Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court (1069 Views)

Atiku Rejects Wike Stadium Offer / PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate / Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by domesifa(m): 9:34am On Feb 27, 2019
Defeated presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has rejected the result of the election won by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Atiku, who had kept mute since Monday, when the results showed that he was going to be the loser, knocked the election as a sham. And he said he will be challenging it in court.

Read his statement:

I thank the Nigerian people who trooped out in their millions to perform their civic duty this past Saturday. The patriotism of Nigerians is heartwarming and affirms my oft-repeated statement that we are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one mother Nigeria.

With regards to the Presidential elections that took place on February 23, 2019, it is clear that there were manifest and premeditated malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

One obvious red flag is the statistical impossibility of states ravaged by the war on terror generating much higher voter turnouts than peaceful states. The suppressed votes in my strongholds are so apparent and amateurish, that I am ashamed as a Nigerian that such could be allowed to happen. How can total votes in Akwa-Ibom, for instance, be 50% less than what they were in 2015?

How can total votes in Akwa-Ibom, for instance, be 50% less than what they were in 2015?

Another glaring anomaly is the disruption of voting in strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and diverse other states, with the authorities doing little or nothing and in some cases facilitating these unfortunate situations.

The militarization of the electoral process is a disservice to our democracy and a throwback to the jackboot era of military dictatorship. In some areas of the country, such as, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Imo states, troops deployed for the elections turned their guns on the very citizens they were meant to protect. This is condemnable and should not be associated with our electoral process in the future.

I am a democrat and there are democratic avenues available to present the truth to the nation and the watching world. Already, many international observers have given their verdicts, which corroborate our observations. I am sure more will come in the coming hours and days.

If I had lost in a free and fair election, I would have called the victor within seconds of my being aware of his victory to offer not just my congratulations, but my services to help unite Nigeria by being a bridge between the North and the South.

However, in my democratic struggles for the past three decades, I have never seen our democracy so debased as it was on Saturday, February 23, 2019. 2007 was a challenge, but President Yar’Adua was remorseful. In 2019, it is sad to see those who trampled on democracy thumping their noses down on the Nigerian people.

Consequently, I hereby reject the result of the February 23, 2019 sham election and will be challenging it in court.

I want to assure my supporters and the entire Nigerian people that together, we will not allow democracy to be emasculated.

I hope and pray Nigerians will someday summon the courage to defend democracy. That is the only way we can move away from being the world headquarters for extreme poverty.

https://www.nan.ng/politics/just-in-atiku-rejects-the-result-heads-to-court/

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by Baawaa(m): 9:35am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku,don't forget that Onnoghen has been suspended grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by Nogodye(m): 9:35am On Feb 27, 2019
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by oyebanji44: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2019
Loser..Atikulooter isn't an option..Nobody will give support to a known thief..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by Corrinthians(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2019
Exactly what the lawyers want. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by Omololu001: 9:38am On Feb 27, 2019
Like for buhari

Share for atiku
grin

I believe atiku will be sworn in as the president on may 29 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by cpu2006(m): 9:38am On Feb 27, 2019
get your own today at affordable price. we also do home delivery for our customers at Abuja and its environs

Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by Iamgrey5(m): 9:40am On Feb 27, 2019
Kwakwoso never do you strong thing finish abi grin
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by helinues: 9:40am On Feb 27, 2019
Ok
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by okeyglm: 9:42am On Feb 27, 2019
I don't understand this people ooo. Atiku told us he has pvt results showing clearly he won. they should just declare parallel government. simple. why heading to court.
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by zlantanfan: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2019
Lol, I knew the thief would not accept after the serial defection and desperation to get to this point.

He tried all the tricks in the world and publicity stunt when it matters most to live up to the "democrat scam" he couldn't resist.

I never expected him to call buhari even though he must have gotten so many advice to do so, he can take his desperation to waste loot in the supreme court.

No more beauru de change justice
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by escodotman: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2019
It seems Buhari and APC have long perfected the plan to perpetrate themselves in power.

How? By refusing to sign the electoral amendment bill which would have made it mandatory for card readers to be used, otherwise the election would be repeated.

Why did he refuse to sign? It was a strategic master plan to make sure card readers were slow or do not work in the Southern parts of the country to frustrate the people and subsequently disenfranchise as many as possible, to reduce the voting strengths of the South. Where the plan couldn't work, they resorted to violence to make sure many votes were cancelled in the Southern Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by xnsandrxns: 9:49am On Feb 27, 2019
They never learn
They want to waste their time and money again
And at the same time, giving the piglets false hope
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by Bizmagnet: 9:51am On Feb 27, 2019
He will still lose. It's unfortunate but Atiku has himself to be blamed. He won in the south but he cannot even get 25% of entire North's votes. Even if the election is conducted 100 times, his number of votes will keep reducing because it's now clear Atiku is not popular in the North. He actually disapppinted his Southern followers. He should cover his face!

Election is gone guys but your business and ideas are more inportant to me. Get your website/blog/software today. Check my signature for my contacts.
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by olagbola45(m): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2019
I pity dis old guy,saraki and obi pushing him

He will just waste his time and money

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by honeychild(f): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2019
Lol. Dubai plan part 3.
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2019
Victory is assured
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by drskyfly007(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2019
Baawaa:
Atiku,don't forget that Onnoghen has been suspended grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Onnoghen is just one of the judges in the cult..If u know u know grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by lastempero: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2019
Quite unfortunate.
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by dahmie2013: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2019
Nigerians need to be getting smarter with elections. I have observed since 2011 elections, violence or not, irregularites or not, these INEC officials will count what they see & just declare the winner. Even if it is one person's vote dat is valid, dey will count it & announce d person as d winner.

In d long run, violence or disrupting the process pays no one & winning is a function of numbers.
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by Dannyset(m): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2019
A dunce. Lawyers too must chop na grin
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2019
Baba Atiku Leave This People...
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by MyMouth(m): 10:07am On Feb 27, 2019
Justice Tanko right now

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by haffaze777(m): 10:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Baawaa:
Can u please help me with Atiku's number, I have lawyer as brother who can help him retrieve his so called mandate, I also have baba alawo who will help with juju,it's confirm and it will cost him just 2million dollar
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by zlantanfan: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Victory is assured
lol, serial looser
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by joseph1832(m): 10:37am On Feb 27, 2019
Let him seek redress in the court, not on social media.
Re: Atiku Rejects The Result, Heads To Court by SEGLIZ: 11:10am On Feb 27, 2019
sure daddy atiku is not a learner in politics!? he forgot the word apathy when he said less 50%, there might have being political apathy.
they be sticking to the stay at home order for Jerusalem.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Refuse To Call Buhari - Atiku / Kano Gov Election: Ganduje Wins In Three Of Four LG Results Announced So Far / Riversdecides: Election To Be Completed As INEC Hang Down Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.