Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

What You Need To Know About Election Run-off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What You Need To Know About Election Run-off (18311 Views)

Tinubu Will Win Highest Votes, Might Have Run-Off With Obi - SBM Intelligence / Thisday 2023 Election Centre: Why Presidential Run Off Is Increasingly Likely / Femi Taiwo Responds To Reno Omokri's Allegation About Election Results Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by braveboy64(m): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2023
How are winners declared?

In the presidential election:

Beyond winning a simple majority, the victorious candidate also has to have at least 25 percent of the votes cast in at least 24 of the country’s 36 states.

If no candidate meets these criteria, a run-off will be conducted within 21 days, with only two candidates allowed to participate: the one with the highest number of votes in total and the candidate who garnered the required 25 percent votes in more states than any other candidate.

If there are two candidates who meet the second criterion, the candidate with the highest vote tally will be picked to run against the candidate with the majority of the votes in the first round of voting.

Essentially, second place in the first voting round does not guarantee a spot in the run-off.

The election can be cancelled if wide malpractice is recorded. In this case, a rerun will be ordered instead of a run-off.
In governorship and state parliament elections:

The winner must get the highest number of votes and 25 percent of the votes cast in two-thirds of the state’s local government areas.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/2/21/all-you-need-to-know-about-nigeria-2023-election

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Parachoko: 7:22am On Feb 25, 2023
There will be no runoff

Asiwaju will win comfortably

On Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Senator Kashim Shettima Mandate I Stand Gidigba

58 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Malory: 7:24am On Feb 25, 2023
No need for run off. Obi will win with landslide at the first ballot. Nigerians have decided.

139 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Malory: 7:25am On Feb 25, 2023
Parachoko:
There will be no runoff

On Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Senator Kashim Shettima Mandate I Stand Gidigba

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Dialpad: 8:42am On Feb 25, 2023
Jagaban is likely to win .... no run off

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by stano2(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2023
There will be no run off.
We have Peter Obi

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by cmikel: 8:42am On Feb 25, 2023
DO IT FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND CHILDREN UNBORN

YOUR UNBORN CHILDREN DO NOT DESERVE THE KIND OF FRUSTRATED LIFE LIVED IN PRESENT NIGERIA.

VOTE FOR TAKING NIGERIA FROM A BORROW TO CONSUME TO A PRODUCE TO CONSUME

OUR LABOUR WILL NEVER BE IN VAIN
VOTE LABOUR PARTY,
VOTE , PROTECT YOUR VOTE , YOU MAY HAVE MISSED CHANCE FOR A GOOD LIFE BUT YOUR CHILDREN MUST NEVER MISS THAT CHANCE.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by ybalogs(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2023
Everyone,Please exercise your civic right and stay safe. Remember Atiku, Tinubu and Obi all dine on the same table. So there's no need fighting if your candidate doesn't win

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Smith414: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2023
Parachoko:
There will be no runoff

YOU DON FALL ALREADY

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by id4sho(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2023
tongue
Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Menclothing: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2023
No run off

Winner is straight so obvious

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by ednut1(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2023
Runoff is inevitable

Election results-
Atiku 12m
Obi 8m
Tinubu 7m
Kwankwaso 2m
Sowore 9,000

Rerun
Atiku 13.5m
obi 13.8m.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by HRprof: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2023
While Voting remember the following
1. Enugu massacre .
2. Lekki tollgate massacre.
3.Owo massacre.
4.Train attacks.
5. 8 months ASUU strike.
6. Deborah's lynching.
7. Hidden COVID-19 palliative.
8. Fuel scarcity.
9. 750 naira to 1 dollar.
10. Fake Bishops.
11. Snakes swallowing money.
12. Burning of churches.
13. You now use naira to by naira.

You either vote for a new Nigeria or continue in your pain.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by MorataFC: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2023
Ok
Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by concho(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2023
Parachoko:
There will be no runoff

picture of your PVC ?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2023
Vote wisely
Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2023
Ok, noted.
Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2023
Observing from my living room sofa
Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by BIZNess123(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2023
cool
The obedients will be beaten Bala blue..bula ba today..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by lytech1(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2023
Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by MorataFC: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2023
HRprof:
While Voting remember the following
1. Enugu massacre .
2. Lekki tollgate massacre.
3.Owo massacre.
4.Train attacks.
5. 8 months ASUU strike.
6. Deborah's lynching.
7. Hidden COVID-19 palliative.
8. Fuel scarcity.
9. 750 naira to 1 dollar.
10. Fake Bishops.
11. Snakes swallowing money.
12. Burning of churches.
13. You now use naira to by naira.

You either vote for a new Nigeria or continue in your pain.
you end up saying nothing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Tribal: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2023
Atiku ti lule pi pii piii Lekan siii. Bola Tinubu wins February 25th Nigerian Presidential Poll.

Like if you know this, Share if not.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2023
Lol
Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Imperare(f): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2023
Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Celestinedd: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2023
On peter Obi's mandate we stand

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Levels2(f): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2023
braveboy64:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/2/21/all-you-need-to-know-about-nigeria-2023-election

I'm glad today is the Dee day.

I'm glad to be among the living who cast is vote to elect our future leader.

I'm glad my vote will count

I'm glad Nigerian have decided

I'm glad we settle for Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR.

Together we will efforts the change.

Congrats in advance on your victory as president elect of our dear nation.

As we look forward to celebrate the outcome, all Batified should be rejoice moderately and not to provoke the losser.

My applea to all Obident , you all knew you cant win the race but at least you made a point, a statement and a name in this year election and certainly we have come to terms that you guys are not push over.

Thanks you all and God bless.

From the associate of Batifed nation wide.

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2023
Parachoko:
There will be no runoff

Lol ...... No need trying. They done loss. Obi all the way.

Meanwhile, glad you show how unreachable you can be in terms of logic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Meringe(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2023
A new Nigeria is POssible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by Kingpele(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2023
Vote wisely I and my entire family are obident...let us do the needful we can't elect Muslim Muslim ticket or a thief but I will prefer the lesser evil atiku administration then Muslim Muslim ticket I fear that bokoharam commander Shettima pass devil ....that guy will run tinubu Street if elected ..atleast is either Christian Muslim ticket or Muslim Christian ticket anything short of it is injustice

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by rayvelez(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2023
Nothing like elections run off comrade, PETER OBI will win on the first ballot...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Election Run-off by imagrg(m): 8:48am On Feb 25, 2023
Obi is our only hope.

He's like no other!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NANS Denies Asking IGP To Arrest EndSARS Protesters / Babachir Lawal: Tinubu Will Defeat Atiku In Adamawa / More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.