Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters (27045 Views)

Coalition Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Edo Voters / PDP Alerts INEC Of Moves To Replace Results In Edo North / Ekiti Election: Fayemi Accuses INEC Of Giving PDP Election Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Maket: 8:19am On Feb 27, 2019
Are these Eight millions voters for PDP?... No

4 million may come out to vote ie ½.
2.5 millions for PDP
1.3 millions for APC
O.2 million for others

Add this to your total vote and tell if Aso rock is close grin
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by lexy2014: 8:24am On Feb 27, 2019
NothingDoMe:
But Buhari has promised a lot na. cheesy cheesy cheesy

He promised a lot in 2015. Were are we now?
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by olajide8(m): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2019
Giditrendz:
Tony Okafor, Awka

The vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr Peter Obi, has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission of disenfranchising over eight million eligible voters in the South-East during the February 23 presidential election.

He said the election was deliberately programmed to ensure that the zone did not participate fully.

Obi made the allegation on Tuesday at a press conference held in Onitsha, Anambra State.

He said that out of the 10 million registered voters in the zone, only about 20 per cent were able to cast their votes.

He said, “You will recall that on election day, I said the process was clumsy and we also had a major problem with malfunctioning card readers. Most people couldn’t vote as a result.

“When over 4,000 card readers got burnt, it became clear that something was wrong somewhere and the Independent National Electoral Commission could neither save the situation nor allow people to vote manually.

“But in some other parts of the country, people were allowed to vote manually and it was accepted by the electoral body.

“How can you tell me that states like Yobe and Borno produced more voters than Anambra and Ebonyi states put together?

“The two states have been at war. I wonder how they got card readers that were working so well, despite the war situation in which they found themselves.”

Obi noted that Nigeria failed to build on the achievements of the 2015 general election.

http://giditrendz.com/peter-obi-accuses-inec-of-disenfranchising-eight-million-south-east-voters/

If pdp had won- it would have been the will of the people bah? Where are the 8m voters going to come from? - because as much as we know - all the total registered voters added together in addition to the supposed 8m cannot be found in inec books/register - all this tribal ethnic politics should stop, the more they play it, the more they get detached from the Nigerian state - people of the east* this, east that- politicians stop it now! when they play it with them they shout- when they make utterances along those lines it's right*

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by dante0147: 8:33am On Feb 27, 2019
humberjade:
So it was INEC that told them to remain indoors eating Isi Ewu and sipping palm wine while the Northerners were under the scorching sun to vote massively for their man... grin

Dave Umahi said and i quote

“Our people are good in social media but will never go to get their voter cards and will be announcing results,” he said. He enjoined journalists to vote in the elections to enshrine good governance despite their election monitoring schedules. “I expect 90 per cent success in the elections of March 9 and I want you to ask me question on this, that day. “All the prophecies made on this election failed and you (journalists) were the ones propagating these prophecies. “People will just wake up and declare: thus says the lord and this is unfortunate,” he said.

https://www.nairaland.com/5046833/2019-south-east-governors-did

People came out to vote the card readers were not working dont you get it ?
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Oju4190: 8:34am On Feb 27, 2019
Were was he when Nnandi KANU was telling them to boycott election,he didn't say anything.Now he is talking rubbish
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Oju4190: 8:36am On Feb 27, 2019
dante0147:

People came out to vote the card readers were not working dont you get it ?
Same obi immediately he voted,he praised the system and said the card reader was working very well and that he impressed

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku and Obi did not do Good campaign. Atiku was just talking about selling NNPC and making his friends Rich. what kinda Rubbish campaign was that?

And Obi was just campaigning for china. APC all the did was Repeat the same 2015 lines with flasing of 4 fingers.

Nigerians were very easy to convince, Both parties had no New plans to move the country forward. The whole campaign was Sloganised. No manifesto, No nothing! Just slogans and divide and Rule.

