Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? (1219 Views)

great use of php sessions / HELP A Newbie On How To Go About PHP And Server Problem / Im A Wapka Newbie Pls Help Wapmasters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? by Dizzy001(m): 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2010
undecided undecided
From the features it seems to have all that is needed in web development, but can it be useful for a newbie undecided undecided

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html
Re: Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? by DualCore1: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2010
Notepad++, a modern browser, a local webserver and a determination to learn and code from scratch. That's all you need for web dev in my opinion.
Re: Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? by Dizzy001(m): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2010
D.C Please you haven't replied to my post and mail
Re: Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2010
@Dualcore, How nice is that Notepad ++,

If one code's PHP with it, does it show code errors and autocomplete codes like PHPDesigner does and NetBean

Saw it in one of my students system, but was to busy to even check it out!
Re: Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? by DualCore1: 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2010
Donpuzo:

@Dualcore, How nice is that Notepad ++,

If one code's PHP with it, does it show code errors and autocomplete codes like PHPDesigner does and NetBean

Saw it in one of my students system, but was to busy to even check it out!

Nope, no autocomplete. I detest auto complete, makes one lazy IMHO. Nope no code errors shown, you only see your errors and warning when you run it in the browser (there's no place like 127.0.0.1). Its raw hand coding.

As per its niceness, I can speak for only myself. I will die without it.

Its features that I like
I can work with two files that are split on the screen.

I can change the pad's background to black so that's less light getting into my eyes since I spend my lifetime (so to speak) on it. You can see what it looks like in the "Terms of Service" on my site.

It loads up in a breeze. So i dont have to think up an idea then open an editor that will take 30 seconds to load up a splash screen (like dreamweaver or netbeans) before I get presented with my work area and voila the 10 million dollar idea i had just vanished within thoseĀ  30 seconds.

Its a no bullsh!!t editor. get in pick the file you want to work on, write your codes and get out. No time for setting up projects e.t.c.
Its a very harsh editorĀ  tongue

It has perfect code coloration so you'd hardly get lost in a maze of divs :-p as it associates opening and closing tags.

I dunno what PHPDesigner looks like but I used netbeans when I worked with Java. That's some time before i got into web dev.

Dizzy001:

D.C Please you haven't replied to my post and mail

Sorry bro, I will reply it shortly. I tried downloading the attachment twice and it failed. I will try again tomorrow on another connection.
Re: Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2010
No wonder you sabi code well shocked

PHPDesigner is a lot nice and easy to work with,

The good part about my career is that i started with Notepad, so PHPDesigner or no PHPDesigner, i can code.

But that does not mean i can at any time work without it, It makes work better!

Now, like you said, that NetBean takes years to start up, And i find that truly it makes one a lazy coder

PHPDesigner is like that Notepad++ in load speed, 10 Seconds Maximum! Good part is it shows errors in some Coding syntax. Which makes debugging easier, Imagine a case of no delimiter(wink and a coder keeps looking for bugs for many minutes. This will show such error!

The auto complete makes for faster coding and highlight the meaning of functions and codes, Explaining them (IMO is Amazing and makes Programmers, know what those Function where created for).

You know that some coders code without even knowing what they are coding! They just Cram it!

I will try that Notepad++ its UI is pretty fine. And from your description seems great for a try! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Us Review Our Own Borthersoft.com Download Site www.greenlandng.com / Outsource Your Web Jobs At Affordable Price! / Free Online Loan Calculator For Nigerians By Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.