Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria (1244 Views)

2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje / Jim Nwobodo: It Is The Right Of The Igbo To Produce The President / 2023: South-west Will Produce The Next President Of Nigeria — Ahmad Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2019
There is a grossly high population of unenlightened electorates in the north who vote mostly based on *religious* and *ethnic* sentiment and politics from all indication appears to be a game of numbers. The politically naive and unenlightened *north* will *always* produced the president in Nigeria due to their population.

Don't you think it is high time you *stand up* we put a stop to this *nonsense*

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Nbote(m): 7:27am On Feb 26, 2019
Becos dey are united and na dem get d population wbile d south is divided
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by netpro(m): 7:28am On Feb 26, 2019
If the PDP spent their 16 years "enlightening" Nigerians, they will not need to be "victimized" by the poor. So this is pay back.

The masses are in charge now. We are dealing with the elites that thought themselves gods and untouchables.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by GOFRONT(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2019
Well, I think we should change the title of this election from #NigeraDecides to #Unenlightened Decides....

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Mightymanna(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2019
what do you mean by Ethinic and Religious sentiments?

is Atiku not a Muslim? you failed to understand that no one I repeat no one will defeat PMB in the North even if it is King Salman of Saudi Arabia. The issue is that once you are identified with corruption in the North you are finished politically

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by helinues: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2019
You mean your education is useless in south??
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Lihyunpark(m): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2019
The unenlightened North voted PDP 16years.. So just sit down and enjoy the long ride of the APC. Dont be an hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 7:34am On Feb 26, 2019
netpro:
If the PDP spent their 16 years "enlightening" Nigerians, they will not need to be "victimized" by the poor. So this is pay back.

The masses are in charge now. We are dealing with the elites that thought themselves gods and untouchables.
On the contrary, nothing has changed. The new elites in town are the APC...and of cos defected and up coming defectors...(which are same PDP)

Nothing has changed. If the masses were in charge (as you said) Sowore or Mughalu would have won.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by netpro(m): 7:37am On Feb 26, 2019
UncleJudax:

On the contrary, nothing has changed. The new elites in town are the APC...and of cos defected and up coming defectors...(which are same PDP)

Nothing has changed. If the masses were in charge (as you said) Sowore or Mughalu would have won.

What have Sowore or Mughalu done for the masses to deserve the support. You better tell them to start as LGA Chairmen.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 7:37am On Feb 26, 2019
Lihyunpark:
The unenlightened North voted PDP 16years.. So just sit down and enjoy the long ride of the APC. Dont be an hypocrite!

It is unfortunate. But you also should know that APC and PDP are just names. The same people are running the show.

Na ordinary Nigerians de lose.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 7:41am On Feb 26, 2019
Orbot012:
There is a grossly high population of unenlightened electorates in the north who vote mostly based on *religious* and *ethnic* sentiment and politics from all indication appears to be a game of numbers. The politically naive and unenlightened *north* will *always* produced the president in Nigeria due to their population.

They need the power to survive. They are not really more in numbers but they are more politically minded and desperate for power. Besides, power is in their hands. They took advantage of it. They used military to intimidate us in the south and so many were afraid of coming out. The few that came out were disorganized in most communities.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Lihyunpark(m): 7:43am On Feb 26, 2019
UncleJudax:

It is unfortunate. But you also should know that APC and PDP are just names. The same people are running the show.

Na ordinary Nigerians de lose.

Exactly.. I use to tell me friends that we Nigerians are just like game pad in their hands.. They play us like FIFA imagine people loosing thier life just to vote. Vote that doesnt count. I personally doesnt vote. None of the parties is worth my sweat. It's just a waste of time, energy and risk of life they are all politicians with kleptomania fingers!

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 7:44am On Feb 26, 2019
netpro:

What have Sowore or Mughalu done for the masses to deserve the support. You better tell them to start as LGA Chairmen.
Lol. What did Buhari do for the masses before he got the Job in 2015?

Well, I actually knew right from the outset that given the political landscape in Nigeria, both Sowore and Mughalu weren't going to cut it.

This is Nigeria...there is reason the country is where it is today. The people take pride in electing clueless leaders.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Clentuzbaba(m): 7:45am On Feb 26, 2019
[quote author=Orbot012 post=76133960]There is a grossly high population of unenlightened electorates in the north who vote mostly based on *religious* and *ethnic* sentiment and politics from all indication appears to be a game of numbers. The politically naive and unenlightened *north* will *always* produced the president in Nigeria due to their population.

Don't you think it is high time you *stand up* we put a stop to this *nonsense*[/quote

By?
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 7:45am On Feb 26, 2019
helinues:
You mean your education is useless in south??

