Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Why There May Be A Supplementary Election (run-off) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why There May Be A Supplementary Election (run-off) (754 Views)

What You Need To Know About Election Run-off / Abdullahi Abbas: Kano Supplementary Election Is “Do Or Die” – APC Chairman / Date For Osun Supplementary Election: INEC Sets September 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why There May Be A Supplementary Election (run-off) by Niorte: 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2019
I am forseeing a runoff of the presidential election. While the APC is actually in the lead, it is a fact to say that PDP did better in figures than last general election. For instances, in 2015 APC won Oyo state while PDP won Ekiti. Now the opposite is the case. Oyo state was won by APC in 2015 with a margin of 0ver 200k but PDP has exchanged Ekiti with lower population for Oyo.

In same light PDP exchanged Nasarrawa state for Ondo. It must be noted that Kaduna state was won by APC in 2015 with a very large margin but PDP has been able to close the gap relatively.

What many people don't know is that APC are winning there usual stronghold with lesser margin than in 2015 while PDP are increasing their votes I'm the north and southwest mainly.

According to INEC, there will be a run-off when the difference of votes between the FIRST and SECOND is LESS than the TOTAL NUMBER OF CANCELLED VOTES AND NUMBERS OF REGISTERED VOTERS DISENFRANCHISED

Many people are not paying attention to the number of cancelled votes... But I am.

APC might win but I am of the opinion that the difference will be lesser than the number of cancelled votes hence there will be a supplementary election

Re: Why There May Be A Supplementary Election (run-off) by dguyindcorner(m): 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2019
Why are you giving yourself false hope? Buhari will win the election with nothing less than 3m. Go and join your fellow wailers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There May Be A Supplementary Election (run-off) by Dannyset(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
dguyindcorner:
Why are you giving yourself false hope? Buhari will win the election with nothing less than 3m. Go and join your fellow wailers

OP please read this very well again and again.

Re: Why There May Be A Supplementary Election (run-off) by Niorte: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2019
dguyindcorner:

Let's wait and see.

In 2015, he did not win GEJ with such a margin and Atiku has performed better in this election, so tell me where the 3 million is coming from.

In 2015, Kaduna had over 1.1 million votes for APC such has been reduced to 900k mean while PDP votes in Kaduna increased from that of 2015

1 Like

Re: Why There May Be A Supplementary Election (run-off) by dguyindcorner(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2019
Niorte:

Let's wait and see.

In 2015, he did not win GEJ with such a margin and Atiku has performed better in this election, so tell me where the 3 million is coming from.

In 2015, Kaduna had over 1.1 million votes for APC such has been reduced to 900k mean while PDP votes in Kaduna increased from that of 2015

You guys only focus on the margin in the North. Now with same strength, focus on SS/SE and compare what happened in 2015 to what is happening right now. That would help you.
Re: Why There May Be A Supplementary Election (run-off) by zlantanfan: 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
Their won't be, A winner would emerge with at least 2m. I don't see the cancelled votes reaching a million

(1) (Reply)

Congratulatory Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari / Dunamis Churches In Kaduna Lack Valid Documents — Govt. / Check Out Prof. Pius Adesanmi Last Post On FB Before The Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.