Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner (2136 Views)

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah: I Have Not Seen The North Love A Southerner Like Tinubu / Court Orders Obi’s Supporters Can Pass Through, not converge at Lekki Toll Gate / Peter Obi Supporters Can Be Classified Into 3 Main Groups - Says Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by 9jatriot(m): 9:16am On Feb 26, 2019
The thinking after 2015 elections by those who refused to accept that every election has a winner and some losers was that there was a gang up by the Northern elite to remove GEJ. When reminder that GEJ won the same election against the same opponent in 2011 managed by the same JEGA, they still ignorantly wave it aside and claim that Northerners connived with SW to gang up against him.

Fast forward to preparations for 2019, because of that flawed thinking, as early as 2015, they made up their mind that they will be presenting a Northerner in 2019, consequently, they went out of the way to shop for just anybody and the criteria was simple, you had to be a Northerner. Competence was not important, capacity was second place, integrity was not to be mentioned at all.

If they had probably factored in the fact the PMB has supporters who have natural love for him mostly in the North and with some in the south, perhaps their approach would have been different. When you have supporters who follow you because of monetary gains, all you need to do to lose them is for you to stop the benefits they get or a higher bidder comes up, but not so for Buharist. The southerners who like him like him for his uprightness, the northerners who do see him as almost a godlike status.

So, this election finally puts to rest the thinking that anyone ganged up against GEJ, he just simply lost squally. APC should also cut short their celebration because 2023 will be a very different kettle of fish, there will no more block votes because there is simply no other person who enjoys the kind of followership PMB enjoys in the whole country.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by basicallyme(m): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2019
true talk Buhari is just like a demigod in the North.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Kyase(m): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2019
basicallyme:
true talk Buhari is just like a demigod in the North.
Only three men can stand in Buhari's way in the north....
They are A. Bello, and Belawa, unfortunately they are all late...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 26, 2019
I agree

1 Like

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by seunfly: 9:28am On Feb 26, 2019
I said a month ago that Buhari is so popular in the north that he will even defeat Atiku in Adamawa, I was wrong about Adamawa but my message has been passed.

When I was serving in Bauchi gamawa to be precise, PDP serving deputy governor could not vote for PDP because of the mood of the crowd, he had to thumb print CPC and then he showed it to the crowd before they started hailing him.

By virtue of my work, I v been to the rural area in almost all the northern part, Buhari is seen as semi god, they will support you irrespective of the party you belong but don't go against him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Corrosiveman(m): 9:29am On Feb 26, 2019
TRUE......NOBODY IN NIGERIA ENJOYS SUCH FOLLOWERSHIP WHICH BUHARI HAS.....SO APC SHOULD BE READY BECAUSE ONCE BUHARI LEAVES VOTES GIVEN TO THEM MAY DECREASE.........

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by ORIENTATION101: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2019
The implications of Buhari victory is Apc have displaced pdp in nothern Nigeria permanently. The few politician that defected might return after dust is settled. Buhari is the father figure of Apc .Any presidential candidate Buhari endorses and campaign for is assured of victory in 2023.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Sunmolar(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2019
it's all about the soul of Nigeria that requires rejuvenation after pdp tried to suffocating it.

backward never

next level ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by rusher14: 9:39am On Feb 26, 2019
You've said it all.
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by ORIENTATION101: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2019
Corrosiveman:
TRUE......NOBODY IN NIGERIA ENJOYS SUCH FOLLOWERSHIP WHICH BUHARI HAS.....SO APC SHOULD BE READY BECAUSE ONCE BUHARI LEAVES VOTES GIVEN TO THEM MAY DECREASE.........
never pdp has been completely buried in North. Buhari endorsement and campaigning is enough.apc already had the political structure on ground.
2023 is signed and sealed for South west Apc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by bodejohn(m): 9:49am On Feb 26, 2019
If Buhari was that popular in the North...why did he have to contest four times before he won?

Please don't tell me he was rigged out on previous occasions...

1 Like

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 26, 2019
bodejohn:
If Buhari was that popular in the North...why did he have to contest four times before he won?

lol

shey GEJ been dey form good man

his goodness paved way for this...

