Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North (2106 Views)

LP Gains Massively In Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos) / Why Is Mike Ozekhome Laughing Even After Atiku Lost At Supreme Court? / BREAKING: Contrary To Earlier Report That Atiku Lost His Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by brtaiwo(m): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
A week to the Election No one would have thought Atiku would loose his state to the incumbent.

Unfortunately the loss has been traced to the statement he made that if he won he would sell the NNPC.

The northerners have a way of thinking. The ruling party used that against him.

It was indeed a gross error on his part. The tarnishing of his image was not that As Bad as the thought that he would sell NNPC

Most northerner believed he would sell it to his friends.

This was what made many to vote against him. This was made possible by the extension of the election by INEC.

We gathered that he said even if he would die he must sell NNPC this was what mist of them claimed he said during an interview and as such they rejected him.
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
APC

Wait for it

There is crisis coming

Intentional community has also rejected this results grin

Sanctions loading

Then let's see how much you guys are really loved by Nigerians
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by Baawaa(m): 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
Point of correction,he did not lose in his state,he won narrowly.Atiku is a scammer

3 Likes

Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by crazygod(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
I don't agree with u Op. A typical northerner likes to suffer. They love to be enslaved. Its like they input it in their DNA from childbirth. Have u seen a northern kid learning the Qur'an and if he asks question, the kind of flogging they give him no be here.
Hence they love APC's govt cause they are afraid of real change. Besides, they hate anything south or xtian. They believe PDP is a xtian party so they won't vote for them. Its only the enlightened ones that know what's up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by Startup00: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2019
@ OP to some extent you are correct. When results started trickling in on Sunday. I called one of my Northern friend. I asked him why do Northerners love Buhari and why is the result from the North not favouring Atiku despite been a Northerner. He told me there’s a propaganda been spread in the North that Atiku will sell NNPC. I was like what’s there own with NNPC when someone like El-Rufai also mooted that same idea 2015.

Secondly I was chatting with my gfs brother who is currently at Kebbi for vacation. He told me they voted massively for buhari. I told him I voted for Atiku and hope he will win. His response was Insha Allah just pray he does not sell NNPC.

I’m only suprised this was used as a strong blackmail against him in the North. NNPC has been a way of siphoning Money and I think unbundling and selling the JV is the right way. I still don’t know the cruise the Northners have with NNPC for them to have so much interest in it. God save us!
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by MalcoImX: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
crazygod:
I don't agree with u Op. A typical northerner likes to suffer. They love to be enslaved. Its like they input it in their DNA from childbirth. Have u seen a northern kid learning the Qur'an and if he asks question, the kind of flogging they give him no be here.
Hence they love APC's govt cause they are afraid of real change. Besides, they hate anything south or xtian. They believe PDP is a xtian party so they won't vote for them. Its only the enlightened ones that know what's up.
Many northerners voted for Atiku. What do you say to that?
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by crazygod(m): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2019
MalcoImX:

Many northerners voted for Atiku. What do you say to that?
Read the part where I wrote 'enlightened' northerners
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by gidgiddy: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
Well, Atiku gave it best shot but his Northern brothers preferred Buhari instead.
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by MalcoImX: 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
crazygod:

Read the part where I wrote 'enlightened' northerners
Whether enlightened or not, they don't want Atiku and no one can force anybody to make them vote for what you wished.
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by brtaiwo(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
Startup00:
@ OP to some extent you are correct. When results started trickling in on Sunday. I called one of my Northern friend. I asked him why do Northerners love Buhari and why is the result from the North not favouring Atiku despite been a Northerner. He told me there’s a propaganda been spread in the North that Atiku will sell NNPC. I was like what’s there own with NNPC when someone like El-Rufai also mooted that same idea 2015.

Secondly I was chatting with my gfs brother who is currently at Kebbi for vacation. He told me they voted massively for buhari. I told him I voted for Atiku and hope he will win. His response was Insha Allah just pray he does not sell NNPC.

I’m only suprised this was used as a strong blackmail against him in the North. NNPC has been a way of siphoning Money and I think unbundling and selling the JV is the right way. I still don’t know the cruise the Northners have with NNPC for them to have so much interest in it. God save us!

It only played in APCs favour because election was postponed had the election been held on the 16th Buhari would have lost.

The Hausa's think alike I have spent over 4 decades here so I know them well.

I knew Atiku was going to loose after the postponement.

What really happened was that he granted an interview last week. That was what killed him politically.

The judiciary might play the card with him. Hence the Onnoghen removal
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by FarahAideed: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
you mean rigging
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by brtaiwo(m): 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
The truth is that many of his would be followers changed their minds on Saturday.

It was as though NNPC was their property of a sort. Atiku fell into their hands with that statement.

If he had kept mute the story would have been different today.

But we would still have been in trouble because APC would not let go easily
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by brtaiwo(m): 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2019
FarahAideed:
you mean rigging

Yes. There was massive rigging. I felt there would not have been need for the rigging again.

The rigging was technical in some states like Kogi. Like deliberate disenfranchisement of voter using violence.

In Nassarawa the rigging was clear.

There was also cancellation of unfavorable spots.

It would be share lies for APC to claim they were not aware of the postponement it was in their plan their last card As they saw they had lost.
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by islandmoon: 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
you mean how atiku was massively rigged out in the north bulk thumb printing
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by FriendNG: 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
Startup00:

Let me answer you. The fear is that when he sell NNPC, petrol price will not be regulated. No businessman will sell at lost. Currently the price is about 200 and NNPC subsidize it to 145.

Thus bearing lost of 35 naira per litre with no profit.
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by raumdeuter: 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku and Buhari are not mates when it comes to Northern politics

NNPC or no NNPC he would have lost anyway
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by Majlaw(m): 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
brtaiwo:

Yes. There was massive rigging. I felt there would not have been need for the rigging again.

The rigging was technical in some states like Kogi. Like deliberate disenfranchisement of voter using violence.

In Nassarawa the rigging was clear.

There was also cancellation of unfavorable spots.

It would be share lies for APC to claim they were not aware of the postponement it was in their plan their last card As they saw they had lost.
Which Nasarawa are you talking about?
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by nwanyionitsha: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2019
LiveByNight:
APC

Wait for it

There is crisis coming

Intentional community has also rejected this results grin

Sanctions loading

Then let's see how much you guys are really loved by Nigerians
Is this true? When?. Abeg give me link and source.
Re: WHY Atiku Lost Massively In The North by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Is this true? When?. Abeg give me link and source.

Nice one grin

I didn't see that coming

That was a good clapback? thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is The Most Powerful Leader In Southern Nigeria – Ex-minister / The Sad End Of PDP / List Of Cities And Estate That Are Still Called Biafra In Kenya - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.