It's not wasted but we are not united. The average Igbo will not cooperate with the Yoruba. The Niger Delta are on their own. The Churches are not united. So our real problem is disunity.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 7:51am On Feb 26, 2019
Lihyunpark:

Exactly.. I use to tell me friends that we Nigerians are just like game pad in their hands.. They play us like FIFA imagine people loosing thier life just to vote. Vote that doesnt count. I personally doesnt vote. None of the parties is worth my sweat. It's just a waste of time, energy and risk of life they are all politicians with kleptomania fingers!
Just look at the turn-out, very poor (and you contributed grin).

Another 4 years for Buhari was unimaginable...but it is imminent.

I pity Nigeria, I pity the south more.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Lihyunpark(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2019
UncleJudax:

Me countributing to the election by voting wouldnt have make any changes. When their is one 9 year old boy in gombe thumb printing over 500 ballot papers. When thugs are snatching boxes here and there. You no what, the election we are observing in Nigeria is just a camouflage the real votes that counts are the ones they voted in bushes and in huts and boxes snatched. The earlier we understand Nigeria is already a failed state the better for us. Sadly there is noting we can do. The election we surpose to serve as the power of the power is even compromised. What about the aspirants for the political post? All of them are corrupt. Nigeria has no hope at least for the next 8 years.. Who is goin to rule nigeria after buhari is gone? Another curropt leader maybe Atiku, or saraki or tambuwal, or fashola. And if at all they are not even corrupt what about their associates, their minister, their senators and honourables. The judges! Every fucking sector is infested with curropt minded animals in human skin!
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by SluttanSlayer: 8:04am On Feb 26, 2019
Mightymanna:

is Atiku not a Muslim? you failed to understand that no one I repeat no one will defeat PMB in the North even if it is King Salman of Saudi Arabia. The issue is that once you are identified with corruption in the North you are finished politically

Abacha is still worshipped in the north .

It has nothing to do with corruption but rather how Buhari has over the years packaged himself as a champion of jihad.

They support Buhari for this purpose only .

They know nobody can elevate them out of their poverty state but support Buhari because they know he will deal with the south by slowing down progress .
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 9:14am On Feb 26, 2019
Lihyunpark:

Me countributing to the election by voting wouldnt have make any changes. When their is one 9 year old boy in gombe thumb printing over 500 ballot papers. When thugs are snatching boxes here and there. You no what, the election we are observing in Nigeria is just a camouflage the real votes that counts are the ones they voted in bushes and in huts and boxes snatched. The earlier we understand Nigeria is already a failed state the better for us. Sadly there is noting we can do. The election we surpose to serve as the power of the power is even compromised. What about the aspirants for the political post? All of them are corrupt. Nigeria has no hope at least for the next 8 years.. Who is goin to rule nigeria after buhari is gone? Another curropt leader maybe Atiku, or saraki or tambuwal, or fashola. And if at all they are not even corrupt what about their associates, their minister, their senators and honourables. The judges! Every fucking sector is infested with curropt minded animals in human skin!

You are one of millions who didn't show up...so na so every one de talk say my vote for no count.

Nigeria is a failed state but there is a solution. Let's hold the governors accountable. We need smaller government... FG has failed.
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by capitalzero: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2019
Mightymanna:

no. if you are identified with sharia.
what about ganduje? is he not corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Lihyunpark(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2019
UncleJudax:

You are one of millions who didn't show up...so na so every one de talk say my vote for no count.

Nigeria is a failed state but there is a solution. Let's hold the governors accountable. We need smaller government... FG has failed.

ok i agree that I am one of the millions that didnt vote and that as cost the Nigerians to vote the right person. What i want you to know is that do we even have the right person in the first place?.. Which of the contestant is right?. None!. I will give you and example. A leader who is going to rule a country should be free from any form of malpractices in election... Bu in the case of our so called Good learders the two strong parties are sharing money to convince people to vote them. If a person knows he is ready to serve the masses he is ready to make nigeria better. He will never share money to people even if is opositions are doing so since he know is good intentions for the nigerians is enough. But see. Atiku shares money. Just to get to power buhari shares money just to get to power. People who do this doesnt have good intentions for us. Even other asipirants such as sowore an co are just coming out for awareness... They knew they aint gonna win.. But doent be suprise if he comes up under apc or pdp in the next election. So why do i have to vote when those vying for the post are as corrupt as corruption. They've been the one ruling the country since the 80's it has been the same people!
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Goddys(m): 9:33am On Feb 26, 2019
Orbot012:

They give birth like dogs and live the most wretched life just to be the majority in political landscape.

