Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,362 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? (1258 Views)

Feyi Fawehinmi: How To Make Sense Of Nigeria’s Currency Swap Deal With China / Afe Babalola Drags Pedro To ICPC / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by donmayor(m): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2007
Because Femi Pedro teamed up with Obanikoro to denounce Lagos state elections, he has commited an impeachabel offence. If Femi Pedro resigns, it's ok cos I believe it's not worth it continuing with Tinubu since they have fallen apart (Remember his predecessor?). But for the house of assembly to say he has committed an impeachable offence for alleging threat to his life and denouncing fraud in the elections(unless if I'm mistaken), it's laughable. Shame!
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by streetcyph: 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2007
i agree it is a big shame. something is disturbingly wrong with our democracy.

tinubu is a man who claims to be a champion of democracy, yet his actions against his deputy is very unbecoming of a democrat.
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by segun44: 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2007
it would be a digrace to nigerian democracy,any way it is illegal and not backed by the constitution.
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by kitaun(m): 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2007
Same bunkum 4rm these losers? Na wa o . . . Pedro is finished, take it or live with it!!!
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by dkoko4(m): 12:33am On Apr 25, 2007
@kitaun, who are u to say someone is finished ,are u God ?is like all you ever try to write is nonsense or you dont want to face facts.lagos is in a mess.tinubu has got 16 accounts all filled with billions of lagos money all over london and newyork . http://www.tribune.com.ng/25042007/news/news2.html
.he now wants to impeach his deputy just because he contested an election.haba, they just have less than a month in office,well i guess every disappointmet will be a blessing for him ,i see him becoming a minster in the new govement-pedro carry go,i respect you for standing firm in the face of oppressors.
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by streetcyph: 2:29am On Apr 25, 2007
kitaun, maybe u can explain to us why your man tinubu is operating at least 16 foreign accounts. this is the person you look up to?

since you are the spokesman for AC here, perhaps you can do some explaining.

such a tragedy.
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by GNature(m): 2:33am On Apr 25, 2007
Pedro getting impeached ? For What ?

Is there a difference between the executive and legislative arms of government at the state levels in Nigeria ? If so, how can anyone justify Pedro's impeachment ?

To me, the state legislatures are nothing but rubber stamps of approval for their executive branch of governments in Nigeria. It is going to be extremely difficult for us to progress as a nation without the executive branch having any oversight and that is (for the most part) what we are practicing in Nigeria.
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by con9ja: 7:58am On Apr 25, 2007
I think Tinubu is just being childish and funny, and unfortuniately the members of the house of assembly are being used by him, i guess he is trying to take out he's frustration on Femi Pedro, you can imagine what he is going through knowing that come may 29th he might be arrested coupled with the fact that he won't be getting any appointments in govt. since Atiku didn't win the presidency,
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by kitaun(m): 8:02am On Apr 25, 2007
Rantings of inconsequential ants!!!
Re: Femi Pedro To Be Impeached: Does It Make Sense? by coolblue(m): 8:27am On Apr 25, 2007
To say thet he is to be impeached to improve the security of lagosians as well as pedro himself is the ultimate form of jargon that i can ever comprehend. that Lagosians will stand for it, oh well since sentiment drives out political affiliation not sensibility what can we expect.
Femi Pedro is a good man( or so it seems). Impeachment is unnecessary and insensible, but then again who made me God.

(1) (Reply)

Even A 69 Yr Old Can Push Drugs In Nigeria. / Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) / Jibunor Insists On Delta-igbo Governor In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.