Nigerians are the problem not the politicians.
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by baby124: 8:47am On Feb 27, 2019
jrusky:
Peter Obi and well meaning Nigerians should not just bother themselves this is no election. This is the worst election in Nigeria history, in Africa history and in human hustory since creation.

Buhari is a bastard. I'm not here to talk party who win or not but for a bastard who claims integrity to be comfortable and be smiling enjoying this farce called election shows Buhari truly is a bastard.

I think he want to rule? Nice one let him go ahead. Someone very close to me got over N4million must to thumb print thousands of ballot paper for Buhari he even did the video recording showed it to me and he was dancing telling me *oh boy I don hammer* telling me now he realised election is another yahoo money making stunt. He has be throwing party in his house in Abuja here since Sunday.

Buhari go ahead and rule ok but one thing us sure your end will be miserable the Gadaffi and Saddam treatment will be like rehearsal to what will befall you and your gangs one good day.

Mind you all your apc a s s holes I'm not here to talk party things but the shame is too much how my friends around the world were mocking Nigeria sending all kind of videos of killings, beating, slapping, underage voters, money for vote, burning votes, cooking fake figures, forcing INEC to declared fake result, voting secretly in the bush etc its a big shame I almost hate being called a Nigerian.

Buhari it shall never be well with you and it shall never be well with anyone that joined hands to be disgracing Nigeria to these level. This morning I declare your entire generation will never see peace so it shall be. These embarrassment is too much . Now I finally accept it that Jonathan is the face of Nigeria democracy and the best democratic president in Nigeria.

Where are people like Falana, Wole Soyinka? It's a shame on these goats who were bought by apc since 2015 and remained deaf and dumb to today. We lost Fawehinmi and Beko who were true human called activist not that useless Falana with basket mouth. That useless Soyinka was busy talking obj as if the election is about obj but the bushy disgusting hair with the bloody loaf head could not see how Nigeria politicians messed up in this election, prof shame on you you have lost your respect sir.
Why are you calling Falana and Soyinka Lmao. Was the election not largely peaceful? What proof do you have that it was rigged? Northern votes? Well it’s the same amount of votes that have been coming out since PDP days. Are you saying PDP also rigged in the North in the past and showed others the way? So why are you now crying this much?
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by gabicon: 8:52am On Feb 27, 2019
Total number of PVC collected in the south east is 6.6million.
These politicians should stop all these falsehood based on statistics from 1999-2015 the south east has not recorded more than 4 million voters turnout, so where is the 8 million coming from? combined with the fact that voter turnout has been dwindling over the electoral timelines.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by herrlekan(m): 8:52am On Feb 27, 2019
Where was Obi when the supreme lord of biafla was telling Igbos and people of biafla not to come out to vote? The Igbos were busy eating ofe nsala and garri. Obi should just accept their defeat in good fate and move on.He should try again later. The agreement Nnamdi Kanu had with whoever had been fulfilled ����

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by blowjob: 8:52am On Feb 27, 2019
DIS LIER SHOULD STFU grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SAI BABA BUHARI
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by MrFly(m): 8:54am On Feb 27, 2019
Ask Willy Obiano
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by awols: 8:57am On Feb 27, 2019
Crying over the past and, more so, over spilt milk is often heard in the South East. We are used to that now.
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by emkz: 9:00am On Feb 27, 2019
Sucexpbojc:
This people think am a fool, a whole Professor is doing this. Sum this tin up and see the high level of rigging in this election.

Yobe State:
Accredited votes: 601,056
Total votes cast: 586,137

Rejected votes: 226,772
APC: 497,914
PDP: 50,763
*Sum: 775,449*

When u sum it you will find out that it has passed the Accredited vote with 174,393. Who are they fooling. I want an agent to raise this question and I pray they will do that because I believe they're not fools.
Pls if we can reach out to our superior they should analyse this very well

It therefore means that the excess may have arose from overvoting, the reasons they were rejected. The returning officers explained this when they presented the results.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Sluvist(m): 9:01am On Feb 27, 2019
This wailers again?
Go and ffuck your wife this morning, you will feel relaxed.
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by xheyi: 9:02am On Feb 27, 2019
This man sabi number for head ehn
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by abujaafar18: 9:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Imagine! This wailing Obi.
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by bigdot1759(m): 9:15am On Feb 27, 2019
Chipink:
It's only a fool that would think those results from SE were right.

