Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,830 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

How To Improve Your Exam Speed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Improve Your Exam Speed (317 Views)

POST UTME 2019 - How To Prepare For Your Exam/screening / How To Pass Jamb Few Days To Your Exam / For Jambites | Share Questions From Your Exam You Can Remember, To Help Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Improve Your Exam Speed by Kingerons: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2019
Source: https://myinfoconnect.com/how-to-improve-your-exam-speed/

Let me quickly show you how to improve your exam speed. Have you ever noticed how face time runs down when you are writing an exam that you have so much upstairs to write down? Poor exam speed has made many students fail their exams and perform poorly. Your inability to manage your time during an exam and finish on time can make you fail that subject or course even when you are a guru in it.

The thought of being behind time in an examination can make you totally disoriented. If you plan on getting a high score in that exam, disorientation will not be good for you. So, let us look at some strategies on improving exam performance and finishing your exam on time.

WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR EXAM SPEED? DO THIS
1. YOU MUST HAVE A PLAN[/b]
First off, you need a game plan. “hard work is important but smart work is also important”. Passing exam is not fully dependent on how much you read, you must have a plan. Considering essays for example, you must budget your time and know what order to write your essay, the time you should spend on it and how long you will spend on it. Not only essays, this applies to other subjects and courses.

When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

[b]2. WORK ON YOUR WRITING

Writing can be one hell of an exercise sometimes. Your arms and your wrist are fully involved and it can cause serious pains and aches especially when you’re not used to it. This usually happens to people who write essays and things alike. The only way you can work on your writing is to write more. Just like the brain, the more you use it, the more you build it. Practice writing more than regular so as to build your writing strength.

SAY NO TO EXAM FEAR. CLICK THIS TO READ ON HOW TO OVERCOME EXAM FEAR

3. HAVE CONSTANT PRACTICE
Ever practiced to the extent that you knew the subject like the back of your palm? To me, constant practice is the best way to finishing exams on time. Once you have full knowledge of your subject, no question seems new to you and nothing can really waste your time. Practice makes perfect as the saying goes and perfection gives you good grades. So work on those subjects more often than normal and become a professional at answering those sample exam questions.

4. BE COMPLETELY FOCUSED
During examinations, there is absolutely no time to waste. Stay away from every type of distraction around you. Distractions to me, resets your brain for like 10 seconds and makes you lose balance. Stay on track and be fully focused on your work. Once you are mentally focused, you will be able to work better and answer the examination questions faster.

5. USE A WRIST WATCH
Every single second counts. Get a wristwatch to keep track of time during the examination. This will help you access yourself and the time you actually spend per question.

6. SMASH THE EASY AND SHORT QUESTIONS FIRST
This is the golden rule! Always start with the easy and short questions. Gather your marks bit by bit with the easy and short questions. The thing is those long questions with long procedures will usually take a whole bunch of your time and there’s still a chance you may have not got them right. So why gamble? Get the fruits at the bottom of the tree before aiming for the ones at the top. Also, doing this helps boost your confidence and morale as you gradually go deeper into the examination.

7. COLLECT EXTRA SHEETS BEFORE YOU NEED THEM
Don’t wait till you’re out of paper before you ask the examiner for more because this alone can make you lose time. I remember during an exam where I had to wait for close to 15minutes for the examiner to get more paper for me. It was so destabilizing. I had much to write and I was losing 15 minutes of my time already. So don’t wait till you run out of paper. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Because you are special, I have some bonus tips for you

BONUS TIPS
Sleep well before you exam to get your brain fully functional. Don’t write exams with heavy eyes
Eat a balanced diet with proper nutrients
Before you start an exam, ALWAYS TAKE TIME TO SKIM THROUGH THE ENTIRE QUESTION PAPER FOR A MINUTE OR TWO.

SHARING IS CARING. DO WELL TO SHARE THIS POST TO YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES.

https://myinfoconnect.com/how-to-improve-your-exam-speed/

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your Exam Speed by ABCthings: 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2019
SLEEP WELL

When you have to read overnight? sad
Re: How To Improve Your Exam Speed by WinningEleven(m): 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2019
ABCthings:
SLEEP WELL

When you have to read overnight? sad
Its not necessary for you to read on the night before your jamb na

(1) (Reply)

WAEC SSCE May June Timetable 2019 Download / University Of Portharcourt Convocates Over 8000 Students / Real Reasons JAMB, WAEC Exams Dates Clash Affecting Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.