Only illiteracy can cause such mindset
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 10:47am On Feb 26, 2019
Lihyunpark:

ok i agree that I am one of the millions that didnt vote and that as cost the Nigerians to vote the right person. What i want you to know is that do we even have the right person in the first place?.. Which of the contestant is right?. None!. I will give you and example. A leader who is going to rule a country should be free from any form of malpractices in election... Bu in the case of our so called Good learders the two strong parties are sharing money to convince people to vote them. If a person knows he is ready to serve the masses he is ready to make nigeria better. He will never share money to people even if is opositions are doing so since he know is good intentions for the nigerians is enough. But see. Atiku shares money. Just to get to power buhari shares money just to get to power. People who do this doesnt have good intentions for us. Even other asipirants such as sowore an co are just coming out for awareness... They knew they aint gonna win.. But doent be suprise if he comes up under apc or pdp in the next election. So why do i have to vote when those vying for the post are as corrupt as corruption. They've been the one ruling the country since the 80's it has been the same people!
You must know that I understand the situation and frustration. But if Nigeria/South must work, we have to either work from within or break out completely.

Sowore and Mughalu never had a chance but they also contributed to their poor showings. Their egos no gree them. Especially Sowers. They could have formed a formidable coalition long ago.

But that shouldn't end there. They must keep the pressure on the winner to stay relevant in the next election cycle.
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Lihyunpark(m): 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2019
UncleJudax:

You must know that I understand the situation and frustration. But if Nigeria/South must work, we have to either work from within or break out completely.

Sowore and Mughalu never had a chance but they also contributed to their poor showings. Their egos no gree them. Especially Sowers. They could have formed a formidable coalition long ago.

But that shouldn't end there. They must keep the pressure on the winner to stay relevant in the next election cycle.

I agree with you.. But greediness and selfishness lives especially among yorubas and that has be costing us since the era of obafemi awolowo, akintola and co...
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2019
Lihyunpark:

I agree with you.. But greediness and selfishness lives especially among yorubas and that has be costing us since the era of obafemi awolowo, akintola and co...
Well, no matter how you see them, Yorubas are more committed than the north for a new Nigeria.

Tribal sentiments/bigotry no go help...it has never helped.

No more blame blame...if we no gree, na still we go hear am. Politicians are the only people cashing out.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2019
Orbot012:

Yes. We need to born more
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by Lihyunpark(m): 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
UncleJudax:

Like I've said earlier I voted because the our votes doesnt count and majourly.. This is never a better candidate among all!. And even if i considered voting, i would have voted buhari. But since none of them is worth it, the best thing is to sit home and watch Netflix
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by adewad13(m): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2019
For your information they are more enlightened than in the past.

in south south, south east and south west you put a limitation to child birth which is one of the factor responsible for their dominance. So think wise, stop family planning in your region then may be the pendulum could swing.
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by adewad13(m): 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
Goddys:

They give birth like dogs and live the most wretched life just to be the majority in political landscape.

Only illiteracy can cause such mindset

like the way it has caused China and India... think wisely
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by SueZuckerberg: 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
Mightymanna:

You mean Ganduje is finished?
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 6:20pm On Feb 26, 2019
Lihyunpark:

Like I've said earlier I voted because the our votes doesnt count and majourly.. This is never a better candidate among all!. And even if i considered voting, i would have voted buhari. But since none of them is worth it, the best thing is to sit home and watch Netflix
Lol. There were better candidates, of cos not from tthe two major parties and as expected Nigerians didn't for for them.
Re: Why Does The Political Unenlightened Always Produce The President In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
adewad13:
For your information they are more enlightened than in the past.

in south south, south east and south west you put a limitation to childbirth which is one of the factors responsible for their dominance. So think wise, stop family planning in your region then maybe the pendulum could swing.

On what basis should southerners sacrifice a better standard of living, high literacy, and higher productivity just to have more voting power?

Higher birthrate without a corresponding advancement in productivity always leads to a fail nation. Nigeria is expanding by almost 3% per years and the economy is only growing by only 1.9% that is a time bomb waiting to explode. I will rather have a smaller family that I can easily fend for, clothe and provide shelter for than to have a bloated family all to satisfy the greed of some political elite.

1960, the population of Nigeria was just 45m, in contrast, Great Britain was about 50m. Today Britain is around 60m and we are 200m. How do we keep up with providing infrastructure, basic amenities for a population that grew with over 150m within half a decade?

We in a serious problem in this country, the only way out is peacefull dissolution into its constituents units

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Officers Filmed Singing Derogatory Songs During Show Of Force / FLASHBACK: “the Youth Sleep Too Much”- Obafemi Awolowo / Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.