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by dahmie2013: 9:58am On Feb 26, 2019
Op, u're absolutely right! U read my mind exactly! There is no politician that will ever pull the kind of votes Buhari pulled in the North. APC has alot to do by 2023.

Sincerely, I looked back @ reasons why Buhari is so loved by His people, despite not having money like His fellow counterparts and I discovered that Uprightness & Integrity was what He stood by.

You will see how He will be honoured when He leaves this world. Integrity is everything, we should learn to live a life of integrity. Like Joseph in the Bible, it will take you to places you never imagined in your life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Great2017: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2019
Kyase:

Only three men can stand in Buhari's way in the north....
They are A. Bello, and Belawa, unfortunately they are all late...
And yet, Buhari lost woefully to Yaradua in 2007. Even his kit and kin rejected him in Katsina. Sorry, your postulation is not adding up.
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Jessyjack(f): 10:13am On Feb 26, 2019
dahmie2013:
Op, u're absolutely right! U read my mind exactly! There is no politician that will ever pull the kind of votes Buhari pulled in the North. APC has alot to do by 2023.

Sincerely, I looked back @ reasons why Buhari is so loved by His people, despite not having money like His fellow counterparts and I discovered that Uprightness & Integrity was what He stood by.

You will see how He will be honoured when He leaves this world. Integrity is everything, we should learn to live a life of integrity. Like Joseph in the Bible, it will take you to places you never imagined in your life.

buhari has no integrity.... the north only lives him because he brings all power down to the north by virtue of his appointments....... the north loves power and buhari knows how to hold onto power regardless of the consequences involve....

1 Like

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by hinwazaka: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2019
Op, stop dreaming. Buhari won in 2015 because tinubu and obj-pdp gave him the SW and N-pdp gave him NC. This time around those godfathers are no more there. Wait 4 the shocker that will destroy the APC 4ever. The film just dey start. We neva even reach middle sef
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Ziggylady(f): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2019
9jatriot:
The thinking after 2015 elections by those who refused to accept that every election has a winner and some losers was that there was a gang up by the Northern elite to remove GEJ. When reminder that GEJ won the same election against the same opponent in 2011 managed by the same JEGA, they still ignorantly wave it aside and claim that Northerners connived with SW to gang up against him.

Fast forward to preparations for 2019, because of that flawed thinking, as early as 2015, they made up their mind that they will be presenting a Northerner in 2019, consequently, they went out of the way to shop for just anybody and the criteria was simple, you had to be a Northerner. Competence was not important, capacity was second place, integrity was not to be mentioned at all.

If they had probably factored in the fact the PMB has supporters who have natural love for him mostly in the North and with some in the south, perhaps their approach would have been different. When you have supporters who follow you because of monetary gains, all you need to do to lose them is for you to stop the benefits they get or a higher bidder comes up, but not so for Buharist. The southerners who like him like him for his uprightness, the northerners who do see him as almost a godlike status.

So, this election finally puts to rest the thinking that anyone ganged up against GEJ, he just simply lost squally. APC should also cut short their celebration because 2023 will be a very different kettle of fish, there will no more block votes because there is simply no other person who enjoys the kind of followership PMB enjoys in the whole country.

Boy tell these nursery rhymes of youurs to the marines!!....GEJ lost because he was a SOUTHERNER.

Atiku was rigged out because in the north, they see him as a southern candidate who will do more for the South than Buhari..He was even called a fake muslim and a Christian in some quaters..

Shame on you if you are a Southerner,cos the acute ignorance about the sinister plans of hard-line northerners like buhari will be your undoing soon.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Mightymanna(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2019
Corrosiveman:
The same thing Kwankwaso did to win the governorship election in Kano state he campaigned openly for Buhari

1 Like

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by akoaki(m): 10:33am On Feb 26, 2019
bodejohn:

He was rigged out.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by rusher14: 10:35am On Feb 26, 2019
Ziggylady:

Boy tell these nursery rhymes of youurs to the marines!!....GEJ lost because he was a SOUTHERNER.

Atiku was rigged out because in the north, they see him as a southern candidate who will do more for the South than Buhari..He was even called a fake muslim and a Christian in some quaters..

