Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (687 Views)

Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard / Nigerian Christianity A Hopeless Cause ? / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by finalboss(m): 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
finalboss:
Christianity - and other religions - are certainly being used as a scam by many people - to raise funds for themselves and have a nice lazy life, without having to really work.

Was Jesus in that category too?

Was making money as a carpenter too hard and spreading the word of God, amongst blind and naïve believers, an easier way to “make a living” for him?

Well he quickly learned that you cannot piss off the wrong people without consequences.

Does modern religion do the same thing? Scamming naïve believers into blind and unquestioning faith - working for nothing, and/or contributing money so the perpetrators don’t have to work?
ALL “revealed” religions are frauds. They enrich their leaders and give the masses nothing but empty promises, are the cause of unfulfilled dreams, and burden their adherents with lifelong payments for eternal fire insurance. They also instill hate and animus amongst other human beings. They’ve killed and continue to kill anyone who doesn’t agree with their sky wizard, who, strangely enough, has the same bigotries as they do.

Ask yourself if this makes any sense to you:
Mark 16:18 clearly lists the signs of a Christian as, "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." There is no qualification put on having these powerful abilities. Mark 16:17 clearly states, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; . . ." According to this Bible promise, anyone who believes in the Gospels and Jesus will be able to, among other things, ". . . drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."!

True Christians should go drink poison if they are that certain of their faith. The Bible commands them to. The next time a deadly illness affects a Christian, don’t go to the hospital, instead find one of your brethren, have them “lay hands on you” and see if you’ll be “healed.”
No sane person drinks poison and anyone who can does go to a medical center to be treated for illness. But the Bible says you should drink poison because you’re immune and it says all you need to get healthy is a good hand job. These are the written gospels of Christianity. They are claptrap, and now we have prosperity gospel charlatans polluting the airwaves and our body politic at all levels to contend with.
pls can I have your contact?
Re: . by finalboss(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
Re: . by finalboss(m): 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
Re: . by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
Finalboss clear it
Re: . by finalboss(m): 5:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
Re: . by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 20, 2019
finalboss:
is everything okay ?
yes I just want to discuss something with you
Re: . by finalboss(m): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2019
Preetiex:
yes I just want to discuss something with you
call me then.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
finalboss:
call me then.
is that your WhatsApp number?
Re: . by finalboss(m): 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
Re: . by finalboss(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
Preetiex:
is that your WhatsApp number?
drop your digits so i can call you.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2019
Re: . by finalboss(m): 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
Preetiex:
clear

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Teacher’s Manual 10 March 2019 Lesson 28 – Speaking With New / Positive Traits About Lady Jezebel / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See Yourself In A Pit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.