Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? (603 Views)

Question Of The Day, Did Sowore Ever Campaign For Buhari? / Video: Sowore, Moghalu And Durotoye Agree To Produce A Consensus Candidate / Sowore, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu And Fela Durotoye Agree On Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by trojanjay: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2019
My very good Iranian friend said to me in the heat of one of our several arguments, he said “the problem with you black people is not that you are incapable of great things but rather you embark on the journey without a real plan”. Was I offended? Oh yes I was. Did I shout right back at him and try to get low? Of course I did, who wouldn’t? Was he saying the truth? Well it depends.

The Nigerian election has come and gone with 72 candidates running for one office all in the name of love for country an wanting to solve our numerous problems. Among the 72 were a bunch of young, vibrant Nigerian who have been there, done this, done that but they were so delusional to think that running for the office of the president was the only way to take it back.

Just imagine if all the Sowore, Fela, Moghalu and co. ran for the federal or even house of assembly, or even the senate Like Mr. Banky, Ogbeni Shina Peller, Oloye Akin Alabi and co did. I think if they had put the effort they put into running for a lower office as they did for the presidency, they would have won easily. The pro is that our senate and house of reps will be full of sensible people who will hold the executive accountable and be able to make laws that will profit everyone.

They will be able to cut off all the largesse those agbada men wear in the red chamber and make so much impact that they would have gained enough experience and followership to be able to run for a higher office.

Now, they are just raking in votes in tens and units and Sowore even boasted of defeating Buhari and Atiku at his polling unit abi is it ward sef. Imagine, if he focused all his energy within that ward and it’s neighboring communities and he represented them in the state house and gradually begin to take it back form there? I am honestly disappointed and appalled at the wasted effort and manpower, the several blackmails these young people give other young Nigerians like me. Fela even had someone say that “you cannot pray for a better Nigeria and vote against it” as if his name is Mr Better Nigeria. I honestly hope these people have a plan after this embarrassment of an attempt other than updating their resumes to reflect 7th or 8th or 9th or 10th place in the 72-man Nigerian presidential race of 2019. None of them had the party, manpower, followership or money needed to run a presidential campaign but they were the only delusional ones who didn’t see it. There are over 100,000 polling units in Nigeria and ideally every political party should have an agent in each polling unit but none of these guys have that kind of manpower.

Instead of this fire-brigade approach, imagine all these young people running for lower offices under established political parties or even all running under one party and taking it back for real? At least this sounds like a plan. Not every time agidi, oju li le o ran siga, firigbon o si ileilekun or how do they use to say it again?

I am not questioning their good intentions and love for Nigeria, I am only saying they are making my arguments difficult against my friends. I mean I can shit the bed all by myself because I also have embarked on endeavors I really didn’t think through in the past. You guys are some of Nigeria’s finest and bright minds we expected a concrete and more convincing plan.

We can only wait and hope now.

Jeremy Aweda
awedajay@gmail.com

5 Likes

Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by slimfit1(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
That was his first step the second step will be a success the rest just come to see Buhari in Aso Rock.
Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by Obinnau(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
They were dreamers
Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 26, 2019
They were distractions, they attacked PDP and atiku the most during their campaign and they cause voters apathy in the south.

Sowore, moghalu and the flag bearer of pcp will be collecting their share and laughing their asses now.

Third force, butiku was a scam by APC
Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by ebbie9ja(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2019
Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by fantasticone1(m): 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2019
I can't blame them for trying, Nigerians just love recycled bull***t. I'm sure those guys will be back.
Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by deepwater(f): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
Plan kor, plantain ni

Apart from kingsly the rest na TINUBU boys

Tinubu played hyper legit politics here, he knew that the northerners are typical dumb people. So they used sentiment on them.

He knew that the southerners are educated them he brought the useless not too young to run s.hi.t to split southerner votes.

You all bought the crap of the not too young to run grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by aremuforlife(m): 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
They are only going there for their selfish interest. I expect them to come together and infiltrate the 2 giant parties in Nigeria and not create a new one. They need to come with their manifesto and regrouped theirselves into the 2 parties with the mandate of taking over from the old leaders in the parties.
Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by profstar(m): 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
Buhari didn't win in first attempt and even second.

Some they are just been delusional others are warming up towards the next election.

The numbers you pull now will determine if you will be helped the next time. That's politics!!!
Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by Chepy: 10:11pm On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku is a good proof of that “No real plan” I’m sure Sowore has a real good plan but not the numbers to execute them
Re: Did Sowore, Fela, Moghalu And Co Have A Plan Or Were Just Being Delusional? by frisavic(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2019
Lalasticlacla grin

(1) (Reply)

Abdufatai Ahmed Of Kwara State Bags The Worst Govenor In History Award / Tinubu's Anti-igboism: Lagos Belongs To Lagosians! Who Are The Real Lagosians? / Igbos Are Land Grabbers; Lagos Is Yoruba's: Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.