 6 June 2018 by President Muhammadu Buhari and Nigeria's democracy day was changed to June 12.[7][8] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshood_Abiola

Bashir Tofa was beaten in his own state of KANO, A STATE OF HAUSAS IN THE MULTITUDE by Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, but not only Kano State but Borno State, Kaduna state, Jigawa State to mention a few states in Northern Nigeria.

So it makes that guys assertion "that an average Hausa man will never vote against his tribe to be a mere SENTIMENTAL ASSUMPTION when we dig into the Nigerian archives.

HISTORY, THEY SAY DO REPEAT ITSELF AND IN THE GAME OF POLITICS, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

It's sheer STUPIDITY by the cleric. The two main contestants in this elections for presidency are both HAUSA-FULANI and as well MUSLIMS, ATIKU and BUHARI.

Except if Abiola was voted for and won in many states in the North by either BELOW AVERAGE HAUSAS or ABOVE AVERAGE HAUSAS or not HAUSAS AT ALL, WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE IN THE HOME STATE OF BASHIR TOFA, KANO STATE WHICH HE WAS DEFEATED BY A YORUBA MAN.

Am very sure, Bashir Tofa must have tagged his fellow Hausa brethren as HYPOCRITES of which he has the most right than as this cleric has tagged Yorubas for voting another Fellow Hausa and a Muslim. What if Atiku was a Christian?! Such clerics are the type who use manipulative RHETORICS to ginger the minds of their followers to act violently for their own SELFISH INTEREST in the guise of RELIGION.

Cc SOUTHEASTFACTS.

In the national awareness of a Nigerian in 1993, Abiola was a saviour. Remember there was nothing like smartphone then. Ignorance was still rife.

Information was passed from mouth to mouth.

For example, if Elrufai contests against Dangote Today, who will north vote? That answers your question.

Tofa was not even a known politician like Elrufai is today.

No discussion in those days ended without a mention of Abiola's name.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by imam07: 1:12am On Feb 26, 2019
See as ibos and ss dey analyze what will happen in 2023 election. The 2019 election that we just do we u still dey cry on top. U think politics is bread and tea.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by imam07: 1:15am On Feb 26, 2019
anonymuz:
use ur own brain too idiot, mind you I'm far from eastern part of the country.
So u are blind too. U don't need to tell me u are from the east. Go back and read my post again and u will see where I tag u eastern.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Yankee101: 1:15am On Feb 26, 2019
Yoruba be ready

They seem to be coming for you

But I trust the Yoruba. He can stand up to any man anywhere when he decides to
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 26, 2019
SouthEastFacts:

I didn't know you have responded. I have modified the comment you quoted.

The truth is those conditions have changed, so you can't extrapolate that even to predict what might happen in the future

Change is a constant, who says conditions can't still change in favour of such a manifestation leaving a Hausa man with no option but to vote against his own tribe. Am not trying to be fixative my point is simple and clear it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE IN POLITICS.

Cc: Naughtysite.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by KunleyY19(m): 1:36am On Feb 26, 2019
Same way Jonathan was allowed in 2011 same way ours will come...
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by SouthEastFacts: 8:38am On Feb 26, 2019
Naughtysite:

In the national awareness of a Nigerian in 1993, Abiola was a saviour. Remember there was nothing like smartphone then. Ignorance was still rife.

Information was passed from mouth to mouth.

For example, if Elrufai contests against Dangote Today, who will north vote? That answers your question.

Tofa was not even a known politician like Elrufai is today.

No discussion in those days ended without a mention of Abiola's name.
You are right.

Do you know in the East and many part of the North I am aware of, Cowbell Milk is known as Abiola Milk?
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by SouthEastFacts: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2019
KunleyY19:
Same way Jonathan was allowed in 2011 same way ours will come...
You know to successfully do that you will need the entire south? But the way you guys are fighting battle blindly against your Southern neighbours how do you intend to do that?

The North didn't even wait for INEC to announce the result and they openly called Yorubas traitors despite what you guys did for them, instead of facing them squarely, your cowardly brothers are busy fighting Ndi Igbo.

Believe most Igbos guys are already looking towards 2023 but the way Avengers and PDP are stirring up unrest, we might be forced to support them.
Re: Yoruba's Are Hypocrites - Northern Cleric by ideynl1: 10:36am On Feb 26, 2019
Someone should translate

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Budgets N138 Million To Tackle Fake News, Print Calendars / How Do You Plan On Celebrating Independence Day / NASS Lauds Ugwuanyi’s Leadership Qualities (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.