Faulty card readers were deployed to east.
Massed were harassed and intimidated from voting.
Many polling units started very later and couldn't give room for people to vote before the closed.
Thumb printed papers were burnt.

The only thing I would say that is Atiku and his cohorts are experiencing karma
hehen

Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 27, 2019
Ibos and parochial complain. Marginalisation before, now disenfranchisement. What about the South West voting pattern?
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Deepthoughts: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2019
Giditrendz:
Tony Okafor, Awka

The vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr Peter Obi, has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission of disenfranchising over eight million eligible voters in the South-East during the February 23 presidential election.

He said the election was deliberately programmed to ensure that the zone did not participate fully.

Obi made the allegation on Tuesday at a press conference held in Onitsha, Anambra State.

He said that out of the 10 million registered voters in the zone, only about 20 per cent were able to cast their votes.

He said, “You will recall that on election day, I said the process was clumsy and we also had a major problem with malfunctioning card readers. Most people couldn’t vote as a result.

“When over 4,000 card readers got burnt, it became clear that something was wrong somewhere and the Independent National Electoral Commission could neither save the situation nor allow people to vote manually.

“But in some other parts of the country, people were allowed to vote manually and it was accepted by the electoral body.

“How can you tell me that states like Yobe and Borno produced more voters than Anambra and Ebonyi states put together?

“The two states have been at war. I wonder how they got card readers that were working so well, despite the war situation in which they found themselves.”

Obi noted that Nigeria failed to build on the achievements of the 2015 general election.

http://giditrendz.com/peter-obi-accuses-inec-of-disenfranchising-eight-million-south-east-voters/
The northerners n Muslims supporting buhari knows exactly why they are doing so for buhari serves their interest very well but for the Southerners n especially the Christians who are willing to destroy one another for buhari come 2023 they shall realized their folly,I sympathize with obi but what happened was pre-planned n supported by some of his kinsmen,what the Southerners should know now is this, buhari has shown that the north can choose to hold on to power for as long as they like with their inflated underaged voting strength,by controlling the security apparatus of this country n leveraging on the greed n disunity of the Southerners to set them against each other,the Southerners especially the Christians would have to quickly find ways of removing the animosity n disunity amongst them or they shall continue to lament n grumble while the "illiterate n poverty" north shall continue to scoff at them while the clandestine pursuit of the Islamic agenda Continue until it becomes too late.
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Willed042(m): 9:26am On Feb 27, 2019
For future purpose, I presume we concentrate on the card readers machine for election. Any given area where card readers malfunctions, I believe a new date and time should be set aside and a functional machine provider for that purpose. This will go a long way to minimize the incidence associated with card reading excuses. our law should only, in this age, allow card reader for election.
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Sleekjunior(m): 9:27am On Feb 27, 2019
u wont die well
Wizklynd23:
What do u expect from IPOB undecided

Peter Obi the Vice President Wailers Republic
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Ayobami7(m): 9:33am On Feb 27, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by Fiyin007: 9:38am On Feb 27, 2019
APC has majority in the Parliament now,congratulations to them. Let's see if they live up to the "Progressive" in their name by pushing for constitutional reforms to include Electronic voting in future Elections. No point crying over spilt milk,let bygones be bygones.
Re: Peter Obi Accuses INEC Of Disenfranchising Eight Million South-east Voters by luluosas(m): 9:41am On Feb 27, 2019
Cry me a river Obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mass Defection Hits APC in Sokoto as Over 100,000 Members Join PDP / North Kicks As Afenifere, Others Back Southern Governors On Cattle Grazing Ban / Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.