Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat (1871 Views)

Big Balls Bush Meat Caught Inside My Old Grandma Car Engine(photo) / Bush Rabbit We Killed / Pepper Soup Meat: The Monitor Lizard I Killed Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Dreamsnest(m): 7:53am On Feb 26, 2019
Rabbit meat is almost-zero cholesterol yet richer in protein than poultry and beef. An excellent source of vitamins, minerals and trace elements: High in vitamins B3 and B12, phosphorus, potassium and selenium. It contributes to a good balance of vitamins and minerals for daily dietary requirements. Eat rabbit meat, for your heart sake.

Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by VisaCheck: 9:57am On Feb 26, 2019
How much for a kilo? Is it more expensive than chicken/turkey?
Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Dreamsnest(m): 11:20am On Feb 26, 2019
We don’t sell in KG. A dressed whole rabbit is priced @ N4,500 and N5,000 for the grilled one. Ready to eat life rabbits is priced at N4,000.

We slaughter rabbits with live weight of 2.2-2.5 kg.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by VisaCheck: 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Dreamsnest:
We don’t sell in KG. A dressed whole rabbit is priced @ N4,500 and N5,000 for the grilled one. Ready to eat life rabbits is priced at N4,000.

what is the average weight of a live rabbit? believe it or not, from the quotation above, chicken/turkey appear to be the cheaper alternative. There is no real advantage of consuming rabbit over the other types of "white" meat.

2 Likes

Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Dreamsnest(m): 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
Chicken is no doubt cheaper than rabbit meat. Am not entering the debate of which is superior, as I have clear prejudices.

There are tons of literature available online that do justice to this, like http://www.crossroadsrabbitry.com/rabbit-meat-the-other-white-meat/

Weights differ amongst the broad classifications of rabbits. For the medium sized breeds we stock, adult weight is between 2.5-4 kg.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Dreamsnest(m): 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
See below tables

Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by VisaCheck: 10:05am On Feb 27, 2019
From the data you just posted, it is clear that chicken is the best alternative as it offers almost the same nutritional value and health benefits as rabbit meat at a cheaper price and it is easily available. I am only interested in rabbit meat because it is quite exotic, and I have never tasted it before.

If I were to buy from you, how will I get it?
Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Dreamsnest(m): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2019
Really?

You can reach me on 08037144989.

Thank you.
Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Mizwisdom(f): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Even Turkey is cheaper. With N5T one can buy at least half carton of Turkey.
Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Dreamsnest(m): 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
If you are referring to the imported frozen turkey, raised on antibiotics, preserved with synthetic chemicals and transported thousands of kilometers and smuggled into the country through our land borders with several breaks in the cold-chain, you’re absolutely correct about it being cheaper.

Organically raised rabbit meat, slaughtered on request brings completely different health benefits to your body, especially your heart.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Dominatrix(f): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
Dreamsnest:

Hi, I would like to place an order
Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
I think I should start rearing rabbits, strictly for personal consumption of course

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Meat-the Real White Meat by harry2sexy(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Dominatrix:

Hi, I would like to place an order
Hit me with ur email

(1) (Reply)

# / Fry More With Little Oil - Tefal Actifry / Do You Run A Catering Or Restuarant Business? Call for a business website now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.