Shame on you if you are a Southerner,cos the acute ignorance about the sinister plans of hard-line northerners like buhari will be your undoing soon.

Story.

Why did Obasanjo win a 2nd term?

Why did GEJ win in 2011?

Since Yar'adua is not a hardliner, why did he win in 2007?

I'm sure you would be making up stories now.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by gidgiddy: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2019
9jatriot:

You wrote all this but made no sense.what is your point?
Buhari failed 3 other times to become President, why didn't this "natural love" he has in the North help him win in the 3 times he failed? The reason Buhari won was because of who he ran against. He ran against an Ijaw man whose support was largely from Igbos. The South West, and the North ganged up on GEJ.

The only reason Buhari won now is because he is the incumbent

1 Like

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by shosky1794: 10:58am On Feb 26, 2019
rusher14:

Story.

Why did Obasanjo win a 2nd term?

Why did GEJ win in 2011?

Since Yar'adua is not a hardliner, why did he win in 2007?

I'm sure you would be making up stories now.

Don't mind the guy he's plain deluded. There is a lesson to learn from the North, do not worship money. Those people do not worship money like us down South. Relating with some of them who are in the South, one will see that they seem contented with whatever they have. The more reason they will always vote Buhari any day because they see him as one who does not worship money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Basic123: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2019
Great2017:

And yet, Buhari lost woefully to Yaradua in 2007. Even his kit and kin rejected him in Katsina. Sorry, your postulation is not adding up.

The problem I have with Igbo and wailers is that they argue and make judgement with emotions not with knowlegde and logic!

https://www.nairaland.com/58631/umaru-yaradua-election-not-free

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
never pdp has been completely buried in North. Buhari endorsement and campaigning is enough.apc already had the political structure on ground.
2023 is signed and sealed for South west Apc
You guys are comedians.Sealed for SW when abokis are saying Jagaban did not deliver.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2019
Basic123:

The problem I have with Igbo and wailers is that they argue and make judgement with emotions not with knowlegde and logic!

So was this election free and fair?
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by ORIENTATION101: 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

You guys are comedians.Sealed for SW when abokis are saying Jagaban did not deliver.

u mean Gandollar PA

1 Like

Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Great2017: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2019
Basic123:

The problem I have with simpleton like you is that everyone that has a contrary opinion becomes a wailer or an igbo person. Tell me the election that has ever been free and fair. Also tell me where it was declared that Buhari got more votes than Yaradua. Try to use your head next time.
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Mitchewww(m): 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2019
Once Buhari leaves the scene,

APC dies.
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by LesbianBoy(m): 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2019
gidgiddy:

You wrote all this but made no sense.what is your point?
Buhari failed 3 other times to become President, why didn't this "natural love" he has in the North help him win in the 3 times he failed? The reason Buhari won was because of who he ran against. He ran against an Ijaw man whose support was largely from Igbos. The South West, and the North ganged up on GEJ.

The only reason Buhari won now is because he is the incumbent

Don't mind him and his likes. These people hate the southerners so much especially the igbos. I mean look at saraki. When he was supporting buhari, he was a saint. Because immediately he turned his back on buhari and even made an igbo man his deputy in the senate, they decided to vote him out. But dogara his partner in crime didn't have an igbo deputy but won. Trust me if buhari had changed osibanjo with an igbo man and atiku had a yoruba man. Atiku would win!
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Ovamboland(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2019
9jatriot:

Only performance and visible development felt and experienced by citizens can help APC retain presidency beyond 2023.

Most people who voted APC take the first 4 years as foundation laying phase and are ready to endure the pain of growth.
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by babytoun: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
Demi God or not ...in Gej case she was the incumbent ...incumbency gives you some massive advantage that a veteran politician like atiku would have managed better than Jonathan
Re: GEJ Supporters Can Now See That He Did Not Lose Because He Was A Southerner by Vikky014(f): 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2019
Great2017:

All the northern votes were rigged,especially yobe and borno kano kaduna katsina

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imolites Launch 'rochasstolemyland.com' To Track Land Stolen By Ex-governor / 2023: Can Tinubu Defeat Atiku In Presidential Election? / Again Frederick Forsyth Attacks Britain: You Committed Crimes Against Igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.